Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 07:56 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,011,950 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Went question shopping, so hopefully these questions are better than Saturday's.

Sunday's Questions:

-At any place you have worked were you ever named the 'Employee of the Month'?

-If your employer had a company Christmas party or some other party, was it laid back and calm or did it usually end when the police and/or the fire department got called?

-Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or magazine article?

-Did you grow up in a small community or a large city?

-Did you ever have to commute to work using public transportation such as a bus or train?

-How likely do you think you will move more than 100 miles away someday?

-Have you ever run over a skunk or been near one that just sprayed something?

Well, I guess it is time to wrap up things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 08:00 PM

126,306 posts, read 19,093,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. Went question shopping, so hopefully these questions are better than Saturday's.

Sunday's Questions:

-At any place you have worked were you ever named the 'Employee of the Month'?.....No

-If your employer had a company Christmas party or some other party, was it laid back and calm or did it usually end when the police and/or the fire department got called?.......Never had a Christmas party at work

-Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or magazine article?...No

-Did you grow up in a small community or a large city?......Very small community

-Did you ever have to commute to work using public transportation such as a bus or train?......No

-How likely do you think you will move more than 100 miles away someday?.......I have moved already out in the countryside

-Have you ever run over a skunk or been near one that just sprayed something?...No

Thank you Alaskan Mutt and good night

Old 01-29-2022, 08:53 PM

61,888 posts, read 87,385,514 times

Sunday's Questions:

Yes, few times. A plaque with picture on the wall.

-If your employer had a company Christmas party or some other party, was it laid back and calm or did it usually end when the police and/or the fire department got called?

Laid back and civilized, I work with professionals But can't be so sure, I never stayed to till the end.

Long time ago, when I became a new addition to a company. The last 20 years or so, such things are done online.

Large city (for European standards)

-Did you ever have to commute to work using public transportation such as a bus or train?

When I lived in Europe - always. The public transportation is excellent here.
In the US per car.

Very likely. Going back home, permanently.

Yes. My car was smelly for a long time

Thank you, AM - great Q. Now go back to your recliner.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:20 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,573,190 times
Sunday's Questions:

-At any place you have worked were you ever named the 'Employee of the Month'? Was about to be but had to quit before the end of the month to move out of the area

-If your employer had a company Christmas party or some other party, was it laid back and calm or did it usually end when the police and/or the fire department got called? Pretty calm

-Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or magazine article? Many many times. My mother worked for our local paper and had a weekly column. If I did something funny or crazy, of course she had to tell about it. lol I was also in some newspapers last month after the tornado here

-Did you grow up in a small community or a large city? I've never lived in a town of more than 10,000

-Did you ever have to commute to work using public transportation such as a bus or train? Nope

-How likely do you think you will move more than 100 miles away someday? Does 90 miles count?

-Have you ever run over a skunk or been near one that just sprayed something? Several times

Old 01-29-2022, 09:32 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,828,904 times

Sunday's Questions:

-At any place you have worked were you ever named the 'Employee of the Month'? No,I have been the runner up twice.

-If your employer had a company Christmas party or some other party, was it laid back and calm or did it usually end when the police and/or the fire department got called? No. I haven’t been to a Christmas party in over 20 years.

-Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or magazine article? Yes. And a letter in my employee file about it.

-Did you grow up in a small community or a large city? Small town country boy.

-Did you ever have to commute to work using public transportation such as a bus or train? Nope.

-How likely do you think you will move more than 100 miles away someday? Yes.

-Have you ever run over a skunk or been near one that just sprayed something? Yes.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:35 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
Sunday's Questions:

-At any place you have worked were you ever named the 'Employee of the Month'? No place I ever worked had that.

-If your employer had a company Christmas party or some other party, was it laid back and calm or did it usually end when the police and/or the fire department got called? I was a fed. We had most of our parties offsite.

Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or magazine article? yes, both.

I lived my first 7 years in NYC. Lived my next 11 on Long Island (suburbia)

I reverse commuted from DC to Virginia by bus (before DC subway was built). I commuted from DC to DC for a different job by bus. And about 24 years later I did commutes via subway and train when I moved back to the DC area until we moved to our permanent location. Then, I drove.

-How likely do you think you will move more than 100 miles away someday? 0%

Yes. Dead ones. I still think they smell better than lilacs (smell like cat urine).

Old 01-29-2022, 09:55 PM

11,383 posts, read 9,302,949 times
Sunday's Questions:

-At any place you have worked were you ever named the 'Employee of the Month'? - Once. Most places I worked in my career didn't have that.

-If your employer had a company Christmas party or some other party, was it laid back and calm or did it usually end when the police and/or the fire department got called? - LOL on the last part. I only attended a couple of these and did not enjoy, especially the last which was in 2015.

-Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or magazine article? - No.

-Did you grow up in a small community or a large city? -Fairly large city.

-Did you ever have to commute to work using public transportation such as a bus or train? - No but did a few times.

-How likely do you think you will move more than 100 miles away someday? - IDK. Open to it...

-Have you ever run over a skunk or been near one that just sprayed something? - No.

Thanks again!

Old 01-29-2022, 11:03 PM

44,654 posts, read 61,707,500 times
Sunday's Questions:

-At any place you have worked were you ever named the 'Employee of the Month'? Several times.

-If your employer had a company Christmas party or some other party, was it laid back and calm or did it usually end when the police and/or the fire department got called? All were calm, all were bright...

-Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or magazine article? Both several times.

-Did you grow up in a small community or a large city? Big one called Los Angeles..

-Did you ever have to commute to work using public transportation such as a bus or train? No.

-How likely do you think you will move more than 100 miles away someday? Possible. I'd like to sell everything and get an RV and travel all over though wife says "dream on".

-Have you ever run over a skunk or been near one that just sprayed something? Never have.

Rate this post positively

Old 01-29-2022, 11:27 PM

21,571 posts, read 8,747,707 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes, both Mr. Bay and I have been employee of the month.
It was relatively tame.
Yes, in our local paper when I was seven years old. Our house caught fire in the middle of the night, and I was the one who woke up, smelled smoke and alerted the rest of the family. The headline said "Girl, 7, Saves Family." They spelled our last name wrong, but other than that it was a big thrill. I was also mentioned once in Herb Caen's column in the San Francisco Chronicle. I had sent him a copy of a newspaper ad promoting canaries as "the perfect stocking stuffer."
Suburbs.
Yes, I have commuted on cable cars, buses and subways.
Not very likely.
Not yet (crossing fingers).

Thank you, Mr. Mutt!

Old 01-30-2022, 12:16 AM
bjh

60,131 posts, read 30,443,436 times

Sunday's Questions:
Never worked anywhere that did that.
Somewhere between.
Who? Me?
Suburbs of a large city mostly.
Most places I lived didn't have great public transportation when I was commuting.
Maybe.
Glad I 've never run over one and not just because of smell. Have I smelled the spray? Many times. I was once outside at night when there was skunk smell. Heard a splashing sound of liquid on leaves. So it was near. I wondered if I was about to get sprayed but didn't.

Thanks, Mutt. Okay questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics