Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 07:58 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,654,496 times

Advertisements

1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice?

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject?

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle?

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku?

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed?

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil?

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them?

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand?

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use?

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack.

Eyes are giving out -- gotta grt this in while I still can. Good Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 08:08 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,639,257 times
1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice? Been quite a while since I played Yahtzee with real dice. Play it online

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? I couldn't even draw a straight line anybody could recognize. lol

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? I don't do jigsaws. My wife did a 1000 piece one about a year ago

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku? Nope

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed? Won't start till sometime early November.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? I have no idea

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? Depends on how I'm cooking them. If I'm slicing to fry them up, I don't

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand? None

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use? Only thing close to a work surface is a roll top desk my laptop is on. It's always cluttered.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. We have a few souvenirs from our trip to Germany and Paris 12 years ago.

Old 09-25-2022, 09:11 PM

3,249 posts, read 1,083,825 times
I don't remember.
Yes.
Decades ago.
No.
No and no.
One day.
No.
Two items. A very old coat (25 years old or more) that I fixed and looks great, like new. And a t-shirt (more than 30 years old). Both from Germany, absolutely great quality.
9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use?
Coffee table. Not very cluttered.
10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack.
A stone from Babaji's cave, from India.

Thanks. Have a great week.

Old 09-25-2022, 09:40 PM

11,421 posts, read 9,349,138 times
1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice? - Board game 20+ years ago.

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? - Doubtful.

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? - Not since I was a kid.

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku? - No

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? - N/A. It's been almost 40 years since I took part in this tradition. I do not celebrate that holiday.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? - Part-time government contracting admin job I had 13 years ago where it was required. They were behind the times and lost the contract because of it.

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? - I never peeled potatoes.

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand? - Zero

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use? - I have an orderly home computer desk, nothing else listed.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. - N/A.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:28 AM

30,761 posts, read 16,397,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
ages. Can't remember when or why

probably not

real one more than 10 yrs. online-last night

not really although it's my favorite style poetry

no and no

couple of weeks. I use them when tracing pieces for quilting

sometimes

a few pieces-

desk and kitchen table-always
table in craft room has stuff on it but it's not clutter. It's work in progress and some works not in progress.

only thing I can think of is a glass pyrex type thing in a metal holder I brought back from France
Eyes are giving out -- gotta get this in while I still can. Good Monday.
thanks, arr430.

Old 09-26-2022, 03:18 AM

62,137 posts, read 88,017,025 times

Several weeks ago, when playing board games with my Granddaughter.

Not very well, but i hope that person would be recognizable.

Same as #1. Sometimes I play "connect pipes" game online.

Not into poetry.

Not started, yet. Not hiding either. I live alone

Few hours ago. Made a note on my wall calendar.

50/50 - sometimes peel before, sometimes after cooking.

None.

Have a desk in the office room. There is a lamp, a clock, small glass terrarium with plants, laptop and a mouse on it.
Dining on kitchen countertop or formal in sunroom. Nothing on dining table, just a floral centerpiece with candles.

I have a lot of items from many foreign countries. Art or pieces of nature like a sand rose from my trip to Sahara or corals from NZ.

Eyes are giving out -- gotta grt this in while I still can. Good Monday.

Thank you, and take care arr!

Last edited by elnina; 09-26-2022 at 03:34 AM..

Old 09-26-2022, 04:20 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,654,496 times
Owneer's answers

---- Maybe 10-20 years

----- I used to be quite good, but lost the knack quite early on

----- I dis one about 15 years ago, but peeked at the box

----- Hush foolish cricket, my wife will hear you and sweep you into the grate.

------ No, not anymore

----- Recebtly, playing Battleships in graph paprt

------- Never peel

----- Virtually, except shoes, sometimes

----- 12-seat dining table, eating at one end, laptop at the other, always cluttered in between. I live there.

----- Burlap Basmati rice bags from India. I cant make myself throw them away.

Old 09-26-2022, 04:32 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,429,233 times
Good Morning

1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice? Last December

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? Nope!

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? January

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku? I do not. They are fun to write.

Coolness fills the air
Scarves and sweaters everywhere
Fall weather is here

by: Savannah Jones

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed? I have picked up a few things in my travels. I store them in my Sewing Room.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? Yesterday

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? For mashed potatoes, yes. Every other purpose, no.

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand? None

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use? In my sewing room I have my father's old watch bench. I use that as a desk, not cluttered.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. Silver bracelet I purchased from a Craftsman in a Christmas Market in Norway. He was crafting them, it was interesting watching him.

Happy Monday, lots to do today...

Old 09-26-2022, 06:23 AM

35,440 posts, read 17,340,557 times
1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice? Ages ago

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? Hardly. My drawing is terrible.

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? Last time I worked on one had to have been more than 20 years ago.

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku? I did in grade school

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed? No. I admire the Christmas spirit but I am Jewish.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? Last week

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? Depends. If I am baking them, no. Otherwise, usually.

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand? One quarter, maybe. I've lost my stepfather and father-in-law in recent years and have gotten other hand-me-downs.

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use? Moderately cluttered. Computer table at home, desk at work.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. Various tee-shirts from Canada.

Eyes are giving out -- gotta grt this in while I still can. Good Monday. Thanks for starting. I may not be able to rep you.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,368,587 times
Good morning and thank you, arr!!!!

1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice? About a week.

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? Yes.

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? Good grief, years ago if I have ever actually completed one - I can't remember. Not my thing.

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku? Yes, the one about the dead wife's comb by Tanibushi Busun or something like that:

“The piercing chill I feel:

my dead wife’s comb, in our bedroom,

under my heel…”

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed? I have not started Christmas shopping yet but no, I do not keep the presents under my bed.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? Not sure - a long time ago probably.

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? Depends on how I am cooking them and what type they are.

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand? Probably 1/8th or so.

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use? Not super cluttered. I have two neat stacks (small) of what I am working on right that moment, on a credenza in my office.
At work it's the same, two neat small stacks of things I'm working on but on my desk.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. Having lived and traveled throughout Europe and Asia, I have tons of things from foreign countries. I guess I will say that pieces of the Berlin Wall are types that aren't sentimental exactly but mean something to me precisely because they come from what used to be east Berlin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics