Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2018, 11:31 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I'm so old I remember -
When companies sold pet rocks to people. Yep you could buy your own pet rock and ???? who the h knows what to do with it.
I still have pet rocks, "Stoner" and "Pebbles' guarding our rock garden. They live such a carefree life and so easy to care for, So far no rocks or pebbles have been stolen or disappeared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 12:10 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Oh Boy, honey bucket parade from my days in Japan and Korea.
A source was from our latrine in our Japanese Kamakaze barracks....( Camp Wittington.
On a previous post a person mentioned to me the camp was named after his Uncle from from WW 11.....small world.
Korea? The DC idiots didn't even give you decent winter clothing. Some guys froze to death. I know that you know that, but not everyone does.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:17 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I'm so old I remember -
When companies sold pet rocks to people. Yep you could buy your own pet rock and ???? who the h knows what to do with it.
My brother bought one. He's always been...different.

Old 12-08-2018, 01:10 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
The pet rocks remind me of Cabbage Patch dolls. Boy, they were ugly!

Old 12-08-2018, 12:09 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
For those who do not know what "Honey Bucket Parade"is...a small lesson.

My time was 1951 in Japan and 1952 in North Korea.

Both countries used human waste as a fertilizer. At our barracks the toilets(sans running water) faced the outer wall and doors opened upwards allowing farmers with long handles and scoops on the end loading into lge barrells on the sides of wagons pulled by Oxen.

Some may recall seeing movies from then or Nam with those Oxen.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Since those days I never buy any canned item with the contents labeled "Product of ******" area country.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:44 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Using a playing card held in place by a clothespin on my bike to make it sound like an engine.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:11 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
I remember starting a car with a dead battery by putting the car in neutral, depressing the clutch and then the guys would get out and push the car. When the car was rolling good, let out the clutch and press on the accelerator and the car would start. Gun the motor a little while everyone jumped back into the car, put it in gear and take off. Anyone else remember doing this?

Old 01-01-2019, 09:37 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
I remember starting a car with a dead battery by putting the car in neutral, depressing the clutch and then the guys would get out and push the car. When the car was rolling good, let out the clutch and press on the accelerator and the car would start. Gun the motor a little while everyone jumped back into the car, put it in gear and take off. Anyone else remember doing this?
I remember having to do that in years past. I'll always buy a house on or near the top of a hill. LOL

Old 01-01-2019, 10:14 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Actually the battery was not completly dead but low to the point not enough voltage to turn the starter based on fighting compression. Battery had enough voltage to your distributor points.
Once engine fires up the GEN took over recharging the battery...old school.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Yep, remember those days. I had a lot of friends that liked to ride with me so I always had someone to push the car while I popped the clutch. Sometimes though I had to run along the drivers side with the door open and jump in and pop the clutch. Oh those good ol' days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics