Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 05:21 PM

722 posts, read 1,329,323 times

Advertisements

for some reason I could never get into dancing, it just feel so silly and looks funny to me for some reason? I guess it's just not part of my personality , plus Ive been laughed at numerous times because people try to make me dance when I dont like to and it just causes me to make a fool of myself

I would never try dancing again, Im not into dancing or music much, except listening to the radio while driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 05:28 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,708,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
for some reason I could never get into dancing, it just feel so silly and looks funny to me for some reason? I guess it's just not part of my personality , plus Ive been laughed at numerous times because people try to make me dance when I dont like to and it just causes me to make a fool of myself

I would never try dancing again, Im not into dancing or music much, except listening to the radio while driving.
Then don't go to dance or music clubs..avoid concerts.. ..it's that hard.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:31 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
You need to find music that speaks to you, that literally moves you. Explore a wide variety of music, including African dance music from various countries. I have one friend who really gets into disco, and knew another woman who is turned on by Bonny Raitt. People are highly individual as to what music pushes their buttons. You could try salsa, and get some instruction. It wouldn't look funny to you, if you know the right moves. A lot of the free-form dancing people do does look funny. But if you know what you're doing, dancing can be fun.

Is there any kind of music that causes you to bliss out? Or that spontaneously gets you moving a little to the beat? Explore around while listening to the radio. Check out your local university radio station, during their international programming, and also during their programs representing different styles and eras of American music. Jazz? Boogie woogie? Bluegrass? Some kind of traditional folk music? Explore around.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
The only band that makes me want to dance is Daft Punk, but there's no way I'd try to dance like they do.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:46 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:

I do love to dance, ... I'm constantly listening to music & dancing about, but I'd never try to make someone do something they weren't comfortable with. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The only band that makes me want to dance is Daft Punk, but there's no way I'd try to dance like they do.
lol! do it!

Old 04-06-2015, 05:52 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I do love to dance, ... I'm constantly listening to music & dancing about, but I'd never try to make someone do something they weren't comfortable with. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

lol! do it!
I tried! i failed! I danced to this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E64AAFwsPA

Old 04-06-2015, 06:16 PM

13,657 posts, read 9,720,920 times
Dancing and attendance at venues featuring dancing are regarded as some of the most promising means of socializing and of meeting potential romantic partners. This is unfortunate for me personally; perhaps in consonance with the OP, I deplore dancing as a silly and reprehensible activity. I view it as would a 17th-century Calvinist. And this is even more unfortunate, as even people who don't themselves dance regard disliking dancing as disliking puppies or chocolate or sunshine; to dislike dancing amounts to an execrable failure of taste or common-sense.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:21 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I tried! i failed! I danced to this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E64AAFwsPA
LOL! they are the best moves.... I'm gonna try them out

Old 04-06-2015, 06:24 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,305,026 times
Quote:

I have a question: How can anybody MAKE you dance???

I don't dance except when I'm home alone. I've had people try to force me to dance only to deal with an unyielding block of cement (me) until they finally left me alone when it was becoming a scene. I even got a brother-in-law angry with me once.

Not a thing wrong with not wanting to dance and people should respect that. Some people like to sing while others don't. Some people like to play video games while others don't.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:32 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,708,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Dancing and attendance at venues featuring dancing are regarded as some of the most promising means of socializing and of meeting potential romantic partners. This is unfortunate for me personally; perhaps in consonance with the OP, I deplore dancing as a silly and reprehensible activity. I view it as would a 17th-century Calvinist. And this is even more unfortunate, as even people who don't themselves dance regard disliking dancing as disliking puppies or chocolate or sunshine; to dislike dancing amounts to an execrable failure of taste or common-sense.
So you would ban others from dancing? I think your issue goes deeper than the OPs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics