Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 02:21 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,081,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Star, congratulations, well done, pukka job, on the winning of the lovely jubbly.
Oh thankyou, thankyou (you're not getting any of my winnings though!).

But it's really weird - the last few weeks, I kept getting a recurring dream that I had won the lottery... then I did actually win some money on the lottery (ok, it's hardly big bucks ).

First of all, I had a dream that I had won £35,000 on the lottery... then I won £10 on the Lotto. Then about a week later, I dreamt that I won £2.2M (wow!) on the lottery. So I got myself a ticket again, and won a grand total of £4.90 on EuroMillions (damn, my winnings are going down ). Then I won a free ticket on Loteri Cymru (Welsh Lottery... damn, my winnings have gone down further again ).

I do suggest though - if anyone dreams that they win the lottery, that they actually buy a ticket. It could be a sign!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 02:43 PM

24,567 posts, read 26,123,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Very disappointed that no-one has congratulated me on my 3 recent lottery wins!
Congrats Star, some how I knew you wouldn't share with us.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Congrats Star, some how I knew you wouldn't share with us.
Thanks! I'm too tight with my money, I'm afraid. I don't even tip my hairdresser, or a restaurant, or anything!

Old 05-11-2017, 03:45 PM

^ Having said the above, I have been giving a lot of things to the charity shop recently, as I am moving house next year, and getting rid of a load of stuff.

At the moment, I have a table and chairs in my kitchen, plus a larger dining table in my dining room (without the chairs - we are using the chairs for the kitchen table, as the ones that came with that got worn... I hope everyone is following this...).

Anyway, I spent this afternoon ringing up places, trying to give them a dining table, for free. I rang up a local Council scheme, that recycles furniture for people in the community. First of all they said they'd take my table. But then when they found out it didn't have chairs with it, they said "Oh no, we don't want it without the chairs".

Then I rang up the British Heart Foundation, as they take furniture too. But they said the same thing - they didn't want the table without the chairs. I can't bloody give my table away! No-one wants it, even for free!

Old 05-12-2017, 03:21 AM

13,714 posts, read 10,078,667 times
Quote:
I wonder why?!
Brixton Broadcasting Corporation.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:23 AM

13,714 posts, read 10,078,667 times
Quote:
^ Having said the above, I have been giving a lot of things to the charity shop recently, as I am moving house next year, and getting rid of a load of stuff.

At the moment, I have a table and chairs in my kitchen, plus a larger dining table in my dining room (without the chairs - we are using the chairs for the kitchen table, as the ones that came with that got worn... I hope everyone is following this...).

Anyway, I spent this afternoon ringing up places, trying to give them a dining table, for free. I rang up a local Council scheme, that recycles furniture for people in the community. First of all they said they'd take my table. But then when they found out it didn't have chairs with it, they said "Oh no, we don't want it without the chairs".

Then I rang up the British Heart Foundation, as they take furniture too. But they said the same thing - they didn't want the table without the chairs. I can't bloody give my table away! No-one wants it, even for free!
Star, Freecycle.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:10 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,455,119 times
Quote:
Thanks! I'm too tight with my money, I'm afraid. I don't even tip my hairdresser, or a restaurant, or anything!
You better reassure American readers, that not tipping here doesn't result with being shot at dawn.......

Old 05-12-2017, 10:45 AM

24,567 posts, read 26,123,714 times
Quote:

When I have stuff like that I put it on the curb and it's usually gone in the morning.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Star, Freecycle.
I used to use Freecycle, but then one day, these two chaps came around my house to pick up a sofa. I showed them the sofa, and they just picked it up and left! No "thanks" or anything! I thought that was a bit of a cheek.

Then I heard that people were getting stuff via Freecycle, and flogging it on eBay. I'd rather my furniture go to someone who needed it, rather than someone trying to make money out of it.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
You better reassure American readers, that not tipping here doesn't result with being shot at dawn.......
Well, I haven't suffered any repercussions... yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics