Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 04:57 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,126,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Dave-You know when to stay quiet I don't mind painting but I have never out up wallpaper…only taken it down and it was not fun.
I love painting!

Painting the walls of my house is okay, but I particularly like painting, or rather varnishing my wooden doors. There's something rather therapeutic about bringing a dull wooden door back to life with a nice gloss or satin finish.

What I really don't like is all the preparation beforehand! All that paint-stripping and sanding down. Hate all that. Such a faff, and dust gets everywhere, not least up my nose or protective goggles.

It's almost noon, and am not quite sure what to do with myself (no comments please)

i fancy a ride on my motorcycle, but I really can't be arsed putting on all those leathers.

I think I'm in one of those "can't be arsed!" moods today. My mind wants to be proactive, but my body is saying "noooo waaayyyy, Jose!"

I think I'll have a peek at Toosie's thingies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 05:08 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,455,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
I love painting!

What I really don't like is all the preparation beforehand! All that paint-stripping and sanding down. Hate all that. Such a faff, and dust gets everywhere, not least up my nose or protective goggles.

i fancy a ride on my motorcycle, but I really can't be arsed putting on all those leathers.
How are you with hanging wallpaper Zola? I'll pay..........

As soon as you mentioned riding your motorcycle and leathers, I thought of an old movie called 'Girl on a Motorcycle.' It was made in about 1968, starring Marianne Faithfull. It was a boring film, but as a 15 year old kid, I was well impressed with her, and her bike........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NujedaWcjZg

Old 08-14-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
How are you with hanging wallpaper Zola? I'll pay..........

As soon as you mentioned riding your motorcycle and leathers, I thought of an old movie called 'Girl on a Motorcycle.' It was made in about 1968, starring Marianne Faithfull. It was a boring film, but as a 15 year old kid, I was well impressed with her, and her bike........
Nice vid, although Ms Faithful (misnomer, surely!) doesn't do anything for me: even in clingy leathers, lol

My leathers are equally tight-fitting, and are a right pain to put on, and an even bigger pain trying to peel out of! Much prefer standard textiles, or heavy-duty jeans for riding.

AS for hanging-wallpaper! Oh good gosh,no! My house doesn't have any wallpaper, and I don't think my parents have either.

That said, I have seen old photos of my grand parents home, and they had some pretty wild patterned wallpaper in their living room and bedroom. Far too loud with shocking colours and weird patterns! Am surprised they didn't get headaches looking at that lot all day long! (those photos were from the 70s I think - the decade good taste forgot, lol)

Old 08-14-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Nice vid, although Ms Faithful (misnomer, surely!) doesn't do anything for me: even in clingy leathers, lol

My leathers are equally tight-fitting, and are a right pain to put on, and an even bigger pain trying to peel out of! Much prefer standard textiles, or heavy-duty jeans for riding.

AS for hanging-wallpaper! Oh good gosh,no! My house doesn't have any wallpaper, and I don't think my parents have either.

That said, I have seen old photos of my grand parents home, and they had some pretty wild patterned wallpaper in their living room and bedroom. Far too loud with shocking colours and weird patterns! Am surprised they didn't get headaches looking at that lot all day long! (those photos were from the 70s I think - the decade good taste forgot, lol)
Marianne Faithfull is her real name....... She was very famous in the sixties. A few hit records, and then becoming Mick Jagger's squeeze. She is still around today, and is well known within music circles.

You are so right about seventies wallpaper! I remember decorating the living room of the first house I bought in 1977.......... one wall covered in big brown flowers. The opposite one pale wood wall panelling. I thought it looked great!!.......

I notice some walls in the pub in 'EastEnders' has some real interesting wallpaper. One wall is covered in images of green parrots, and another with pink flamingo's..........

But there was plenty of good taste in the seventies. I dressed to kill in that decade! Pale blue suit with flared pants, and big lapels. Matching blue platform shoes, shirt with big knotted tie, and long brown hair cascading over my shoulders. A beautiful sight to see........

Old 08-14-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Marianne Faithfull is her real name....... She was very famous in the sixties. A few hit records, and then becoming Mick Jagger's squeeze. She is still around today, and is well known within music circles.

You are so right about seventies wallpaper! I remember decorating the living room of the first house I bought in 1977.......... one wall covered in big brown flowers. The opposite one pale wood wall panelling. I thought it looked great!!.......

I notice some walls in the pub in 'EastEnders' has some real interesting wallpaper. One wall is covered in images of green parrots, and another with pink flamingo's..........

But there was plenty of good taste in the seventies. I dressed to kill in that decade! Pale blue suit with flared pants, and big lapels. Matching blue platform shoes, shirt with big knotted tie, and long brown hair cascading over my shoulders. A beautiful sight to see........
I just did a Google for "70s fashion UK", and....................... .......

Those guys are those trouser thingies. Were they "flares" you spoke about? And those lapels... and those platform shoes..... and those sideburns..... and the hair!

And I won't even describe the gear women wore back then

Dear oh dear..... i thought the 80s were weird, but dear oh dear, the 70s....dear oh dear.....lol

Well I hope you enjoyed that decade, Dave. I bet somewhere out there there's a social network for lovers of the 70s, and peeps meet up wearing 70s gear and talk about the 70s in those 70s houses and listening to 70s music ...... dear oh dear......

Old 08-14-2016, 06:12 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,570,574 times
Good afternoon boys and girls

I'm watching " carry on girls " from 1973 ( Valerie Leon 💕💕💕 ).....

But yeah I just sent a text to the old man..." And you take the Plss out of my clobber!! " 😂😂😂😂

Old 08-14-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
I just did a Google for "70s fashion UK", and....................... .......

Those guys are those trouser thingies. Were they "flares" you spoke about? And those lapels... and those platform shoes..... and those sideburns..... and the hair!

And I won't even describe the gear women wore back then

Dear oh dear..... i thought the 80s were weird, but dear oh dear, the 70s....dear oh dear.....lol

Well I hope you enjoyed that decade, Dave. I bet somewhere out there there's a social network for lovers of the 70s, and peeps meet up wearing 70s gear and talk about the 70s in those 70s houses and listening to 70s music ...... dear oh dear......
Bright colours huh?......... We men became fashion peacocks in the 70s!! Yeah flared pants. To look perfect, they had to drape at the bottom over your shoes. The idea was for the pants to be just above the floor, with the shoes completely hidden........ I didn't do that - I wanted my polka dot shoes to be seen....

Fashions for women changed dramatically. At the end of the 60s mini's went out, and maxi shirts came in. By 1974, women went to nightclubs in floor length dresses. I have photos of my first wife at our wedding reception in 1973. After changing from her wedding dress, she had on a full length brown cord dress. The top was just straps, and a bodice round her waist. All her friends loved it........ That dress cost me a fortune bought from a store in Oxford Street, London.

The clothes just got brighter, and more colourful as the decade advanced. When platform shoes appeared in about 1972, I thought no way would they catch on...... but they did. Women loved them, because they gave them height. I had to wear them as well, because if I didn't the girls would be taller than me.....

So we all staggered around in these very tall shoes. If you fell off them, a sprained ankle was guaranteed!! It was a great time, and we all dressed to the nines when going out. It was crazy fashion, but at least it was fashion...... I see some of the kids today, and fashion seems to have passed them by. Many are really almost scruffy.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Good afternoon boys and girls

I'm watching " carry on girls " from 1973 ( Valerie Leon 💕💕💕 ).....

But yeah I just sent a text to the old man..." And you take the Plss out of my clobber!! " 😂😂😂😂
Hi LC...... Valerie Leon....... she was a goddess!! She reached the heights with 'Carry On Up The Jungle.'

Here is Valerie helping to flog after shave......... she just couldn't resist the smell.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWn9EmbFTRo

Old 08-14-2016, 06:28 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,570,574 times
Quote:
Hi LC...... Valerie Leon....... she was a goddess!! She reached the heights with 'Carry On Up The Jungle.'

Here is Valerie helping to flog after shave......... she just couldn't resist the smell.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWn9EmbFTRo
Ohhhhh NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That was a future wind up with you mate and " hai karate "....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ECvWJadIKNY although I still get the a few with it

I've got up the jungle on my planner for the next one .... Then arsenal vs Liverpool

Old 08-14-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ohhhhh NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I've got up the jungle on my planner for the next one .... Then arsenal vs Liverpool
I have just been watching some other Hai Karate adverts with Valerie Leon........ boy, she was an amazon!

She was made for 'Carry On' films starring all those little old guys like Kenneth Williams, and Kenneth Conner! She towered over them........

What got me, even back then, was wondering why all those gorgeous young women, would pursue those old guys....... it was just so ridiculous.......

The best of them were 'Carry on Doctor' and 'Carry on Camping.' Poor Hattie Jacques...... whenever she came on camera, the background music was always deep tuba music, as a comment on her rotund build I guess.

But in 'Carry on Doctor' when she cornered Kenneth Williams, like a spider with a fly, it was so funny. Notice how they bang heads, and they carried on filming.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNhuvox43I

The year after, they made Carry On Camping. Hattie was still pursuing Kenneth Williams........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQe2EK5T3VQ

Enjoy the football LC........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics