Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 06:40 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,434,248 times

Advertisements

I like my Scotch on the rocks.
Attached Thumbnails
Today's Questions, Saturday, July 23rd 2022 - Holy smoke edition-i-like-my-scotch-rocks.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2022, 09:09 PM

12,888 posts, read 3,017,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I like my Scotch on the rocks.
I asked that question because I'd seen a man on TV wearing a kilt and he was totally sexy.

Old 07-23-2022, 10:35 PM

44,432 posts, read 20,198,149 times
Holy smoke! My turn again already! Lol. Juicy details welcome but not required in today's Qs.

Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt? I have several friends who play in a Shriners kilty band, and I think they look hot in their quilts! I wouldn't mind seing my s.o. in one.

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman? Bridesmaid 4 or 5 times.

Have you given a toast or speech at a wedding or family event? Yep. Several times I've been asked to give a brief speech and toast, and I enjoyed doing so.

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up? Yep. Sometimes mosquitoes are horrible here in the Midwest.

Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies? If the bugs are real bad and skeeter dope on my skin and/or clothes don't keep them off me, I'll just go inside.

Do you ever eat mutton or lamb, and did you enjoy? I don't usually like lamb, but a couple of times when it was roasted outdoors I thought it was pretty good. I haven't had it in quite a few years. I don't think I've ever had mutton.

Have a good weekend. Or else. Haha. Thanks, PegE!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:43 PM

14,946 posts, read 8,258,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Holy smoke! My turn again already! Lol. Juicy details welcome but not required in today's Qs.

Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt?
Hmmm....never thought about that one....can't imagine my husband wearing one...I don't think its quite his style,...though he has dressed up in some strange get ups before...do you remember the guy on TV (the Afghan newsman who was saying it was all a lie, the US had not invaded Afghanistan (while in the background you could see the US
Military landing and invading in the backdrop....this is my husband imitating that man.

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman?
I was a Bridesmaid several times in some of my friends weddings....back in the 70's and 80's.
Have you given a toast or speech at a wedding or family event?
No, I have a terrible fear of public speaking and would do go to any lengths to avoid it.
Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up?
No, but I avoid being around them at the places and times I know they will be around.
Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies?

Do you ever eat mutton or lamb, and did you enjoy?

Have a good weekend. Or else.

U2!

Old 07-24-2022, 12:05 AM

14,946 posts, read 8,258,649 times
I guess I had ancestors who probably wore kilts though.

But no it's not my husbands style at all.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 07-24-2022 at 01:26 AM..

Old 07-24-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
I asked that question because I'd seen a man on TV wearing a kilt and he was totally sexy.
Yes, they can be totally sexy I think, especially if they have great legs!

My husband was predominately Irish. I am predominately Scottish and English. WHOOOOP!!!! Kilts, please!

Old 07-27-2022, 02:40 PM

62,234 posts, read 88,136,454 times

Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt?

Not sure why I supposed to have feelings about them. It's a part of traditional Scottish Highland dress. I support people continuing traditions.

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman?

I don't care about the American wedding traditions. It's just too much of a show and rehearsals. Everything is scripted, uniformed, themed, color coded... Too little of spontaneity, too outdated. Wouldn't want to participate.

Thankfully, no.

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up?

Just about every day. Mosquitoes here are very blood thirsty.

Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies?

No. I rather stay in a sheltered areas or inside.

I prefer game meat that has actual flavor, to whatever is bred in cages and sold in the supermarkets. Lamb, mutton, wild hog, ostrich, buffalo, antelope, aligator, snakes, wild boar, rabbit, goat, elk, venison, pheasant, horse, squab ... had them all and loved the taste.

Have a good weekend. Or else.

Yup! Or else!!
Thanks PegE!!

Last edited by elnina; 07-27-2022 at 02:51 PM..

Old 07-27-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Not sure why I supposed to have feelings about them. It's a part of traditional Scottish Highland dress. I support people continuing traditions.

I don't care about the American wedding traditions. It's just too much of a show and rehearsals. Everything is scripted, uniformed, themed, color coded... Too little of spontaneity, too outdated. Wouldn't want to participate.
[/b]
I wanted to point out what seems to be a dichotomy. On the one hand you support traditions but on the other hand, not American traditions? These are very important to brides and grooms and other Americans. For instance, my daughter changed her wedding date because of the venue, and the new date fell on Friday the 13th. I remember begging her not to make me send out and pay for invitations that said Friday the 13th on them! (I did though, and everything was fine.) Anyway, just wanted to point out that what you may see as "scripted, uniformed, themed, color coded," etc. may be exactly what the bride and groom want because of tradition.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:22 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,031,992 times
I am one quarter Scottish. However living most of my life in places much colder than Scotland I am not overly fond of wearing kilts.

Nope

Nope once again

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten u
Have I ever.

I tried campfire smoke but the bugs put on smoke masks

I have eaten both. Verry yummy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics