Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 12:15 PM

3,097 posts, read 1,705,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday October 2, 2016. As a Libra born on October 2nd, you are well-known for your cleverness, imagination and diplomacy. While others prefer to stick to themselves, you find the most excitement in a social setting. You love applying your creativity and imagination into unique observations and witty remarks. You share birthdays with Sting and Kelly Rippa today.
(I'm in time constraints as we're packin' to go to Wisconsin today and visit some cheesy relatives. Will be in ww's stompin' grounds around Chilton, WI)

Misc. Questionable Questions:

1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level? "Heat" has not been a problem here in PNW. In fact, I'm dreading the cool down!

2- Do you use post-it's at home or work? Yes.

3- When was the last time you ironed anything? Last week, and will do some possibly today. Hate it.

4- Have you ever glued a coin to the sidewalk and watched people try to pick it up? LOL!! No.
4a- Have you tried to pick one up, a coin, and were fooled? Nope.

5- What was the last junk food you ate? A Butterfingers last night.

6- Have you ever tasted a dog milk bone?

7- When was the last time you changed a kids diaper? Probably 37 years ago.

8- What was the last cereal you've eaten? Frosted Flakes
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal? Nope

9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts? Yes - I've experienced it.

10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO? Very open to the possibility.

11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land? Yes but not for long periods. It gets boring.

Fill in the blanks:

If I could retire I would do it right NOW.

My highlighter is green.

Color me magenta.

Joy is dancing in the streets.

Party 'till you drop.

Chocolate Cake

Mikey's pun time: His new car... Good one.

Well that's it for this Sunday folks. Hope you enjoyed the fun, the puns, the wack-e-nest from the approval of the law firm of "Winestein, Beerstein and Frankenstein" attorneys of outlaws.

Enjoy your day and
Enjoy your day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 01:40 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,969,964 times

1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level?yes and I am very thankful for that.

2- Do you use post-it's at home or work?no

3- When was the last time you ironed anything?hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

4- Have you ever glued a coin to the sidewalk and watched people try to pick it up?Can't say that I have
4a- Have you tried to pick one up, a coin, and were fooled?no

5- What was the last junk food you ate?Just got off work and enjoyed some french fries with nacho cheese sauce

6- Have you ever tasted a dog milk bone?no

7- When was the last time you changed a kids diaper?2001

8- What was the last cereal you've eaten?I don't eat cereal
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal?

9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts?yes. i had an angel reading done last year and It was spot on. I also believe that my house is haunted.

10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO?Yes we saw a UFO in Arizona back in 1995. it was the craziest thing I had ever seen up to that point.

11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land?yes

Fill in the blanks:

If I could __quit my job__________________I would____spend my days kayaking all over the USA and hiking the AT and PCT___________________

My _________toothbrush________________is green.

Color me ________impressed____________

Joy____of cooking_____________________

Party ____all the time___________________

Chocolate ____is disgusting_______________

Old 10-02-2016, 02:31 PM

7,363 posts, read 2,759,880 times

1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level? Nights and mornings are cooling off. A/C is still running during the day.

2- Do you use post-it's at home or work? I do use them once in awhile here at home. They were definitely used a lot at work.

3- When was the last time you ironed anything? A couple of months ago. I have a couple of blouses that need to be ironed. I don't wear them often.

4- Have you ever glued a coin to the sidewalk and watched people try to pick it up? No
4a- Have you tried to pick one up, a coin, and were fooled? Not that I remember

5- What was the last junk food you ate? A green chile cheese burger.

6- Have you ever tasted a dog milk bone? I don't remember it, but my mother says I did when I was little.

7- When was the last time you changed a kids diaper? About three years ago

8- What was the last cereal you've eaten? Cheerios
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal? Blueberries

9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts? Not really

10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO? Believe in, yes. Seen one, no.

11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land? Yes

Fill in the blanks:

If I could turn back time____I would_do some things differently.

My ___lawn________________is green.

Color me ___blue_________________

Joy___to the world______________________

Party ___favor____________________

Chocolate __chip cookie_________________

Thanks wit-nit. Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Wisconsin. Happy Sunday to all of you.

Old 10-02-2016, 03:27 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,455,825 times

1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level? For the most part although I have an AC going today.

2- Do you use post-it's at home or work? I used to use them at work but not since.

3- When was the last time you ironed anything? Can't remember.

4- Have you ever glued a coin to the sidewalk and watched people try to pick it up? Nope.
4a- Have you tried to pick one up, a coin, and were fooled? Nope.

5- What was the last junk food you ate? A subway last week. Is that junk food?

6- Have you ever tasted a dog milk bone? Nope.

7- When was the last time you changed a kids diaper? About 13 years ago for my grandson.

8- What was the last cereal you've eaten? Raisin Brand.
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal? Nope.

9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts? I believe in the Holy Ghost. The rest I don't pay much attention to.

10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO? I lived at Clovis, NM in the summer of 1975 when the town went through several UFO events and I was at a business meeting in Phoenix on the evening of March 13, 1997, when the infamous triangular lights appeared over the city. Additionally, I've been to the UFO Museum at Roswell, NM twice and have met and spoken briefly with Glenn Dennis, the mortician who supposedly was asked by the military about the availability of children's coffins in 1947 after the supposed UFO crash.

Do I believe in UFOs? I do believe that some flying things go unidentified and are therefore UFOs. I have no reason to believe they are extraterrestrial.

11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land? I suppose so. As a Air force crew chief working primarily on the flight line many years ago, I watched hundreds of Air Force jets take off and land. One F-86 lost its front landing gear on landing and slid off the runway very nearly hitting our Step Metro Van as we waited to cross the runway.

I've also watched a lot of small agricultural spray aircraft take off on dirt runways while working with certain Federal national pest treatment programs. During treatments for boll weevil one summer, one of the spray planes crashed right in front of me when he hit a wet spot on the runway and lost his airspeed. He then came off the end of the runway too slow and clipped the tops of a few mesquite trees losing even more speed. Cutting right to try and regain air speed, he then flew through the roadside high lines cutting two of them with his wire cutters. He then flew low across the road into the wet crop field landing abruptly in the mud breaking a wing spar and spilling his load of malathion.

Then too, I worked in and out of the New Orleans International Airport for several years where I used to watch the commercial jets arrive and leave.

Fill in the blanks:

If I could __afford it______________I would__hire someone to mow this place._______

My ____grass still ___________is green.

Color me __ready for winter_________

Joy____ride__________________

Party __hardy_________________

Chocolate __bar______________

Thanks Wit-nit! Great questions.

Old 10-02-2016, 03:41 PM

18,530 posts, read 1,433,586 times
1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level? Yes
2- Do you use post-it's at home or work? both places
3- When was the last time you ironed anything? beginning of this year
4- Have you ever glued a coin to the sidewalk and watched people try to pick it up? No
4a- Have you tried to pick one up, a coin, and were fooled? No
5- What was the last junk food you ate? ice cream
6- Have you ever tasted a dog milk bone? Horrors, no
7- When was the last time you changed a kids diaper? No g-kids yet, so it's over 35 years ago
8- What was the last cereal you've eaten? Cheerios
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal? No
9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts? No
10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO? No, never saw one
11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land? Yes

These were fun questions, thank you wit-nit!

Old 10-02-2016, 04:49 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,944,162 times
Welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday October 2, 2016.
(I'm in time constraints as we're packin' to go to Wisconsin today and visit some cheesy relatives. Will be in ww's stompin' grounds around Chilton, WI) - Does the public library have a lot of Chilton Automotive Repair manuals?

1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level? - One way we can tell when the weather is cooling down is we a lot of northerners.. or Snow Birds, as we call them, are driving around on our streets...

2- Do you use post-it's at home or work? - Hmm.. The only Post-Its I have are the messages I Posted on City Data...

8- What was the last cereal you've eaten? - Something I heat up.. and Mikey liked it...
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal? - Nope..

9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts? - Not unless I see a ghost.. and I've never seen one.

10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO? - UFO.. I think that stands for Unidentified Fried Object.. after I tried to cook something... and I've seen plenty of them.. - I've never seen one, but my mom has. A lot of pilots have reported seeing them, so they do exist.

11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land? - Yep..

Mikey's pun time: His new car...
One day Mikey bought himself a new rear engine fancy car. He was really excited so he decided to take a buddy of his out for a spin, but after only a half mile the car suddenly broke down.
Both men got out of the car and proceeded to lift up the front hood.
"Oh wow, Mikey, yelled his friend confused, you've lost your engine".
"Oh that's no problem exclaimed Mikey, I've got a spare one in the trunk".
- LOL.. I'll have to call the dealership I bought the Lamborghini from a couple of weeks ago.. I think the missing engine is covered by the warranty..

Historical events of note for October 2...

1789 – George Washington sends proposed Constitutional amendments (The United States Bill of Rights) to the States for ratification.- Thank you for the First and Second Amendments George.
1835 – The Texas Revolution begins with the Battle of Gonzales: Mexican soldiers attempt to disarm the people of Gonzales, Texas, but encounter stiff resistance from a hastily assembled militia.- That was the purpose of the Second Amendment.
1925 – John Logie Baird performs the first test of a working television system. - I hope he didn't get any commercials during the test....
2106 - AK Mutt breaks world record of downing 19 lbs of stinky cheese in 13 minutes and 12 seconds. - LOL..

Enjoy your day and - Thank you for the questions Wit-nit, everyone enjoy the rest of Sunday. Even though there's no Sun here Today...

Old 10-02-2016, 07:15 PM

4,865 posts, read 3,680,427 times
1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level? Yes, it has been pleasant in TX

2- Do you use post-it's at home or work? Work

3- When was the last time you ironed anything? I take my stuff to my dry cleaners

4a- Have you tried to pick one up, a coin, and were fooled? No

5- What was the last junk food you ate? A twinkie, today.

6- Have you ever tasted a dog milk bone? No

7- When was the last time you changed a kids diaper? 37 years ago

8- What was the last cereal you've eaten? mini shredded wheat
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal? no

9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts? no

10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO? no

11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land? only between flights

Fill in the blanks:

If I could quit eating twinkies I would lose those extra 15 lbs.

My yard/grass is green.

Color me happy

Joy is a choice

Party to crime

Chocolate is evil

Old 10-02-2016, 10:20 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,168,464 times
1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level? Yes!

2- Do you use post-it's at home or work? I have post-it notes ALL OVER the house from Luke; who is bound & determined to turn the house into an Arcade. I have notes on the kitchen cupboards that say "Ms. Pac-Man", on the door to the basement that say "Pool Table" & on the bedroom door that say "Disco Ball" ...and many, many more!

3- When was the last time you ironed anything? Ummm ... maybe last year?

4- Have you ever glued a coin to the sidewalk and watched people try to pick it up?
4a- Have you tried to pick one up, a coin, and were fooled? ?No.

5- What was the last junk food you ate? Yuck. french fries. Yesterday.

6- Have you ever tasted a dog milk bone? Ewww! No.

7- When was the last time you changed a kids diaper? Last month.

8- What was the last cereal you've eaten? Rice Chex.
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal? Strawberry, blueberry, rasberry & bannanna.

9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts?
I believe that there is something bigger than me out there. I believe that I don't know everything. I believe that there is no human alive that knows everything. I believe that there are things that exist that my eyes can't see & my ears can't hear. I believe that we are not an accident. I believe in dimension.
I believe I am loved by something/someone I have never met.
I believe in Good. And that there cannot be Good without Evil. I believe I am protected but that I have a purpose.

10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO?

I have seen something that cannot be explained. Three times.

One would qualify as a UFO:
Middle of the day. Transparent & either cigar shaped or spherical. Only noticed it as it "tumbled" very high in the air towards the summit of Pikes Peak & you could catch brief reflections due to it's many faceted surface. Initially thought maybe it was a Weather Balloon. Until the Military jets started pacing it..

It seemed to "Toy" with them; tumbling at a high rate of speed then stopping abruptly. Checked on weather balloon flight patterns & wind shear has made it impossible for weather balloons to crest Pikes Peak. It is also notoriously dangerous airspace for planes too, unless flying at very high elevation. These military fighter planes simply could not reach it although they tried for almost 2 hours.
This was in May of 2015, in Colorado Springs, CO.

The other:
Seen in the middle of the night during a full moon in October of 2006. In Colorado Spring,CO. Less than 1 mile from the Garden of The Gods; an ancient Native American site used for the Pow-Wow's of the nomadic tribes.

What I saw was very much alive but thought to have gone extinct thousands of years ago.

It was very much "Flying" ...Or rather, it went into flight right above my head. As the percussion of it's wings knocked me backwards I'm pretty sure I could "Identify" it. It had been perched on my roof before I burst out my front door & startled it.

And it wasn't an "Object". It was a bird with the shillouhette of a vulture & a 20ft + wingspan.

The shreik the creature let out as it's wings "thundered" overhead was almost unearthly. Like a raspy croak ...

I so much wish that one day I could talk about "him" to someone who would care about him as much as I now do. I feel like there is a message; a responsibility ...Any Native American's reading this?

Your Thunderbird is still here; he has survived what & "who" happened to North America. And so can you.

Also: Once in January, 2007 & also in Colorado Springs CO:
A "Fireball ". An actual phenomenon of space. A huge asteroid-like ball of green flame dropping to the earth. Dissappeared before impact & also swarmed by the Military; this time with Helicopters. VERY dramatic looking; I thought we were all doomed. All the other drivers going south on Chestnut street & I that night slammed on our brakes at the same time.

11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land? Yes.

Fill in the blanks:

If I could _convince somebody to take me & Luke to the Ocean____I would_Do anything they asked. Not. Scared.___

My __Fireball?_____is green.

Color me _Yours_________

Joy_full_____________

Party _Girl_____

Chocolate __everything____

Old 10-03-2016, 08:30 PM

44,723 posts, read 61,957,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday October 2, 2016. As a Libra born on October 2nd, you are well-known for your cleverness, imagination and diplomacy. While others prefer to stick to themselves, you find the most excitement in a social setting. You love applying your creativity and imagination into unique observations and witty remarks. You share birthdays with Sting and Kelly Rippa today.
(I'm in time constraints as we're packin' to go to Wisconsin today and visit some cheesy relatives. Will be in ww's stompin' grounds around Chilton, WI)

1- Is your weather starting to cool down to a comfortable level? Sorta, just arrived in WI and it's 79/49

2- Do you use post-it's at home or work? Home, no work anymore.

3- When was the last time you ironed anything? 40+ years ago the kids, did use a tire iron last year.

4- Have you ever glued a coin to the sidewalk and watched people try to pick it up? Yes as a kid.
4a- Have you tried to pick one up, a coin, and were fooled? Several times.

5- What was the last junk food you ate? McD's burger.

6- Have you ever tasted a dog milk bone? As a kid, yucky dry.

7- When was the last time you changed a kids diaper? Over 40 years.

8- What was the last cereal you've eaten? Chex
8a- Did you put some fruit on that cereal? Strawberries.

9- Do you believe in psychics/supernatural/ghosts? We have one that come's daily at 10pm, parades down the hallway.

10- Do you believe in or have seen a UFO? I didn't see the unidentified object that hit me in the back of the head.

11- Have you ever sat in an airport watching planes take off/land? Many times.

Fill in the blanks:

If I could grow wings I would fly around the world.

My envy is green.

Color me with paint.

Joy was one of my girl friends.

Party like never before.

Chocolate is good for what ails you.

Mikey's pun time: His new car...
One day Mikey bought himself a new rear engine fancy car. He was really excited so he decided to take a buddy of his out for a spin, but after only a half mile the car suddenly broke down.
Both men got out of the car and proceeded to lift up the front hood.
"Oh wow, Mikey, yelled his friend confused, you've lost your engine".
"Oh that's no problem exclaimed Mikey, I've got a spare one in the trunk".

Quotable quote of the moment:
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. Albert Einstein

Historical events of note for October 2...
0829 – Theophilos succeeds his father Michael II as Byzantine Emperor.
1552 – Conquest of Kazan by Ivan the Terrible.
1789 – George Washington sends proposed Constitutional amendments (The United States Bill of Rights) to the States for ratification.
1835 – The Texas Revolution begins with the Battle of Gonzales: Mexican soldiers attempt to disarm the people of Gonzales, Texas, but encounter stiff resistance from a hastily assembled militia.
1889 – In Colorado, Nicholas Creede strikes it rich in silver during the last great silver boom of the American Old West.
1925 – John Logie Baird performs the first test of a working television system.
1950 – Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz is first published.
1959 – The anthology series The Twilight Zone premieres on CBS television.
1967 – Thurgood Marshall is sworn in as the first African-American justice of United States Supreme Court.
1996 – The Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendments are signed by U.S. President Bill Clinton.
2106 - AK Mutt breaks world record of downing 19 lbs of stinky cheese in 13 minutes and 12 seconds.

Well that's it for this Sunday folks. Hope you enjoyed the fun, the puns, the wack-e-nest from the approval of the law firm of "Winestein, Beerstein and Frankenstein" attorneys of outlaws.

Enjoy your day and
Thanks to all the good answers by all you participants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics