Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2022, 09:02 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

My joints are getting better at forecasting the weather than high paid professionals....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2022, 11:28 PM

61,646 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
My joints are getting better at forecasting the weather than high paid professionals....
Compliment for the joints!!

Old 05-18-2022, 09:49 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
My husband has hurt his knee, when he fell, trying to get out of his wheelchair. I said to him after that “Don’t try getting in and out of your wheelchair without me”. But the next day he fell again, trying to get into his wheelchair this time.

With his MS, things don’t seem to register in his mind properly anymore. Or he just keeps forgetting what I say to him.

Now it looks like I’m complaining about him on this complaints thread. But it’s more of a complaint about how crap illnesses such as MS are.
Update: I’ve managed to get a hoist, to get my husband in and out of his wheelchair. There was a guy who came and set it all up for us. But when we looked, the battery was completely flat.

The guy said “Don’t worry, it just needs charging” and off he went. So I charged it for the recommended time of four hours. After that, the hoist managed to lift my husband out of his chair and into his wheelchair. But when I tried to get him back out of his wheelchair, the hoist just beeped and the battery had gone flat again! So I charged the battery overnight…

The next day the hoist managed a few lifts… then the battery went flat again! I rang the company to let them know, but instead of them sending me a new battery, they want someone to come out and take a look at it.

Now I’m waiting and waiting for someone to ring me, to make an appointment, to take a look at the hoist. In the meantime, it’s just sitting there in my living room. And I’ve had to manually lift my husband in and out of his wheelchair using this turning device thing.

It’s been knackering, as my husband is taller than me, and therefore heavier than me! I feel like I’ve been lifting heavy weights at the gym every day! And my joints are not that good, at the best of times.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:53 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
My joints definitely feel worse in cold and damp weather… which unfortunately we get a lot of, in the UK!

Old 05-18-2022, 01:10 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
what you need is a 700 amp hd car batter for your lift. motor is pulling too many amps for the need...a car battery charger will work in 1 hr.... as a retired mechanic cannot live without one.

Old 05-19-2022, 06:26 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
For Star 1 - by any chance is it plugged into one of those multi plug in units? We found a couple things in our house where the battery unit doesn’t work very well when we are using that attachment.
We like that instead of 2 outlets, we have 6 but because certain items don’t work so well in the battery charging arena, I just have to remove it every so often.

I have to find a way to correct my step stride on the watch I have. Maybe checking out a few YT videos are in need.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:19 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Yesterday the phone rang 7 times several minutes apart. All the calls were from a different number with the same recorded message from Amazon. Wanting to know if it was OK to charge $999.99 for some computer equipment. Press 1 for yes. press 2 for no.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:54 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I'm tired of getting several calls a day from someone wanting to sell me health insurance.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:10 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
I don't mind getting mail, or calls, from credit card and health insurance companies but I sort of wish that funeral home guy would quit calling me and telling me energy inflation is expected to drive up the cost of being cremated.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:09 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
I'm tired of getting several calls a day from someone wanting to sell me health insurance.
I'm getting political surveys and people hounding us to sell our home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics