Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 07:53 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Morning, y’all
Yippee! It’s the weekend and we all know what that means

It’s time for. . .

Today's Questions:
In honor of the English seaside resort of Brighton getting the 1st British nude beach
back in 1979

Spoiler
What?

Have you ever, either unintentionally or by choice, gone to a nude beach? If so, tell us about it
(while keeping it PG-13ish) Yes. When I was in highschool, my best friend's father rented a house for a week on Fire Island. We went topless on the beach. It was a gay beach, nobody was really interested in us.

Speaking of the beach, what was the last beach you visited and where (state, country, etc.)? La Jolla CA.

Have you ever rented a houseboat and spent time at/on a lake? If so, tell us about it. Took the RV to Lake Powell. It's like Sedona, but with water!

Just for Fun:
Today’s Just for Fun Questions were sent to us by our fun (and funny) correspondent in Fun Land
Central, which is somewhere in Arizona . . .

Just For Fun:
You've been given the job of producing a movie, what would that movie be about?

Which location would you choose for that movie?

If it were based on a true story, would you choose the actual location?

Would the cast consist of very famous actors/actresses or not so famous people?

Would you be one of the actors/actresses in this movie?

Today in History:

1842 - U.S. - Canada border defined by Webster-Ashburton Treaty
1942 - 200 Jews escape Mir Ghetto in Poland
1945 - U.S. drops 2nd atomic bomb "Fat Man" on Japan destroys part of Nagasaki
1956 - 1st statewide, state-supported educational TV network, Alabama
1961 - James B Parsons is 1st black appointed to Federal District Court
1969 - Manson family commits Tate-LaBianca murders
1974 - Richard Nixon resigns presidency, Vice President Gerald Ford becomes 38th president
1979 - English seaside resort Brighton gets 1st British nude beach
1988 - Just 1 day after 8/8/88 New York's daily number is 888
2010 - Japan's Mayor Tomihisa Taue appeals to eliminate nuclear weapons at the 65th anniversary
commemoration of the 1945 bombing of Nagasaki
2013 - Congressional Republicans and the Obama administration agree that Town councils should be
allowed to open their meetings with a Christian prayer

Quote of the Day:

Enjoy your weekend and of course,
Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 08:12 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Have you ever, either unintentionally or by choice, gone to a nude beach? If so, tell us about it
(while keeping it PG-13ish)
Most embarrassing moment in my life..freshly landed in Canada school friends decided to play a joke on me and while hiking they took a detour to that particular nude beach...should have seen my face at age 16

Speaking of the beach, what was the last beach you visited and where (state, country, etc.)? last week Tofino beach /BC/Canada

Have you ever rented a houseboat and spent time at/on a lake? If so, tell us about it. nope

Just for Fun:
Today’s Just for Fun Questions were sent to us by our fun (and funny) correspondent in Fun Land

Just For Fun:
You've been given the job of producing a movie, what would that movie be about? Wildlife documentary

Which location would you choose for that movie? around the world

THANK YOU Joy

Old 08-09-2014, 08:21 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Today's Questions:
In honor of the English seaside resort of Brighton getting the 1st British nude beach
back in 1979

Spoiler
What?

(while keeping it PG-13ish) No, I've never been to a nude beach...lol.

Speaking of the beach, what was the last beach you visited and where (state, country, etc.)? South Padre Island, Texas.

Have you ever rented a houseboat and spent time at/on a lake? If so, tell us about it. No

Just for Fun:

Just For Fun:
You've been given the job of producing a movie, what would that movie be about? College football

Which location would you choose for that movie? Several college football stadiums

If it were based on a true story, would you choose the actual location? Yes

Would the cast consist of very famous actors/actresses or not so famous people? I would have famous coaches and athletes in cameos if possible. However, the actors would be amateurs (maybe drama/theatre arts students from some of the colleges)

Would you be one of the actors/actresses in this movie? No, but I might do narration for the film if that was needed, etc.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:47 AM

24,474 posts, read 26,008,272 times
It’s time for. . .

Today's Questions:
back in 1979

Spoiler

Ahhh, no.

Speaking of the beach, what was the last beach you visited and where (state, country, etc.)?
The beach at the Del Coronado in San Diego for a wedding.

Have you ever rented a houseboat and spent time at/on a lake? If so, tell us about it.
We have rented houseboats at Lake Mead, NV and Lake Powell in AZ and UT for skiing, boating and exploring.

Just for Fun:

Just For Fun:
Hmm, maybe something along the lines of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.

UT and AZ.

Yep

A mixture of both.

A not so famous one.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:48 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Morning, y’all
Yippee! It’s the weekend and we all know what that means - Hmm.. I think it's time to get caught up with "Projects" around the house I couldn't do during the week..

It’s time for. . .

Today's Questions:
back in 1979

(while keeping it PG-13ish) - Hmm.. maybe the time I jumped into a pool and my swim trunks slipped off? - No, I've never gone to a "nude beach"... LOL.. I think just about every beach is a "Semi-nude" beach.. with the way swim suits are designed nowadays...

Speaking of the beach, what was the last beach you visited and where (state, country, etc.)? - Malibu, in California.

Have you ever rented a houseboat and spent time at/on a lake? If so, tell us about it. - Hmm.. It rained a lot last weekend, it sure felt like my house was a houseboat.. - No, I never have.

Just for Fun:
- Fun Land in Arizona.. It's cheaper than Disneyland.... and a lot less crowded..

Just For Fun:
You've been given the job of producing a movie, what would that movie be about? - Hmm.. My life story? It'll win the "Movie that puts you to sleep" award.. - Actually, it would be based on a true story, or a comedy.

Which location would you choose for that movie? - For a comedy.. Washington, DC...

If it were based on a true story, would you choose the actual location? - Hmm.. I'll try.. Of course if it were to be based on a historic event from 300-400 years ago around New York City, it might be a little tough to film it there.. with all those skyscrapers...

Would the cast consist of very famous actors/actresses or not so famous people? - I'd select some average everyday people like us.

Would you be one of the actors/actresses in this movie? - I would.. Of course I'd have to allocate a lot of the money in the budget for the make-up people... - Actually, not a lead role, but I might appear in a scene or two..

Thanks Joy, and everyone enjoy a great Saturday.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:31 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
Today's Questions:

Have you ever, either unintentionally or by choice, gone to a nude beach? If so, tell us about it. Nope.

Speaking of the beach, what was the last beach you visited and where (state, country, etc.)?
One of the beaches on the Ring of Kerry in Ireland two years ago.

Have you ever rented a houseboat and spent time at/on a lake? If so, tell us about it. Never rented a houseboat. We lived on a lake in WI and had a pontoon boat that we used to take out to spend the day on the water.

You've been given the job of producing a movie, what would that movie be about? I'd like to make a movie from one of Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache books.

Which location would you choose for that movie? The fictional village of Three Pines, Montreal, Canada.

If it were based on a true story, would you choose the actual location? Montreal, Canada.

Would the cast consist of very famous actors/actresses or not so famous people? A mixture, though I could see most of actors from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in it.

Would you be one of the actors/actresses in this movie? No -- I'd be on the set though.

Thanks JJ and happy Saturday everyone!

Last edited by KiwiKate; 08-09-2014 at 09:40 AM..

Old 08-09-2014, 12:32 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
[quote=JustJoy;36004694]Morning, y’all
Yippee! It’s the weekend and we all know what that means

It’s time for. . .

Today's Questions:
back in 1979

Spoiler
What?

I so want to play with those cuties.
Yes with the ex in California, but we were fishing and had our clothes on.
June 29th at the Warren Dunes in Michigan with the shorties. They had never been there and liked it best so far. Of course they did, it's the farthest from our house. They'll be back in school in less then two more weeks.
Have you ever rented a houseboat and spent time at/on a lake? If so, tell us about it.
No but I so want to do that. I could fish any time I want to. A friend of mine at work was showing me these house boats in India. It looked so fun.

Just for Fun:

Just For Fun:
A romantic comedy.
Mike's back yard.
Certainly.
Some talented newbies that need a break.

Today in History:

1842 - U.S. - Canada border defined by Webster-Ashburton Treaty
1942 - 200 Jews escape Mir Ghetto in Poland
1945 - U.S. drops 2nd atomic bomb "Fat Man" on Japan destroys part of Nagasaki
1956 - 1st statewide, state-supported educational TV network, Alabama
1961 - James B Parsons is 1st black appointed to Federal District Court
1969 - Manson family commits Tate-LaBianca murders
1974 - Richard Nixon resigns presidency, Vice President Gerald Ford becomes 38th president
1979 - English seaside resort Brighton gets 1st British nude beach
1988 - Just 1 day after 8/8/88 New York's daily number is 888
2010 - Japan's Mayor Tomihisa Taue appeals to eliminate nuclear weapons at the 65th anniversary
commemoration of the 1945 bombing of Nagasaki
2013 - Congressional Republicans and the Obama administration agree that Town councils should be
allowed to open their meetings with a Christian prayer

Quote of the Day:

Thanks JJ you too. My head hurts from getting off at 6am and having to be at work again in another hour and a half. I'm thinking about staying over again tonight. Hours are going to be scarce again. It was easy money yesterday except for the papa that tried to bite me when I tried to reattach him to the ventilator after disconnecting himself for the tenth time. They always get bad at night.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:41 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times

Sure…topless beaches, nude beaches and a few nude resorts but not in the last 10 years or so The first time was when I was about 15. I was freaked out when a nude man got in the mud bath with my friends and I, he was harmless but what did we know, lol. The strangest sight was a woman standing nude on the beach wearing a straw sun hat and nothing else while reading a book. That is an image I will never forget. I do love to swim nekkid

I see some of you talked about Fire Island. Been there and that was the first time I had a woman check me out.

Speaking of the beach, what was the last beach you visited and where (state, country, etc.)? A private island beach in Florida.

Have you ever rented a houseboat and spent time at/on a lake? If so, tell us about it. No but that would be cool.

Just For Fun:
You've been given the job of producing a movie, what would that movie be about? No interest in movies

Which location would you choose for that movie? Anywhere but where I live. I don't like crowds

Have a great day.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:44 PM

21,547 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Today's Questions:
back in 1979

Spoiler
What?

Yes, several times when I was young and single. It was an enjoyable experience, not sexual at all. People respected each other's boundaries and there was no staring or inappropriate behavior. It was just a fun experience, very liberating.
It was either Ocean Beach in San Francisco or Carmel Beach in Carmel, I am not sure.
Yes, two girlfriends and I rented a houseboat on the Sacramento Delta one hot summer weekend. I did most of the piloting while they did most of the hanging out, drinking and tanning. We didn't tie up the boat properly that night and the houseboat drifted onto a berm. I think we needed some help to get back in the water again.

Just for Fun:

Just For Fun:
A love story

San Francisco

It would depend on whether the actual location would be feasible from both an artistic and a production standpoint, i.e. weather and logistics.

I'd use one or two major names to sell the movie and cast the other parts with some unknowns with talent who deserve a break.

No. I couldn't act my way out of a paper bag.

Thanks, JustJoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics