Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2022, 05:12 PM

30,614 posts, read 16,289,950 times

Advertisements

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator that's 10 or 11 yrs old that I've never had problems with.

In case you need a recommendation for a new fridge.

my complaint: cats. Fresh water, dry food, canned food. Litter changed this morning. Stripe, the current PITA, isn't a cuddler. Doesn't even like to be picked up. Won't leave me alone and I don't know what he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2022, 04:49 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,455,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I have a Whirlpool refrigerator that's 10 or 11 yrs old that I've never had problems with.

In case you need a recommendation for a new fridge.

my complaint: cats. Fresh water, dry food, canned food. Litter changed this morning. Stripe, the current PITA, isn't a cuddler. Doesn't even like to be picked up. Won't leave me alone and I don't know what he wants.

Maybe he's sick. Sometimes cats start hurting somewhere and expect humans to ease their troubles. It might be time for a checkup. If not that , from my own experience with cats, I would think maybe he wants to be let out so he can find a mate. But probably he's not feeling well, so check that too, if you haven't yet.

Old 04-30-2022, 10:43 PM

30,614 posts, read 16,289,950 times
That could be it. He was sneezing a lot. Better but still sneezes occasionally. Wish I could pick him up and hug him but he isn't a hugger.

Hope he's not allergic to hippos.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:25 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,390,758 times
Why do my two farm dogs sleep all day and bark all night since the good weather has arrived?

Old 05-05-2022, 01:14 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,938,038 times
Why do posters lack reading comprehension?

It is frustrating to participate in a thread, try to insert the correct information by bringing something to someone's attention, but then have them argue with you.

It does make me wonder why some people lack reading comprehension. To me, one of the most important skills learned in elementary school IS reading comprehension.

Old 05-05-2022, 05:23 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,264,252 times
My housemate (75 years old with untreated Asbergers, Depression and Dementia) pushed me yesterday: came totally unhinged bc I moved some of her junk mail off the kitchen table to clean it.
Now I'm tasked with setting up an intervention.
I'm still really upset.
Not long ago I made myself a promise to not ever let anyone put their hands on me.
I did push her back to get her off me.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:34 PM

4,158 posts, read 3,082,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Why do posters lack reading comprehension?

It is frustrating to participate in a thread, try to insert the correct information by bringing something to someone's attention, but then have them argue with you.

It does make me wonder why some people lack reading comprehension. To me, one of the most important skills learned in elementary school IS reading comprehension.

As I approached retirement, I realized that someone who was not me would have to fill out the EPA reports. I would tease my coworkers by telling them that their elementary school skills of following instructions and coloring within the lines were very important in filling out these forms. Then I would tell them about a 3rd grade workbook assignment I had. One of the exercises said to color the stage coach yellow with red trim. Those students who used other colors lost points on the assignment. (I had wanted to color it red with yellow trim, but followed the instructions).

Old 05-05-2022, 07:57 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,458,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Why do my two farm dogs sleep all day and bark all night since the good weather has arrived?
That's what a farm dog do.

Old 05-05-2022, 10:56 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,954,131 times
I was at office depot today for a few things....one item being"Last Will and Testament'. SORRY WE DO NOT HAVE ANY IN STOCK?" The poor guy was all over the store looking puzzeled...I SHOULD HAVE ASKED FOR THE STORE MGR.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:58 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,954,131 times
\So i buy an item online to work has to be connected to another app with their password, if i buy X why do i have to connect with y for things to work as advertised? HEll, I CANNOT RECALL WHAT I HAD FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT. At my age all of those tidbits just irhe heckl out of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics