Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2022, 05:29 PM

30,647 posts, read 16,313,181 times

Advertisements

It's hot. I hate hot weather.

I'm wilting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 05:36 PM

44 posts, read 21,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'm tired of getting several calls a day from someone wanting to sell me health insurance.
When I tell them I bill up to a million per year - which is true - they go away immediately.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:55 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,400,873 times
I walked all the way out to my mailbox just to find a thick letter from Mutual of Omaha called "An Invitation for Mr. High_Plains_Retired to add valuable whole life insurance to help cover final expense costs and more."

I think the funeral home fellow gave them my address but what sort of investment nitwit would offer life insurance to an old coot like me with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel?

Old 05-21-2022, 05:55 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,962,690 times
luv the cc app " YOU HAVE BEEN PREAPPROVED TO APPLY"....That puts me in with all those in the phone book....how nice.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
luv the cc app " YOU HAVE BEEN PREAPPROVED TO APPLY"....That puts me in with all those in the phone book....how nice.
Mine today said "CONFIDENTIAL" with a "PRE-APPROVED CODE." Ha!

Old 05-22-2022, 04:31 AM

19,593 posts, read 9,593,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I walked all the way out to my mailbox just to find a thick letter from Mutual of Omaha called "An Invitation for Mr. High_Plains_Retired to add valuable whole life insurance to help cover final expense costs and more."

I think the funeral home fellow gave them my address but what sort of investment nitwit would offer life insurance to an old coot like me with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel?
The same nitwit that thinks an elk in a china store is a good idea?

Old 05-22-2022, 10:25 AM

24,537 posts, read 26,094,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm getting political surveys and people hounding us to sell our home.
It's that time of the voting cycle to get political mail and calls.
I have lots of fun with the folks that want to buy our home.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Like many of us, most of my life I have had to disguise my political leanings out of self preservation but many years ago HBO and one particular political party called me and asked for my opinion. Being retired, and in debt to no one, I gave it to them with both barrels. Neither has ever called me, or written to me, again.

Sometimes it pays great dividends being honest when you are in the position to be.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:48 PM

19,593 posts, read 9,593,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Like some say, Google is your friend. I said the Real Estate Guides are your friend.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:26 PM

6,612 posts, read 3,687,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Update: I’ve managed to get a hoist, to get my husband in and out of his wheelchair. There was a guy who came and set it all up for us. But when we looked, the battery was completely flat.

The guy said “Don’t worry, it just needs charging” and off he went. So I charged it for the recommended time of four hours. After that, the hoist managed to lift my husband out of his chair and into his wheelchair. But when I tried to get him back out of his wheelchair, the hoist just beeped and the battery had gone flat again! So I charged the battery overnight…

The next day the hoist managed a few lifts… then the battery went flat again! I rang the company to let them know, but instead of them sending me a new battery, they want someone to come out and take a look at it.

Now I’m waiting and waiting for someone to ring me, to make an appointment, to take a look at the hoist. In the meantime, it’s just sitting there in my living room. And I’ve had to manually lift my husband in and out of his wheelchair using this turning device thing.

It’s been knackering, as my husband is taller than me, and therefore heavier than me! I feel like I’ve been lifting heavy weights at the gym every day! And my joints are not that good, at the best of times.
Oh my gosh, that all sounds really difficult. It's a good thing he has you, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics