Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2022, 07:08 AM

9,745 posts, read 14,305,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
2011-2014 gas prices were higher and then things normalized. No reason to scream.
It's all temporary.
The US average price record high was in the summer of 2008 when it rose to $4.11.
Tell the word "temporary" to those who have to buy gas every day to go to work. Tell us that it's not that bad, because of the "average" price of gas across the United States. Tell the word "temporary" to those truck drivers who have to pay $1,000, and up to fill their tanks before they travel across our country to deliver goods to us. I'd say, all are reasons to scream. Of course, if you don't use your car much, it's "no problem".
There's some relief for us in Delaware. To help compensate, our Governor will be cutting checks for $300.00, to each person having paid their IRS taxes in the year 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 12:02 AM

23,287 posts, read 29,145,078 times
I haven't bought a new pair of glasses in the U.S. for 6 years now, I take my prescip to Mexico and they send them in the mail to me.

I just got a new eyeglass prescrip, and because I had insurance, I went to an optical place here in Tucson and had a pair made. First pair, there were streaks on both lenses, didn't notice it until I turned my head. Took them back, they agreed it had to do with the anti-glare they put on so they ordered another pair. Got the 2nd pair and still the streaks on both lenses. Eye technician was puzzled. So I had them make yet another a pair and told them to skip the anti-glare and to send them to me in the mail.

Sheesh! How frustrating!

Next time I'm 65 miles south in Nogales and I'll have extra pairs made down there, where I've never had any problems with the glasses they made for me.

Old 04-01-2022, 12:46 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,543,565 times
I just lit the owner of the fridge repair company up like a Christmas tree. I have never had such disrespectful customer service as I just did. I have a broken $3000 Kitchen aid refrigerator--just a year old today. Based on the fact that I have to deal with this company again, I will not only never buy a Kitchen aid while living here in Denver but I will be buying a new fridge tomorrow and dumping this one in the trash. I don't even want to deal with them to get them to have Kitchen aid replace it for FREE because it's deemed unrepairable!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2022, 12:59 PM

30,654 posts, read 16,313,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I just lit the owner of the fridge repair company up like a Christmas tree. I have never had such disrespectful customer service as I just did. I have a broken $3000 Kitchen aid refrigerator--just a year old today. Based on the fact that I have to deal with this company again, I will not only never buy a Kitchen aid while living here in Denver but I will be buying a new fridge tomorrow and dumping this one in the trash. I don't even want to deal with them to get them to have Kitchen aid replace it for FREE because it's deemed unrepairable!!!!!!

might make you feel better (can't imagine why) but doesn't do much for the environment.

Hope you write--yes, write--to the company and tell them how they're being represented.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
might make you feel better (can't imagine why) but doesn't do much for the environment.

Hope you write--yes, write--to the company and tell them how they're being represented.
I did write Kitchen Aid. I'm going to give it away for free. Someone will take it even if only for the freezer portion. Can't turn away a $3000 fridge for free

Old 04-01-2022, 04:52 PM

30,654 posts, read 16,313,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I did write Kitchen Aid. I'm going to give it away for free. Someone will take it even if only for the freezer portion. Can't turn away a $3000 fridge for free

thank you. wouldn't want it in a landfill either.

sorry you wasted all that money and had all that frustration. Lesson learned I guess.

Old 04-07-2022, 12:56 PM

So I had a zoom interview today at 1pm. We scheduled it yesterday morning. I get attractive and literally 2 mins before they email me to ask to reschedule due to the fact the hiring manager isn't in today due to a sick child. I'm like why did you wait till 2 minutes till zoom call to tell me this? Surely you knew this morning when they didn't show up?????

Plus fridge still isn't working correctly. Coming out for 3rd time tomorrow. Bathroom sink that I spent $250 to have leak repaired is still leaking and can't get out to me till Wednesday!!!

Old 04-08-2022, 09:35 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 6 days ago)

16,101 posts, read 21,231,415 times
People who must think state lines (and other boundaries) are physical. Like being ten feet on one side or the other side means it has prettier scenery, better air quality, smarter people, taller trees or whatever.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:57 PM

I'm getting tired of getting stuck waiting on all these repair people. Especially when they are comebacks. I have a life too!!

Old 04-12-2022, 11:46 AM

Here I am now stuck from 2-5 today on a second company coming out to take a look at the fridge. I have to do this so when it's finally not repaired then I have a leg to stand on with Kitchenaid. So I had to CANCEL my plans today as I literally just got the call 10 mins ago (it's 11:45am) about this service time. And tomorrow, I am stuck at home waiting on the plumber come back. I lost $50 worth of steak last night as the fridge is cold and then not. So I can't put any food in this fridge any further. Whole Food NY strips-went right into the garbage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics