Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 11:42 PM

12,599 posts, read 2,994,243 times

Advertisements

Holy smoke! My turn again already! Lol. Juicy details welcome but not required in today's Qs.

Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt?

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman?

Have you given a toast or speech at a wedding or family event?

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up?

Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies?

Do you ever eat mutton or lamb, and did you enjoy?

Have a good weekend. Or else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2022, 12:07 AM

44,678 posts, read 61,796,128 times
Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt? I'd only wear one if you paid my way to Scotland to be in a Scottish parade.

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman? Yes, sons.

Have you given a toast or speech at a wedding or family event? Yes, sons.

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up? Wasps, bees, hornets.

Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies? Bug spray.

Do you ever eat mutton or lamb, and did you enjoy? Tried lamb once, yuck, no.

Have a good weekend. Or else. u-2

Old 07-23-2022, 12:47 AM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,486,746 times
Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt?
I'm sure on the appropriate occasion it would be the perfect thing to wear.
Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman?
Yes at my brothers' weddings.
If I was a groomsman at a Scotsman's wedding, I would wear a kilt if everyone else wore one. When in Rome . . . or Scotland.
Have.
Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up?
When I was a kid, mosquitos kept at me a few times. Guess I became too ornery for them to bother.
Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies?
No campfire smoke. We used spray when I was a kid, but I've not used it since. Wearing long sleeves can help and if all else fails . . . go inside!
I've tasted mutton and was not impressed.

Thanks, PegE! Interesting questions.

Old 07-23-2022, 01:18 AM

21,603 posts, read 8,772,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Holy smoke! My turn again already! Lol.
Boy, can I relate! It's my turn on Sunday.

I guess it would depend on what his legs looked like, but I doubt that Mr. Bay would go for it.
No, so far I've managed to avoid that sort of thing. I don't like formal weddings and didn't have one myself.
No, never.
We don't have many bugs around here. They don't like our cool coastal climate.
It's never been an issue where I live.
Yes, I don't eat lamb often, but I do enjoy it occasionally.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 07-23-2022, 03:35 AM

11,397 posts, read 9,322,580 times
Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt? - Pass on wearing a kilt. Not my style.

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman? - Nope

Have you given a toast or speech at a wedding or family event? - Never

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up? - Nope

Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies? - I can't recall I was ever in that situation.

Do you ever eat mutton or lamb, and did you enjoy? - Never had and no interest in either.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 07-23-2022, 04:12 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,413,190 times
Good Morning from the Ocean State...

Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt? It would be fine with me. My mother is from Scotland, pretty used to the idea.

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman? Yes, long ago

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up? Yes, bugs love me. I don't sit outside in the Summer.

Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies? Stay inside. I do have some organic bug spray when I HAVE to be outside.

Enjoy the day...

Old 07-23-2022, 04:38 AM

9,747 posts, read 14,311,395 times
Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt? If I was in Scotland, that would be o.k.

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman? No

Have you given a toast or speech at a wedding or family event? No

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up? No....that never happened to me. I sit outside on my open porch almost every evening in the summer....no bugs/mosquitoes/or other

Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside No or do you have any other strategies? N/A

Do you ever eat mutton or lamb, Noand did you enjoy?

thanks, Peg

Old 07-23-2022, 05:22 AM

1,395 posts, read 629,695 times
Holy smoke! My turn again already! Lol. Juicy details welcome but not required in today's Qs.

………..Good Morning!

Guys how would you feel about wearing a kilt and ladies how do you think you would feel about seeing your man in a kilt?………………..I was Braveheart on Halloween once. Those things are really comfortable, so sure I would wear one if the occasion calls for one that is not Halloween. Juicy detail: Yes I wore my skivvies

Have you ever been a supporting part of a wedding party, a bridesmaid or groomsman?………….Once, I didn’t like it

Have you given a toast or speech at a wedding or family event?………………Once, I didn’t like it either

Have you ever been pestered by bugs so much that you had to escape to avoid getting eaten up?………………Yes, I’m bug central.

Have you used a campfire or smoke to discourage bugs outside or do you have any other strategies?…………After trying all I could out there OFF, as much as I dislike it, works for me

Do you ever eat mutton or lamb, and did you enjoy?………….. Yes.

……You and Everyone enjoy.

Old 07-23-2022, 05:42 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,633,811 times
----- People would see it "sending a message", the wrong message. I wore a sarong in Indonesia for a few months, it's a wrap, so a bit restrictive. A full skirt maybe nicer. But as Mom used to say, "What willl people think?"

------- Yes, twice

------- Only my own -- hated it.

------ Wost was camping in Indiana, had to get up and drive all night. USA is rhe only country (over 100) I've ever been bothered by bugs.

----- Dust socks, pants with elemental sulfur, deters Missouri's chiggers like magic.. Burning a mosquito coil usually work to sleeeep in a car

----- Lamb is essential for Middle East cooking, it's delicious anytime.

Have a good weekend.

Old 07-23-2022, 05:43 AM

16,701 posts, read 17,483,389 times
Just to say, lamb is probably my favourite meat, and I do like steak. I had filet of lamb yesterday here at home.

Maybe it's produced differently in the US, or perhaps there is something about the preparation/cooking of it.

Come over here and try my butterflied leg of marinated lamb which I generally barbecue, with our home made Italian country salad. Our friends and neighbours love it when I do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics