Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 07:07 AM

126,361 posts, read 19,120,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice?........................Played board games a while ago

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject?...................Yes I can

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle?......................In wintertime

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku?............No

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? ............................No
Do you keep them under your bed?.....................No

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil?................................Yesterday to do a crossword puzzle

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them?............................Unless they are fresh and new in season I always peel them

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand?............................None

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk?work table?........................... My office desk has a little lamp, laptop,little peace lily pot,handmade ceramic mug for pen/pencils,letter opener/ruler and a family picture in a frame.
Dining table and/or dinette? ...............................I have a dark wood dining table that sits more people and a smaller oak dining table next to the kitchen.During the day I have a bowl of fruit and candle on the smaller table,while on the larger table I have flowers in season from my garden and a candle.When in use I put a tablecloth on
How cluttered are they when not in use?..................................They are never cluttered

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack...........................I have a few collective art pieces ( area rugs,sculpture,marble coasters,drum, handwoven blankets and so on) from Africa and India and of course I have a lot of items from Germany/Bavaria

Eyes are giving out -- gotta grt this in while I still can. Good Monday.

Thank you arr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 07:22 AM

19,726 posts, read 10,515,686 times
6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? I use a pencil all the time....since my stroke I can't use a pen....8years. 4 mo. I am also now right-handed.(I was left-handed for 54 years)

Old 09-26-2022, 07:29 AM

37,808 posts, read 41,101,157 times
1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice? Sometime in the 1980s.

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? No

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle?
This past weekend if ones on the computer count. There were 8 mini game jigsaws in a hidden object Park Ranger 14 Collector's Edition game I was playing and played 2 of the 8 on Friday night. If you only mean regular jigsaws, it would be decades ago.

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku? No

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed? No. The people I buy gifts for are old like me and live in NY. I buy online and the seller mails the gifts to them.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? The last time I taught a computer class to other retirees which was around 2013. I bought a bag of those half pencils, which I think are called golf pencils, for people who didn't bring anything to write with to class. I don't have any pencils in my home, just pens.

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? I only bake potatoes at home, so no.

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand?
None

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use? Have a desk and right now it's cluttered. I have a big paper slicer on my dining room table or that might be cluttered, too. I don't eat at it.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. None.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:39 AM

7,390 posts, read 5,504,047 times
1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice?

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? No

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? Two years ago

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Yes. Do you keep them under your bed? No, closet.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? Yesterday

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? Yes

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand? None

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use? Dining room table. Not cluttered.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. I have a paper that I framed of my name in Japanese that my daughter gifted me from when she was in Japan.

Eyes are giving out -- gotta grt this in while I still can. Good Monday. Thank you!

Old 09-26-2022, 08:42 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,812,398 times
About 15 years I think

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject?
LOL not unless they can recognize them from a stick figure with or without hair

Long time ago, probably when I was a teen

4. Do you have a favorite Haiku?
I don't think so

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed?
I was going to start Christmas shopping but my ideas are being shot down for one reason or another....they have it already, the spouse doesn't want them to have anymore etc.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil?
Not that long, I keep them sharpened and ready to go if I need one

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them?
Yes, except for new red potatoes. Their skins are thin and tasty so no need to peel.

None. I'm short and hard to fit so I can't wear other people's clothes. (Don't really want to). I do get second-hand everything else, though from my Mom.

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use?
I'm a little messy at times but I contain my work stuff on my desk in my office. I can't stand clutter in living spaces so my dining table gets cleared off every day. I am OCD but not the clean-freak type, just crooked pictures or anything off-kilter drives me nuts and having to always do things a certain way etc.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack.
I have some very old money from the Phillippines and Japan, there's no dates that I can see but I believe they are from WWII era. I've been meaning for years to see what exactly some of these bills are worth and find out how old they are.

Thanks arr430

Old 09-26-2022, 09:11 AM

9,745 posts, read 14,307,685 times
1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice? I can't remember ever doing that

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? About 30-40 years ago

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? No Do you keep them under your bed? No

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? I use a wooden pencil every day when it's raining. I do inspections, rain or shine. Ink pens don't work in the rain or freezing weather.

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? Always, for mashed potatoes.

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? [b]Large, oak office deck with drawers and bookshelves/B] How cluttered are they when not in use? No clutter here. I have to be organized because I have so many job related legal documents to work with.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack.
My grandmother came from Poland. I have my grandmother's boarding pin, with her photograph. Her mother put her on a ship headed to the U.S.A. in search of a better life, when she was 16 years old. My mom told me when she got off the ship at the Statue of Liberty, she didn't know which way to turn, but she walked the streets, and within a short time, she got a few sewing jobs, and eventually she started her own dressmaker business. Quite an inspiration for me. I credit her for that determination and work ethic.

Thanks for the Q of the Day!

Old 09-26-2022, 10:23 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,703 posts, read 81,547,262 times
1. How long's it been since you rolled a pair of dice? Not sure, but at least 20 years.

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? Yes

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? Again, at least 20 years.

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed? No, and no.

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? Last week, I use them for woodworking projects.

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? Yes, except when baking them.

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use? Depends. In my workshop it's cluttered, my desk at the office is a bit messy, my desk at home is pretty much bare except for the monitor, keyboard, mouse and a notepad. Our dining table gets a bit messy then my wife becomes annoyed and clears it off.

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. Like everyone I have many articles that were made in China, but that's not the source of any interest. I'll go with my India Banyan trees. I have 4 that are bonsai, 2 that are just houseplants. I planted them from seed that I got from a guy in Portugal about 15 years ago.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:47 AM

24,541 posts, read 26,096,990 times
Late last century.

My sketches of Stick People are highly prized.

No

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you keep them under your bed?
No and No.

Last week.

20 to 30% of the time.

1 z Navy foul weather jacket my son gave me.

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Dining table and/or dinette? How cluttered are they when not in use?
Sigh. My desk is a mess, kitchen table is dining room table is currently a holding place for stuff for a BD party for the great grandson.

A very large binoculars or field glasses that were made in Japan and belonged to my dad.

Thanx arr430 Good Q's for a Monday

Old 09-26-2022, 11:47 AM

14,827 posts, read 8,165,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
Maybe a year or two ago...playing some board games with family.
I certainly lack that talent!
Decades ago

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet?
No, not yet....Procrastination is strong here....will probably get things in Nov or Dec.

Do you keep them under your bed?
I usually keep them in a certain closet here....or wait so long that they are wrapped or put into a bag and put under the actual Christmas tree.

So long that I don't recall....I even fill out crosswords with pens.
Depends on what I am making/the recipe.
None
My Desk is a bit of a mess (remember that one quiz that labeled me a neurotic, introvert with a messy desk was dead on.) The Dining Room table is neat though...it is a struggle to keep it that way though,
it seems my family when they come home, love to dump everything there.

I have this beautiful Tiger figurine that a friend in Australia sent to me. I also have some nice
China from Germany that I am quite fond of.

Thanks Arr!

Old 09-26-2022, 12:22 PM

1,391 posts, read 627,374 times
Good Afternoon, all.

2. Could you sketch a portrait so a third person would recognize the subject? Likely

3. When was the last time you completed a jigsaw puzzle? I start but don't finish

5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? No. Do you keep them under your bed? No

6. How long since you used a wooden pencil? A minute ago

7. Do you usually peel potatoes before cooking them? No, we clean and eat the whole potato peel included

8. How much of your current wardrobe was second-hand? None.

9. How are your work surfaces allocated? Desk? work table? Messy, but we don't let it get tooooo messy. Dining table and/or dinette? Got cookies and chocolates jars on it. How cluttered are they when not in use? Not too cluttered

10. An article you own whose main interest to you is that it came from a foreign country. Like, a souvenir, or exotic knickknack. Usually eat or drink the 'souvenirs'.

You too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics