Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2021, 10:04 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Then why do you even have a phone??
I just don't like answering the phone and hearing the phone ring. Quite a silly question to ask, none of us can survive without one today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 02:06 PM

125 posts, read 76,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It’s disgusting that adult men fail at pointing their privates at the urinal or toilet making a mess for everyone else to stand in.
With unisex bathrooms, both men and women have to stand in it. I think the person just doesn't care. They're the last person in, and so what for the next person, they think. I seem to recall somewhere that had an employee go in the restroom when someone came out, just to check on things. Imagine if that employee could add cleaning the bathroom onto their bill? Ha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskkan Mutt View Post
After spending $1400 getting something fixed on my Jeep there was a noise that was not there before. The repair shop insisted it was just my brakes making a little noise. It was not until I started getting ugly before they took my Jeep back in and discovered it was a defective seal they had installed that was making the noise.
Mechanics! They're like doctors and dentists. You never know when you can trust them. It is annoying that one has to get forceful with a mechanic to insist they fix their own shoddy work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It really irks me that every single time I go to the doctor, they do not remember who I am, and think prescribing more medications all the time is "fixing" things. I tell them no. Then the next time they do it all again. Just give me a diagnosis and let me handle it.
I think doctors get a commission or something from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing their product. If they have a lot of patients, it would hard to remember somebody. Sounds like you need a new doctor. Maybe a homeopathic doctor who won't write a script right away, but might actually try to find the cause of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
even some of the tools made to supposedly make it easy to open suck. Meds in child proof containers can be a challenge for adults too.
I know, some of those cutting tools could seriously hurt someone. If I were a manufacturer, I would make easier to open packaging and state that on the packaging, so that more people would buy my product. Yep, some medicine bottles are hard to open. I think if someone wanted to, they could figure out a better way. Maybe not enough people writing to complain. Or they're still getting the revenue, so they don't care. They just try to abide by the law and so what for us who have to try and open these things.

Last edited by sayinit; 03-14-2021 at 02:14 PM..

Old 03-16-2021, 08:52 AM

30,544 posts, read 16,236,133 times
It's snowing. Not a lot but it's snowing.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I want to complain about my neighbor. We both live alone and we became friends a few years ago after I went to her house for help when I locked myself out of my Jeep. To make a very long story short, she got into an argument with the brand new neighbor when she was at my house. It was completely her fault and I haven't even met the neighbor yet so now she thinks I have people visiting me that are crazy/racist against black women/just completely insane and I need to fix this situation. Any suggestions? I am done with the crazy neighbor btw.

Edit to add: Crazy neighbor is never going to apologize for herself and her actions, so I need to know how to diffuse this situation with the new neighbor without approaching her because she may think I'm trying to pick a fight. Help!
You'll run into this new neighbor outside and could say: I just want to apologize for the exchange you had with my neighbor. Something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I live in Florida, I like it here. It never snows, we have fabulous nature, many fun things to do. The main reason crazy stuff happens here is the outsiders coming here and bringing their problems with them. Two-thirds of the present residents now are not native-born. Why do people move here and try to change it to whatever they left. If the place you lived was so great, just STAY THERE. If you don't like the wildlife, stay in your city. Don't come here and try to change everything.
Now those are people with complaints! People do try to change things to what they think is better. You never know why they moved. Now they want things their way. You didn't mention what specifically it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Left lane huggers.
They should be getting tickets for slowing down everybody.
Quote:
Landscapers - more often than not they just park right on the street, not even attempting to get over as far as they can.
Their work vehicles are very big and take up half the road. They don't even try to park in a driveway.
Quote:
School buses - simply PIA's.
I'd like to know what school child crosses a divided highway that cars on both sides have to stop for the bus. And how about the buses that put their flashing lights on for 2 blocks before they actually stop? I have to look at their wheels for motion to decide if I should stop.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Politics and religion. There should be a ban on ever speaking about these topics because the conversation generally doesn't go well.
Yep, 2 subjects to steer clear of, except if you have the advantage, where the other person is resigned to agree with the speaker. Of course, that person will never know that person was just yessing. Like an employer and employee. Although one could disagree with an employer on such matters, sometimes it may be better just to agree, especially if you have a mortgage to pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Yesterday, I was riding along at 55 mph on a major 2 lane road. Not many cars on the road. I was in the passing lane, and saw a white station wagon in front of me in the distance. I was quickly approaching it. There was a black station wagon on the inside lane next to the white one. Both were stopped dead in their tracks (side by side) and I slammed on my brakes. Luckily, there was a turning lane to my left that I quickly got in, so as not to ram the white station wagon. A woman got out of the white station wagon-left her car door open, and another woman got out of the black station wagon and she left her vehicle. They both started chasing a dog!!!! Good grief! What could they have been thinking! What stupid drivers! All of us could have been killed, and the dog just ran away.
I guess when it's yout poochie boo boo nothing else matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Still no 'Big Beef Taco' like they had decades ago at Taco Bell! This is B.S.!
Great post with a sense of humor. I'm sorry for your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
We have access to 3 or 4 television stations within a 60-70 mile radius, which give us local weather reports. How come their daily predictions about rain all differ? And how come they use vague wording like:
"there may be a stray shower here or there, or maybe not"
"this area may have some popup showers, or maybe not"
"I wouldn't rule out taking the umbrella to work today, just in case"
Yeh, some weather forecasts. I like hourly forecasts, so that you can have the weather wrong every hour, in addition to the whole day's forecast. At least hourly is better and will narrow it down for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
We live in a quiet neighborhood in a small town, except for one house at the end of the block. It's known as the "meth" house. The owner invites all kinds of lowlifes in and they have the rest of us very paranoid. I never used to lock my barn, but I got a few items stolen, so now it's locked all the time. I have heard of other houses being burgled. We've notified the police and the patrols have stepped up, but nothings really changed. I just wish they would get busted or go away.
They probably will go away. They're probably rentng, and maybe not treating the house too well. How long can they continue to do that? Maybe put a fake camera in front of your house along with some alarm stickers.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:43 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Oblivious people.
I often see smaller cars having really hard time pulling out their parking spot when a big truck or SUV is parking next to them. The visibility is really not that great - backup camera or not. Small cars parked between larger vehicles like vans and SUVs often have to back blindly out of their spaces.
On a busy parking lot people are walking with their shopping carts, checking on their phone, cars are passing by, but no one just stop and let the poor driver pull out.
Why people can't show a little consideration?
Where I come from pedestrians and other drivers will stop. It takes just few seconds.
I know, it's not a law here, but could be a sign of care and courtesy...

Old 03-17-2021, 09:01 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Oblivious people.
I often see smaller cars having really hard time pulling out their parking spot when a big truck or SUV is parking next to them. The visibility is really not that great - backup camera or not. Small cars parked between larger vehicles like vans and SUVs often have to back blindly out of their spaces.
On a busy parking lot people are walking with their shopping carts, checking on their phone, cars are passing by, but no one just stop and let the poor driver pull out.
Why people can't show a little consideration?
Where I come from pedestrians and other drivers will stop. It takes just few seconds.
I know, it's not a law here, but could be a sign of care and courtesy...
I agree 100%. I will back into spaces or pull through when in the car and not the truck to avoid this very situation.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:21 AM

30,544 posts, read 16,236,133 times
nitpicky people.

I think they go through life just looking for things to criticize. The smaller the better.

Old 03-18-2021, 10:17 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Where are you Aks? You haven't posted since October 2020.

I hope you're okay.

Ever get home with a carry out order and find something missing? It happened with orders delivered as well. It will be nice sitting in a restaurant again after more than a year.

Old 03-18-2021, 10:53 AM

4,143 posts, read 3,060,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I just don't like answering the phone and hearing the phone ring. Quite a silly question to ask, none of us can survive without one today!
Me too. I recently bought a Digitone ProSeries II Call Blocker and have been experimenting with that. The first thing I did was to block the 202 (Washington DC) area code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics