Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 12:05 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Other day mentioned about buying a laptop and since then thought to get a larger cell phone..sm letters hard to read and retype my mistakes.
So I go to your friendly best buy store

No line in front with the HOT sun.
Women at front door asks what I am there for and do I have an appt

My laptop and no ooappt went nowhere.
So I am waiting and waiting WTH!
Some people showed up and were directed around the bldg corner.
One guy shows up and puts on the mask while answering her questions and he is not happy tearing off the mask looking PO
Oh well, such is life with no nu laptop or phone in hand.
Nice part is money still in my pocket...BAD news for them.
S
I'm sorry you had to go through that, Steve. I need a new phone, too. The old iPhone 5s is starting to look ridiculously small, and when people see me using it I feel like a dinosaur!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 09:09 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
^^^ {{{ "dinosaur"}}} I keep having to ask people if there is a phone booth nearby? LOL

Old 06-13-2020, 11:30 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Not really a complaint but I got confirmation on information that I had already thought was true but didn't have solid evidence. I now do. When I first heard this info it completely destroyed my world back in August of 2019. Now that I heard it last week-it still stung but not as bad.

All I can say is Karma. It has to come back around for me in this case. I don't normally wish for bad things on people but in this case I'm making an exception

Old 06-14-2020, 12:51 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
For being a drunk the man sure ran good on Fri night.
He was asleep behind the wheel while one report I heard was that he was on the passenger side...which is correct ?
Regardless the cops created a mountain out of a molehill.

Now days it is a crime to being drunk.
He was not seen driving but only sitting in the car.
If I am drunk and sit in my car outside my house am I DUI ?
This man pulled over and went to sleep...that much credit for him while the cops esculated a situation.

This country has too many laws while other countries let things pass saving lives.

Our own states disagree with many laws and issues.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:47 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
I am having issues with receiving multiple spoofed robo calls for auto repair warranty, they don’t give their company name and all calls have spoofed caller ID names & numbers. I can’t block or reject their calls for that reason of “ID spoofed”. I have reported this to the FCC and I’m on the Do Not Call list as well.

I contact CenturyLink about my landline number and they don't want to deal with the issue. It's the worst business practices I've seen over the last several years. I remember how companies would bend-over backwards to help their customer.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:12 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I am having issues with receiving multiple spoofed robo calls for auto repair warranty, they don’t give their company name and all calls have spoofed caller ID names & numbers. I can’t block or reject their calls for that reason of “ID spoofed”. I have reported this to the FCC and I’m on the Do Not Call list as well.

I contact CenturyLink about my landline number and they don't want to deal with the issue. It's the worst business practices I've seen over the last several years. I remember how companies would bend-over backwards to help their customer.
Those auto warranty calls are the worst. We've gotten a ton of those. We also get calls in Mandarin. They're from scammers who are preying on Chinese immigrants. The caller pretends to be the Chinese Embassy. They claim that you have been accused of money laundering but that the charges will be dropped if you transfer money to a bank in Hong Kong. I've gotten dozens of those on my cell phone. It's so annoying.

Even making a call can be annoying. Yesterday I wanted to ask my doctor's office a question, but I knew that if I called the office number, it would go to a recording from the health plan that gives you a long menu of options that you have to listen to first. Then after you make a choice, you have to listen to music on hold. When someone finally answers, it's not even someone from your doctor's office; it's someone from the health plan's call center.

There's a website where you can send messages directly to your "care team," but you can't just write a message. First you have to select what type of issue you have from a menu of different options (insurance questions, refill a prescription, make an appointment, etc.) It so happened that none of the selections matched what I wanted to ask. I finally just gave up.

I really miss the days when you could just pick up the phone, dial a number and talk to a human being. My old doctor used to answer the phone himself when his assistant was busy. Imagine that! These days, it's almost as if companies go out of their way to avoid having to talk to their customers.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 06-16-2020 at 12:48 AM..

Old 06-16-2020, 03:09 AM

6,372 posts, read 4,985,124 times
Everything is painful. Physically and emotionally

Old 06-16-2020, 09:08 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Gee thanks Apple - only out for yourselves money grubbers. Yes, I have a very old iPad. Ipad2. While trying to watch a YouTube video kept saying I need to make an update. Wouldn’t let me watch without updating. I bet you can guess what happened in this process. ... won’t support. I would be happy with a classic version. Don’t need all the bells and whistles of various apps, to include YouTube. Just want to comfortably watch videos without straining my eyes.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:31 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I'm starting to get the car warranty rob calls that usually show up when you gave a vehicle going out of warranty.
The warranty calls I get say "unavailable" and can be blocked.
All the FCC can do is take a report and continue to put pressure on the big3 phone companies, which they have done and they are working on it. Robo calls are seem to be down this year compared to last year.

If your phone company can't block the call maybe you phone maker can. Your next option is to use some 3rd parts help like https://www.robokiller.com or https://www.nomorobo.com

In the meantime, if you don't recognize the number, don't answer the call.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...alls-and-texts

Old 06-16-2020, 10:37 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Gee thanks Apple - only out for yourselves money grubbers. Yes, I have a very old iPad. Ipad2. While trying to watch a YouTube video kept saying I need to make an update. Wouldn’t let me watch without updating. I bet you can guess what happened in this process. ... won’t support. I would be happy with a classic version. Don’t need all the bells and whistles of various apps, to include YouTube. Just want to comfortably watch videos without straining my eyes.
Cat, copy and post a link to the video here and then see if you can watch it. Worth a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics