Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 10:41 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times

Advertisements

When you go on a trip, once you get to the destination, which belongings do you unpack first ?
Haven't traveled in probably over 8 years, but when I did, I unpacked everything at the same time; I like to feel as much at home as I can when away. . . guess you can tell I'm not the Happy Wanderer. ha!

When you arrive back home from a trip, what items do you unpack first ?
Everything gets dumped out on the bed and put away asap.

Extra Credit:
What do you use for carrying items while traveling: luggage, a knapsack/backpack, duffel bag, or something else ?

Bonus:
Does your car have a parking permit (allowing you access to restricted lots/spaces)-
or an "E-Z pass"/similar kind of transponder (for highway tolls) ? Nada

Just for Fun:
Do you know of any (official, operated by local tourism organizations) visitors/welcome centers near you ?
Yes, there are several since I live in a 'metro area' consisting of numerous towns all run together

Thanks for posting! And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 11:03 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,325 times
Happy Monday December 18, everybody-and welcome to QOTD

Today’s Question:
When you go on a trip, once you get to the destination, which belongings do you unpack first ?..........I hang up jeans and shirts.
When you arrive back home from a trip, what items do you unpack first ?.................Flat iron and hair supplies.

Extra Credit:
What do you use for carrying items while traveling: luggage, a knapsack/backpack, duffel bag, or something else ?..............All of the above depending on how lengthy the trip is.

Bonus:
Does your car have a parking permit (allowing you access to restricted lots/spaces)-
or an "E-Z pass"/similar kind of transponder (for highway tolls) ?.......No to both questions.

Just for Fun:
Do you know of any (official, operated by local tourism organizations) visitors/welcome centers near you ?
........Yes, it's not needed there is no tourism in my area.
Today in History:
1943: Birth of musician & songwriter Keith Richards (The Rolling Stones)
1954: Birth of actor Ray Liotta (Goodfellas)
1958: Launch of world’s first communication satellite, Project SCORE (Signal Communications by Orbiting Relay Equipment)
1966: Epimetheus, a moon of Saturn, discovered by Richard Walker
1968: Birth of actress Rachel Griffiths (Six Feet Under)

Today’s Word:
sylvan /ˈsilvən/ (adj.): Related to wood or associated with woods-a rural or pastoral scene, such as a grove of trees.

Today Is:
UN Arabic Language Day
International Migrants Day

-this week is-
Gluten-Free Baking Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at upper middle left & upper center right-

Thought for the Day:
"Difficulty is always a school, though learning is optional."

-Rebecca Solnit

Wishing you a day in which you feel cool, calm, and collected despite the stresses of this holiday season.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:14 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Today’s Question:
When you go on a trip, once you get to the destination, which belongings do you unpack first ? I haven't traveled over a few days recently and that's only been between our homes. Normally I just live out of my suitcase or wear clothes I have in both places.
When you arrive back home from a trip, what items do you unpack first ? Dirty clothes.

Extra Credit:
What do you use for carrying items while traveling: luggage, a knapsack/backpack, duffel bag, or something else ?

Bonus:
or an "E-Z pass"/similar kind of transponder (for highway tolls) ? Not since I left New Orleans where I had an agency window plaque that I could use to park for free in one of four spaces in the French Quarter outside our office building there. However, here I had to I arrive before the other 20 or so co-workers did.

Just for Fun:
Do you know of any (official, operated by local tourism organizations) visitors/welcome centers near you ? Only in Lubbock about 40 miles away.

Thank you Cloven.

Prayers for the families impacted by the Amtrak crash this morning in Washington state.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:15 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Today’s Question:
When you go on a trip, once you get to the destination, which belongings do you unpack first ?
Whatever went into the suitcase last.

Usually a bag of dirty clothes.

Extra Credit:
A smaller version of the above suitcase.

Bonus:
or an "E-Z pass"/similar kind of transponder (for highway tolls) ?
Nopie.

Just for Fun:
No, we are a pass thru town.

Thanx for the tripy Q's Cloven.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:28 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,963 times
Afternoon all!

Today’s Question:
Whatever I'm going to sleep in.
Laundry.

Extra Credit:
A backpack or duffel sort of bag. Luggage only if absolutely necessary.

Bonus:
I am ordained, so I have a sign I can place on the dashboard to indicate I am on official business, which allows me to park in "Clergy only" spaces. As I am still able to walk reasonably well, and in fact enjoy it, I have not yet used the sign.
I also have a toll pass.

Just for Fun:
They just put a new one in near me just a few years ago. It is quite nice.

Today in History:
1943: Birth of musician & songwriter Keith Richards (The Rolling Stones) Who'da thunk he'd have outlived Davy Jones and Michael Jackson?
1954: Birth of actor Ray Liotta (Goodfellas)
1958: Launch of world’s first communication satellite, Project SCORE (Signal Communications by Orbiting Relay Equipment)
1966: Epimetheus, a moon of Saturn, discovered by Richard Walker
1968: Birth of actress Rachel Griffiths (Six Feet Under)

Today’s Word:
sylvan /ˈsilvən/ (adj.): Related to wood or associated with woods-a rural or pastoral scene, such as a grove of trees.

Today Is:
UN Arabic Language Day
International Migrants Day
-this week is-
Gluten-Free Baking Week I don't need it, but I am very glad it is there for those who do.

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at upper middle left & upper center right-
Awesome! Thanx.

Thought for the Day:
"Difficulty is always a school, though learning is optional."
-Rebecca Solnit

Wishing you a day in which you feel cool, calm, and collected despite the stresses of this holiday season.
Right back at cha cloven. Thanx for the Qs and the maze.
Have a fine Monday everyone!

Old 12-18-2017, 01:38 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
When you arrive back home from a trip, what items do you unpack first ? The suitcases come in first, then the "loose" items. Then the suitcases are opened and anything needing hanging goes on a hanger. Same on the return, except most clothes goes in the hamper to be washed.

Extra Credit:
What do you use for carrying items while traveling: luggage, a knapsack/backpack, duffel bag, or something else ? Luggage for clothes, backpack for other items.

Bonus:
or an "E-Z pass"/similar kind of transponder (for highway tolls) ? My work parking garage is an access card to open the gate, no sticker. I do have a transponder for bridge tolls.

Just for Fun:
Do you know of any (official, operated by local tourism organizations) visitors/welcome centers near you ? No

Old 12-18-2017, 03:25 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,372,282 times
Today’s Question:
Perishables, delicates, hairbrush/comb, vitamins & medications.
Dirty laundry, straight to the hamper it goes.

Extra Credit:
Tote bags, bc. I don't much travel-and if so, only by car-
the bags are cheap, lightweight, and fold up when not in use.
Have no space for (storing) proper luggage.

Bonus:
No car/can't drive, bf has one (which rattles & makes horrible buzzing/vibrating noise)

Just for Fun:
Yes, in Bennington, VT (which I only just visited for first time a few wks. ago,
bc. building is surprisingly difficult to reach, involves spiraling through many confusing turns
Also, there's one near Mass./VT. border off I-91, though haven't been there in a long time.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:38 PM

7,336 posts, read 2,743,364 times
Today’s Question:
Generally I unpack the dogs supplies first, then my toiletries and meds.

When you arrive back home from a trip, what items do you unpack first ? Pretty much the same as when I arrive at the destination.

Extra Credit:
What do you use for carrying items while traveling: luggage, a knapsack/backpack, duffel bag, or something else ? I have a small duffel that carries a surprising amount of things as well as a small toiletries bag. I also have a suitcase that I will use for longer trips.

Bonus:
or an "E-Z pass"/similar kind of transponder (for highway tolls) ? None of those are needed here.

Just for Fun:
Do you know of any (official, operated by local tourism organizations) visitors/welcome centers near you ? Yes, I do.

Thanks cloven for the questions. May you all have a good evening.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:51 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Today’s Question:
When you go on a trip, once you get to the destination, which belongings do you unpack first ? Clothes, toiletries.
When you arrive back home from a trip, what items do you unpack first ? Beer, cheese, peanuts, etc. sit and unwind.

Extra Credit:
What do you use for carrying items while traveling: luggage, a knapsack/backpack, duffel bag, or something else ? Paper sack, plastic bags, luggage bag, etui.

Bonus:
or an "E-Z pass"/similar kind of transponder (for highway tolls) ? Only have a handicap placard.

Just for Fun:
Do you know of any (official, operated by local tourism organizations) visitors/welcome centers near you ? Generally it's me, people see me outside and stop and ask for directions or information. Our retirement community has a welcome center about 2 miles from me.
cloven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics