Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:50 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:

You have to reach another distant city by the end of the day. You can pick any one of the types of travel without having any issues with time. How do you travel?
1 - Go by commercial plane ____
2 - Take a bus ride _____
3 - Drive on you own _____
And why did you pick the mode of travel? _______

Drive, I can control when I leave, stop and the route I take plus I need my car with me for all of my camera stuff. Refuse to fly and now couldn't, even if I wanted to. Can't sit on a bus or plane these days because of leg issues.

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? banana nut

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are?

Depends where it is and how long my commute would be for living in the suburbs. Won't live in a city.

* You can’t complete a job task the boss assigned to you and the day is almost over, do you:
Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you?
Finish the job.

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything?

Beat him/her up in the parking lot/garage when they go home that night.

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting? Assuming police are already on the scene, keep driving. Call it in later.

*If you were reincarnated and could remember your past life, who would you have been and what did they do? No idea.

Yeah it’s that time of year again for a number of us.
• Income Tax Time:

• Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late?
Always on time. I would have lost my job if I didn't.

• Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? Me. It takes 20 minutes.

• Do you use the long itemized form or a short one? short

• How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? You will have to unless you file electronically. Hopefully, it's sent to the IRS in an envelope since you do not want your bank account info or your SS number with name and address on a postcard that everyone can see.

• Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? Why would I do that? Even if I did, I would lose my pension.

• Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? refund

• Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? People who don't itemize are rarely audited. Instead, they are "caught" in matching programs from 3rd party documents.

Extra Credit Questions:

• What annoys you more about the news?
The bias.

•Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch is pet dog? Nobody walks on the street here. I could not catch a dog (or for that matter, a little old lady ).

•Would you tell an employee they're doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? Not my business to do either.

•You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? TV. I want to say "Internet" but too many news websites are subscription only to read content. Radio is out because no visuals. Newspapers? What's that?

•Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? It would be much more likely that I couldn't do it and what's the matter with the da*n kids these days that earning money by shoveling sidewalks and cleaning snow off a car is beneath their lazy butts.

•The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it? Who can eat one cookie? I'd let someone else have it.

Good job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 03:56 AM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Today’s Questions:

You have to reach another distant city by the end of the day. You can pick any one of the types of travel without having any issues with time. How do you travel?
And why did you pick the mode of travel?
#3 because I'd rather not deal with the TSA. As stated before I've had some problems with them. Apparently I look like a terrorist to some of those very rude and unprofessional employees.

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? - To play along only - chocolate is my favorite.

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are? - Take it because I am very unhappy where I am. I'm very interested in relocating somewhere else.

* You can’t complete a job task the boss assigned to you and the day is almost over, do you:
Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you?
- My boss is a micro-manager (and the "b" word which I'm not allowed to use here) and is the main reason why I want to leave.
I won't be presented with a choice like this.

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything? - I would say something. I wouldn't put up with dishonesty and have clashed with my current boss over her lying to me.

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting? - I would likely stay or I would leave my info so they can get in contact with me.

*If you were reincarnated and could remember your past life, who would you have been and what did they do?

Income Tax Time:
Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late?
- Depends but it gets done...
Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? - I do my own
Do you use the long itemized form or a short one? - Short
How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? - Heard about and may look into it.
Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? - Ha, however leaving does interest me. Depends where.
Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? - Small refund
Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? - No

Extra Credit Questions:

What annoys you more about the news?
- Right-wing bias

Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch is pet dog? - Former, yes, latter maybe.

Would you tell an employee their doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? - No.

You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? - Internet

Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? - Maybe...

The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it? - Depends on the cookie, ha, ha.

Thanks, AksarbeN. Nice debut!
Happy Saturday to all!

Last edited by John13; 01-20-2018 at 04:24 AM..

Old 01-20-2018, 06:24 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
Today’s Questions: Saturday 20 January 2018

Today’s Questions:

And why did you pick the mode of travel? _______Because I have a better chance of arriving safely and on time. Besides, once there I will need a car to get around.

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? _________Either a corn or blueberry muffin.

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are?_________It depends what city!

Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you? I'd stay the extra two hours.

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything? Speak up!

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting? I'd stay and give a report.

*If you were reincarnated and could remember your past life, who would you have been and what did they do?
I'll get back to ya on this question....maybe.

Income Tax Time:[*] Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late? Early[*] Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? Do my own[*] Do you use the long itemized form or a short one? Short[*] How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? No[*] Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? No[*] Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? Refund[*] Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? A long time ago

Extra Credit Questions:

[*] What annoys you more about the news?____That they always report depressing stuff!______________[*]Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch is pet dog? ______Both![*]Would you tell an employee their doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? ____________Neither. It's not my place to say anything.[*]You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? _____________Probably the internet so I can check multiple websites and then come to adecision of what is the 'real' story.[*]Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? ___________I have done this in the past but can't now because of a health issue.[*]The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it? __________ Someone else could have it.

Today’s Quote:
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Today’s Funny Definition:
Sastruga
This word sastruga (sastrugi in the plural form) means "ridges of snow formed on a snowfield by the action of the wind." It's beautiful in an open field, and a different kind of awe-inspiring in the parking lot you're supposed to plow.

This isn't a picture of Phoenix today.............
Picture of the day:
Path Through Polar Vortex by Frank J. Casella, on Flickr[/quote]

Good job, AksarbeN!

Old 01-20-2018, 06:57 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
1 - Go by commercial plane ____Too much hassle although there is a great deal from FL to NY for less than $100. round trip. I would consider that if I could get the deal.
3 - Drive on you own _____My favorite.
And why did you pick the mode of travel? _______With the van I have a bathroom, a kitchen and a bed. It;s the way to travel.

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? _________Cranberry orange

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are?_________Too many variables. I like where I am now but won't like it in the summer, lol.

Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you? I would stay longer and get it done.

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything? I would speak up...probably why I don't like working for others, lol.

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting? I would stay only if they needed me. Today I find there are so many witnesses, cameras and gawkers that the police really don't need most of us around.

• Income Tax Time:
  • Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late? Always on time
  • Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? Nah...we dump into our accountant's lap, lol.
  • Do you use the long itemized form or a short one? Itemized
  • How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? Haven't heard of it.
  • Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? I would prefer to until the gov't learns how to budget and not waste the money I send them
  • Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? Always have to pay.
  • Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? I am not jinxing myself
Extra Credit Questions:

• What annoys you more about the news?____What news? All I ever hear is speculation, exaggeration, and lies.______________
  • Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch is pet dog? Both...I would tell the old lady to wait until I got the pet.
  • Would you tell an employee their doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? It depends if I thought I could help the employee and how much I liked them.
  • You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? Internet as I can check the sources
  • Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? ____Sure_______
  • The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it? Let someone else have it

Today’s Quote:
― Mahatma Gandhi

Happy Saturday!!!

Old 01-20-2018, 07:15 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
Today’s Questions:

1 - Go by commercial plane If I could fly in a small private plane, I'd choose that.
3 - Drive on you own ****
And why did you pick the mode of travel? I like driving, watching scenery along the way.

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? This morning I'll have a blueberry muffin.

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are? First, if I have to move to a city then I'm not going. If younger, had no family or strong ties to where I lived, then I might look into it. There would need to be other advantages than a promotion and pay increase though.

Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you? Spend the time to complete the job. Being a teacher, I bring paperwork home every night and most weekends. Two additional hours to finish a job is nothing.

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything? If the manager is doing her/his job then I wouldn't need to do anything.

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting? Leave contact info with police and continue on.

*If you were reincarnated and could remember your past life, who would you have been and what did they do? A victorian lady living on a family farm, just as my great grandmother did.

• Income Tax Time:
  • Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late? Early
  • Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? My daughter does them for me using TurboTax.
  • Do you use the long itemized form or a short one?
  • How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? File online
  • Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? Not me.....
  • Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? Small refund
  • Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? I don't like the word "yet."
Extra Credit Questions:

• What annoys you more about the news? Political....
  • Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch is pet dog? What a choice.... both.
  • Would you tell an employee their doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? Employee & find out why. Does s/he need support/training?
  • You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? Internet..... Check different sources
  • Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? Getting to the age where I can't either. Isn't there some kid around who would want to earn a bit?
  • The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it?

Today’s Quote:
― Mahatma Gandhi

Sastruga
This word sastruga (sastrugi in the plural form) means "ridges of snow formed on a snowfield by the action of the wind." It's beautiful in an open field, and a different kind of awe-inspiring in the parking lot you're supposed to plow.

Picture of the day:
Path Through Polar Vortex by Frank J. Casella, on Flickr Thanks, AKS! Enjoy your day, all!

Old 01-20-2018, 08:01 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
[quote=AksarbeN;50756352]

Today’s Questions:

1 - Go by commercial plane <--------
And why did you pick the mode of travel? === Quickest and easiest for long-distance travel.

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? === Banana-nut thanks.

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are? === Remain. I like being retired!

Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you? === Stay and finish.

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything? === Wow -- can't remember dealing with something like this. I think I'd leave. I did have a boss who was like this. I got tired of picking up after him and eventually quit to take another, better job.

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting? === Keep driving and call the police after the meeting.

* Income Tax Time:

Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late? === Earlyish.

Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? === Do my own.

Do you use the long itemized form or a short one? === Long form.

How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? === We'll see what Turbo Tax tells me I should use.

Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? === Nope.

Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? === Pay additional.

Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? === Not a full audit, but I did get a letter asking for additional documentation one year. Scared the bjezuz out of me.

What annoys you more about the news? Here today, gone tomorrow -- no follow-up.

Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch is pet dog? === Both.

Would you tell an employee their doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? === Depends on my relationship to the employee.

You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? === Radio.

Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? === Sure.

The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it? === Someone else can have it.

Good job aks!

Old 01-20-2018, 08:16 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times

Today’s Questions:

1 - Go by commercial plane ____ in winter only
3 - Drive on your own _____ yes in spring,summer and fall unless it is 1000 km away I would choose to go on a plane
And why did you pick the mode of travel? _______ pending on the season and distance

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? _________ Bran muffin

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are?_________
If it is an amazing offer I would move

Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you? I would always finish my job

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything? Eventually I would talk to someone to clear things up

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting?

*If you were reincarnated and could remember your past life, who would you have been and what did they do? I probably would be an alpine Ibex/Steinbock and you could find me trekking through the alpine regions.

Income Tax Time:
Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late? It is always done on time
Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? An accountant
Do you use the long itemized form or a short one? He does it now online a few pages long but I know it is different from the way you all do it...sorry can't explain it
How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? I don't know what you mean
Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? No
Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? Usually a bit of a refund
Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? IRS is equal to our "Canada Revenue Agency "
and not yet

Extra Credit Questions:

What annoys you more about the news?__________________ News about useless killings,politics and so on
Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch is pet dog? I would love to do both,but helping a little old lady cross the street is more important for me.
Would you tell an employee their doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? I would talk to the employee to see if they need assistance
You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? Internet
Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? Absolutely !

The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it? Someone else can have it because I don't like sampling food in a store

Today’s Quote:
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” Beautiful
― Mahatma Gandhi

Sastruga

This isn't a picture of Phoenix today............. Nice
Picture of the day:
Path Through Polar Vortex by Frank J. Casella, on Flickr

Thank you AksarbeN what a great addition

Old 01-20-2018, 08:57 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
** I prefer to drive myself if time permits. I love taking small detours whenever possible. On one of my round trips from NY to Colorado, I got off the highway in Berlin, Iowa to fuel up. Turns out it has the distinction of being called The Community of Flags. Very cool, very friendly. Flags from every state and countless countries are flown. (Well, I couldn't count them!)

Plus I have an irrational fear of flying & buses, and I truly HATE the process of checking in, boarding, and being sqeezed like sardines to ride in a germ filled metal test tube.

** So many good questions, but I promised my dog some park time... so regarding the work-related Qs, I would move in a heartbeat if the price and benefits were right. Hopefully I will be able to go with my boss should he ever leave. Went from being self -employed for 8 years, loving the work but barely making the bills....to an incredibly stressful but rewarding job that pays well & has a great leader. I think we can be happy anywhere if we choose to be.

** Not sure how to answer that: someone else taking credit for a project... will be Intersting to read the responses!

Have a great weekend everyone! We are warming up to the 40's today...wooohooo!!!!

Old 01-20-2018, 09:07 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Today’s Questions:

3 - Drive on you own < This one.
And why did you pick the mode of travel? Because I had dealing with security and lines at airports, and cramped seats on airplanes.

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? Cranberry pecan.

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are? I'd stay put. There isn't enough money to get me to move and start a new position at this point in my life!

Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you? I'd spend the extra time on it. Otherwise, I'd be worried about it and would lose sleep that night.

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything? I experienced this a number of times at a previous job. I did nothing about it. Nobody likes a whiner, and the people who took credit for my work were superiors.

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting? I'd stay and give a police report and let the people at the meeting know the reason for my delay. I spent over two decades investigating accidents, so I know how important it is to have good witness statements.

*If you were reincarnated and could remember your past life, who would you have been and what did they do? I would have been an interpreter at the U.N. or some similar job which involved language translation.

• Income Tax Time:
  • Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late? Always early. I have most of my 2017 1040 completely; just waiting to receive the W-2 from my employer. I usually have my refund by the first week of February.
  • Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? I've always done my own, long form.
  • Do you use the long itemized form or a short one? Long.
  • How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? Never heard of it.
  • Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? I'm going to leave the country this spring, but not until after I've filed my tax return.
  • Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? I get a substantial refund from federal; very little from state.
  • Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? Egad, don't say "yet"! Thankfully, I've not been audited. I believe all my paperwork is in good order and it wouldn't be all that bad, but I think it would be very stressful anyway.
Extra Credit Questions:
  • What annoys you more about the news? I live near Chicago, and the constant reports of gang violence and people getting carjacked and mugged are very disturbing.
  • Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch his pet dog? I'd do both if I could.
  • Would you tell an employee their doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? Both.
  • You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? For local news, TV. For world news, the Wall Street Journal.
  • Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? Yes. I've done that several times.
  • The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it? I'd let someone else have it.
Today’s Quote:
― Mahatma Gandhi

Sastruga
This word sastruga (sastrugi in the plural form) means "ridges of snow formed on a snowfield by the action of the wind." It's beautiful in an open field, and a different kind of awe-inspiring in the parking lot you're supposed to plow. Beautiful, indeed. I love snow!

Great Q's today! Happy weekend everybody!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-20-2018 at 09:19 AM..

Old 01-20-2018, 09:08 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,766,221 times

Today’s Questions:

3 - Drive on you own _____My choice
And why did you pick the mode of travel? _______I like to pick my pace and control my own space.

* You have a choice of having only a muffin this morning because you are running late. What type of muffin would you want to enjoy? _________Apple cinnamon

* Your employer has offered you a chance for a promotion and a big pay increase, however you have to move to another city. Would you take the job or remain where you are?_________I would take the position.

Spend two additional hours to complete the job or do you go home and return the next day knowing the boss won't be happy with you? I would stay and complete the task.

* The manager at the office is very happy with your work group and the final project. However another employee continues to take all the credit for the improvements and ideas on the project. What do you feel you should do if anything?
The truth will eventually come out.

* You’re running late for an important meeting cross town but you can make it if there are no other delays. However you witness an accident while on the way there. Do you stay and give a police report of what you saw or do you continue on driving to meeting? Depends on the severity of the accident.

No clue

Income Tax Time:
Do you prepare your tax early & on time or late? Early
Do you prepare your own taxes or have someone do it for you? Pay a professional
Do you use the long itemized form or a short one? Short form this year
How about the “new” postcard tax return form – will you use it? No
Are you going to leave the country and not file an income tax? No
Do you normally get a refund back or pay additional into the IRS? usually a refund
Have you ever had an IRS audit yet? Yes, in the early 70's. Auditor came to the house, stayed 5 hours and at the end of the day said "I don't know how you live on this amount."
Extra Credit Questions:

What annoys you more about the news?__________________Only report the sensational and it is all biased.
Would you help a little old lady cross a street or would you help a little child catch is pet dog? ________________Both
Would you tell an employee their doing a poor job, or would you tell their boss? _____Employee first with offer to help him improve. The boss will see the poor work without me telling them.
You can only get the news from one source: radio, tv, newspaper or internet? _____No good choice
Would you shovel the snow off your neighbor’s sidewalk if they couldn’t do it? ___________Yes
The store has cookies on sale and there’s only one sample cookie left: would you take it before another customer gets it or let someone else have it? __________I would leave it. You never know what kind of germs ore on the sample.

Today’s Quote:
― Mahatma Gandhi

Sastruga

Picture of the day:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics