Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 07:24 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,433,079 times

Advertisements

~ Uh oh - now you need to name a song that has a number in its title!

8th World Wonder by Kimberley Locke. It randomly started playing on my phone while I was still in bed this morning.

~ *It* must be the most luxurious meal you can remember having!

Nothing stands out really. I'm neither a foodie or a fancy eater.

~ Please recommend a *bread* that you really enjoy.

I'm currently in kind of a bored of bread phase.

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever?

Milk of course, but it's not necessary to send into space. I just don't want to look at it.

And whatever's trendy at the moment because I hate trendy foods. Foods that have always been around but people suddenly acting like they're the greatest thing ever. Come on now. Send them away, at least for a while, so people will shut up about them.

~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay!

I would like to visit the Grand Canyon again.

~ Buckwheat or Spanky or Pee Wee Herman?

Pee Wee Herman. I grew up with him. If you didn't know, my user name is a reference to a line in one of his movies.

~ You must list 3 *authors*! Ray Bradbury, Michael Crichton, Shirley Jackson.

~ Now...a food or three that you like that has at least a little *crunch*....

Carrots, peppers, tortilla chips.

~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat?

My favorite new (to me) place is Pollo Tropical.

~ This week you get a free light fixture or lamp! Please let me know what kind to send you...and what it should look like.

Something mid-century modern. That's a random question.

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*?

I saw one in a flower pot that I think a squirrel dug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 08:21 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=rainroosty;44279356]~ Uh oh - now you need to name a song that has a number in its title!
Number 9

There have been so many in my life it's all a blur.
Soul dough.

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever?

All these damn Tootsie Rolls Lucille gave me that I told her not to but she put a box in something else she gave me.
~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay!

The Shed Aquarium and Planetarium in Chicago. I haven't been in awhile. It's time to go.

Buckwheat
~ You must list 3 *authors*!
Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Post, Charles Dickens. Wow that's an odd sort but they were the first that popped into my still sleeping brain.

Sun chips, celery (I'm so sick of it now.) an apple. I miss my honey crisp every day.
~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat?
One of those greasy spoon truck stops. I miss cheese burgers. I haven't had one in months now.

~ This week you get a free light fixture or lamp! Please let me know what kind to send you...and what it should look like.

Oh how nice. Can I have one of those antique Tiffany stained glass ones with a tree root bronze base?
Oh crap. About two weeks ago when I had to dig hundreds of them for planting. That was a grueling three days.

**** Thank you for attending these Fryday Fill-Ins and delicious merriment and comfort to you all! If you would rather receive the free recliner chair instead of the light thingy then let me know now, please. ****

No No. The light thingie has always been just a beautiful dream. Those lights go for big bucks.

Thanks roosty. Eat something fun and think of me. I'm off to skate with the sexy seniors.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:54 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
~ Uh oh - now you need to name a song that has a number in its title! 99 Bottles of Beer

~ *It* must be the most luxurious meal you can remember having! Many years ago, a friend's son worked in a fabulous restaurant in Milwaukee. One night he treated us to an amazing meal with a different wine to go with each course. Don't remember any of the details about the food but I still remember the experience.

~ Please recommend a *bread* that you really enjoy. Black olive from Great Harvest.

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever? Grits, sushi, refried beans.

~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay! I visited Valley of Fire a month or so ago and really liked it.

~ Buckwheat or Spanky or Pee Wee Herman? Pee Wee is the only one I know.

Lee Child
Jacqueline Winspear
Jonathan Kellerman

Iceberg lettuce, fried chicken, Fuji apples, cucumber, thin crust pizza.

~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat? Cracker Barrel

~ This week you get a free light fixture or lamp! Please let me know what kind to send you...and what it should look like. I'd like a ceiling fan/light combo for my study please. Not too big though -- it's a small room. Rubbed bronze metal with dark wood blades and milk glass shades. I'm excited to see what you choose! Thanks Roosty.

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*? Lots of them in the sandstone rocks at the Valley of Fire.

Thanks for the questions Mr. Roosty! I'm looking forward to getting my light fixture. Happy Fryday everyone!

Old 06-03-2016, 09:37 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,565 times
Uh oh - now you need to name a song that has a number in its title! 100 YEARS

~ *It* must be the most luxurious meal you can remember having! LOBSTER AND SNAILS AT MR PAUL'S CHOPHOUSE

~ Please recommend a *bread* that you really enjoy. CRUSTY ITALIAN

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever? SARDINES...

~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? YES Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay! APPALACHIAN MUSEUM CLINTON TENNESSEE

~ Buckwheat or Spanky or Pee Wee Herman? BUCKWHEAT

~ You must list 3 *authors*! JUDY BLUME..... PATRICIA CORNWELL.......TOBIAS WOLFF

~ Now...a food or three that you like that has at least a little *crunch*.... ALFALFA SPROUTS.....CELERY.....PITA CHIPS

~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat? A NICE VEGGIE SANDWICH STAND

~ This week you get a free light fixture or lamp! Please let me know what kind to send you...and what it should look like. OLD FASHION TIFFANY LAMP

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*? IN MY BACK YARD....GOPHERS......

Old 06-03-2016, 09:42 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,709 times
Seven Bridges Road - The Eagles

It's sad, but Maryland crabs are probably it, especially considering the prices they've been in recent years.

Anything I would eat, don't really care what it is.

I loved going to Colonial Williamsburg. It's a really nice place to walk around and enjoy for awhile.

Don't know any of them

William Shakespeare, James Patterson, F. Scott Fitzgerald

Goldfish crackers

Chocolate chip cookies

A new light for our family room. Our current one flickers.

In the road. The potholes are still awful around here. They're patching them, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:51 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,004,316 times
"One" by Three Dog Night

Coming from a family of most excellent cooks who enjoyed cooking awesome meals this is a hard question to answer. However I will have to go with a meal I had a few years after leaving home and during my truly broke years. After a couple days of nothing but cream of ketchup soup and stale bread wish sandwiches ( wish there was something between the 2 slices of bread ) I found a 5 dollar bill. Made a beeline to MacDonald's and had a burger.

Potato bread

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, uh standby, would someone get that crazy animal lady that is trying to open the spaceship door and toss her out, four, three, two. one we have liftoff. Houston that load of yucky veggies is out of here.

Not just a tourist attraction but the Pike Street Market in Seattle is a neat place to visit

Uh Houston can you have the spaceship come back for a minute. I have three people to load onboard.

I won't and you can't make me.

~ Now...a food or three that you like that has at least a little *crunch*...
Crackers (nothing worse than a soggy cracker), Thin & crispy pizza, and toast.

The Pickle Barrel Deli in Bozeman, Montana would be nice. Philly has no clue how to make a cheese steak sub. The Pickle Barrel makes roosty size subs. They are massive. They are tasty. Be sure to roll up your sleeves before eating their cheese steak. Better grab a second handful of napkins. Be sure to growl at anyone that gets too close to your sub.

How about one that is made from gold. It should look very large with lots of gold. Feel free to use a massive diamond for the on/off switch.

In the roadway.

**** Thank you for attending these Fryday Fill-Ins and delicious merriment and comfort to you all! If you would rather receive the free recliner chair instead of the light thingy then let me know now, please. ****

Old 06-03-2016, 10:04 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
~ Uh oh - now you need to name a song that has a number in its title! You're Sixteen (You're Beautiful And You're Mine)

~ *It* must be the most luxurious meal you can remember having! A meal a few months ago at a restaurant in my town. It started with an appetizer, the best calamari I'd ever tasted. My entrée was incredibly delicious seared scallops. It was a heavenly meal.

~ Please recommend a *bread* that you really enjoy. Marble rye.

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever? *lol* Cantaloupe and honeydew melon. Blecch.

~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? Yepper. Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay! "The Wall" at Dubrovnik, Croatia. Here's a picture I took while walking on the wall that surrounds the ancient city.

~ Buckwheat or Spanky or Pee Wee Herman? Buckwheat.

~ You must list 3 *authors*! Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens; Kathryn Stockett (The Help); Anna Sewell (Black Beauty).

~ Now...a food or three that you like that has at least a little *crunch*.... Fried calamari; Katie's potato chips; Good Thins potato crackers.

~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat? Tacos.

~ This week you get a free light fixture or lamp! Please let me know what kind to send you...and what it should look like. I'd like a ceiling fan/light combo for my bedroom. But it has to come with someone to install it for me. I've had one in a box for several years and I can't get an electrician to come and install it on a weekend. The place it would go in my ceiling requires some new wiring and a support beam, so it's not something I can just do myself.

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*? Ugh. The past few days, small holes have appeared in my yard and I don't know what's making them. They are about 1.5" in diameter and I've found at least a dozen of them. Chipmunks, perhaps? I've always had chipmunks in my yard, but have only once before seen a hole like one of these. And this time there are so many! I'd like to put a stop to it without harming any creatures. Will deal with it after next week, when I return from vacation.

**** Thank you for attending these Fryday Fill-Ins and delicious merriment and comfort to you all! If you would rather receive the free recliner chair instead of the light thingy then let me know now, please. **** *lol* I'll still take the light, please, so long as you send someone to install it. Happy, happy Fryday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-03-2016 at 10:21 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 10:26 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
One For The Money

A 10 course Italian meal 2 miles up a dirt road with lots of wine.

Sourdough or Russian Rye.

Sushi, anything coconut, escargot and lima beans.

Most of the museums in DC, Zion NP and Monument Valley.

Can't have one without the other.

Louis L'Amour, Stephen King and Zane Grey.

Chips, tacos and raw veggies.

Bacon, eggs, taters, biscuits n gravy and OJ.

Pass, we have too many lamps/lights now, but we do have a couple of lamp shades on order.

I saw a hole loaf of bread, does that count.

Thanx MrRoosty for the nice Q's.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:34 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Love Potion # 9

Almost 30 $ steak at Longhorn Steak House. Not the best though...

Nature's Own honey wheat.

Caviar for sure and maybe a few others....

The Texas State aquarium for one. That's local. The Grand Canyon is awesome.

Steven King, Michael Crichton and Dean Kuntz.

BLT's, Grilled Cheese sandwich, crispy tacos.

That would vary with my appetite for that day.

I'd like a really old timey stagecoach wheel with lanterns.

Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Old 06-03-2016, 10:48 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
In the Year 2525

The last meal like that was in April at Les Ombres in Paris Restaurant Les Ombres - Musée du Quai Branly - Paris Le Restaurant | lesombres-restaurant.com
I had a wonderful steak dinner and a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower at night from our table next to the window; only a few blocks away. (see pictures below)

French baguettes,,, never had one before but I sure enjoyed them while in Paris.

Cans of Spam

Many of the small towns that we visited along the Seine River in France while on a cruise there. Also I very much like YellowStone and the Grand Canyon as well most all of the National Parks in the US.

I like Spanky

Mark Twain
Ernest Hemingway
Stephen King
Robert Frost

Potato chips, Peanuts, Crackers

BLT with a small bowl of soup.

I would like more LED lights around the house, most of them are changed out already and work out very well.

In my wallet

Last edited by AksarbeN; 09-07-2017 at 10:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics