Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 12:59 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,359,544 times

Advertisements

They pay me to be here for my quick wit and great advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 01:15 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,470,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Besides the relationship forum, try the history and politics forum. Occasionally, those forums can be war zone, but there are a LOT of very smart people there. Good luck!!

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the smarts of the History forum, P&OC........ah...not so much. lol

Old 02-15-2014, 01:26 PM

39,341 posts, read 27,740,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnatomicflux View Post
i wholeheartedly agree with you on the smarts of the history forum, p&oc........ah...not so much. Lol
lol

Old 02-15-2014, 02:02 PM

943 posts, read 1,006,257 times
Precious Lillyflower from the Mighty Boosh?
If so, thats a great username!
I am here because I was researching some statistics in an effort to make a wise choice about moving to a place that it turned out I didn't really want to move there after I visited,but I stumbled onto the relationship forum...kind of wondered if anyone had an experience like mine?
After reading it for a while, I realized no one probably had, and decided I would never post anything about my real problems on here because of the way some people are about it.
However, I can't resist offering advice when it is an experience I've had and learned from. I don't like to see other people suffering, and I can't stand people who cause suffering in others, disrespect and hateful idiocy.
I've only been here for about a year, so I haven't become experienced enough to always know when someone is just a troll, or winding other people up. But, I don't care, what the heck...this is the first online forum I've done, and its kind of fun...although addictive.
When my work schedule changes again, I won't be here as much.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:30 PM

830 posts, read 1,669,900 times
1. Entertainment
2. Provocative questions and topics (as in apply to most people and make us think)
3. Glimpse of what other men and women are thinking about relationships and sex, as I am not mainstream
4. Reminders to be thankful for my husband!

Old 02-15-2014, 04:21 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,011,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Internet addiction is the reason why most of us are here.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,971,506 times
I was searching info on a book. And it brought me here.

Also to communicate and learn from very interesting individuals. To laugh, vent, cry, yell about topics. I got good info and tickets to a comedy show from a nice lady. I learned info about computers. To understand different perspectives. To depate on world happenings. To talk about interesting things such as outerworld findings. To flirt. Lol (I know) To laugh and eff around.
And some to make friends other than my normal circle. Expand my horizons.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:23 PM

237 posts, read 441,603 times
I started on CD discussing infrastructure projects and other matters pertaining to my city. I think I was single and I some how saw this sub and was like oh, ok, might as well check it out and ever since then they won't let me go home. To be honest though I struggle through what some posters, including myself at times, comment so cynically about so I figured I might as well fit in where I do and if I can help someone onto the right path (doubtfully but eh) then it was never a waste now was it?

Old 02-15-2014, 05:38 PM

1,444 posts, read 1,946,969 times
I'm not a regular, but I post here sometimes (I read it far more often then I comment, though).

Why, you ask?

I guess because I think it's funny. It's here where the anonymity of internet forums is taken advantage of to a greater extreme than I see anywhere else on this site; one of my favorite things, for instance, is the members who show up here to detail the intricacies of their sex-lives (you know who you are) for faceless strangers and actually must be thinking to themselves 'hey, yeah, these people probably believe that I'm screwing a network of sex partners that consists of basically every woman I know' (the female members around here seem a bit more reserved in that respect). And then there are the litanies of threads that paint an honest picture of certain peoples' complete and total ineptitude in managing their relationships, which is, I suppose, what has made this primarily an advice forum.

Now in my case, I don't really offer relationship advice on this forum, and I've certainly never sought it myself. I can think of a few regular posters around here who do offer intelligent, realistic advice to those who come here looking for it, but for various reasons, I question the sincerity and experience of a number of people who offer it.

So yeah, that's pretty much why I'm here.

Now I'm going to have to cut this short because I think I just saw a thread titled "what's the most people you've slept with in 24 hours?"

Looks like a good one.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:55 PM

527 posts, read 602,190 times
I enjoy my own dating and relationships, and hearing other people's dating and relationship stories (good and bad). I have decades of dating experience across different cultures, socioeconomic levels, geographic locations, and ages (obviously, given the "decades" part), and enjoy using that experience to help others who are struggling when possible. It seems most of the people here who are struggling are just wanting to vent rather than actually change anything, but a few actually want help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics