Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday
Woo Hoo only 6 more days till Spring !!!
Very early start this morning, the big dog wanted to go out at 2:45 and of course the other 2 afraid of missing a "treat opportunity" decided they needed to get up to see what was going on
When I went back to bed you know who was snoring pretty loud so after 15 mins I gave up and decided it would be a good CD catch up reading time
So here I am all ready with

Today's Question(s) :

Now that we know the items you all stock up on,lets add a little twist.

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more?

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ?

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ?

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that made you say

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought ________ ?

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ?

What is your favorite potato chip ?

Lemonade: Yay or Nay

Today in History:
1743 - 1st American town meeting (Boston's Faneuil Hall)
1794 - Eli Whitney patented his cotton gin, making it possible to clean 50 pounds of cotton a day, compared to a pound a day before Whitney’s invention.
1936 - Federal Register, 1st magazine of the U.S. government, publishes 1st issue
1950 - FBI's "10 Most Wanted Fugitives" program begins

Word of the Day:
esoteric \es-uh-TER-ik\, adjective:
1. understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite
2. belonging to the select few
3. private; secret; confidential

Today is:
International Ask A Question Day !!!!!
National Potato Chip Day
National Fanny Pack Day
Celebrate Scientists Day
Learn about Butterflies Day
Save a Spider Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 03:21 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,796 times
Morning to all. I am up this AM early myself. Allergies, nothing so grand as puppy sitting and snores, but what they hey we are up!

Today theme Music:
YouTube - Matilda - Harry Belafonte (1957)

YouTube - Man Smart, Woman Smarter (live) - Harry Belafonte

YouTube - Banana Boat Song some Muppet fun!

YouTube - Harry Belafonte and Odetta - There's A Hole In The Bucket this is the one that has been running through my head for a few days now.

Today's Question(s) :

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more?
cant recall any time but when my Grandma dies she had stocked up on several things she could no longer use.
depending on item it would be Church, Battered Womens shelter, a friend or family member, Cancer Society, food pantry

Bonus Question:

Not normally unless it is a more formal occassion or special occassion.

Extra Credit Question:

Just for fun:

two and I call them kangaroo pouches since I wear them to the front and not behind.

an edible one.
preferably with a nice french onion dip attached.

Today in History:
1743 - 1st American town meeting (Boston's Faneuil Hall)
1794 - Eli Whitney patented his cotton gin, making it possible to clean 50 pounds of cotton a day, compared to a pound a day before Whitney’s invention.

1936 - Federal Register, 1st magazine of the U.S. government, publishes 1st issue
1950 - FBI's "10 Most Wanted Fugitives" program begins

Today is:
International Ask A Question Day !!!!!
National Potato Chip Day
National Fanny Pack Day
Celebrate Scientists Day
Save a Spider Day[/quote]

Old 03-14-2009, 03:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times

Doesn't everyone?

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4707061/orange-main_Full.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-14-2009, 06:05 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,548,854 times
Today's Question(s) :

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? Nope

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? If that ever happened then probably some place like Salvation Army, Goodwill

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? Not really, But we call ahead and see what they need for us to pick up at the store. The ones we usually go visit for dinner live about 10 miles from town. Not that fast to slip out for a loaf of bread or bag of ice.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought there were that many people desperate enough to go to a Michael Jackson concert?

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? Nope

What is your favorite potato chip ? Pringle's BBQ

Lemonade: Yay

Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,835 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s) :

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? Not yet

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? No Clue

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? Depends

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought Oh crudmuffins...DH just had a great idea 2 or 3 days ago and I said that exact line...and now I cannot recall what it is. Dratt, something that is an everyday thing...ohhhh this is going to drive my brain crazy?

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? No

What is your favorite potato chip ? Vinegar & Salt

Today in History:

1743 - 1st American town meeting (Boston's Faneuil Hall) Wow!!! Faneuil has been around that long???? Wicked Cool.
1950 - FBI's "10 Most Wanted Fugitives" program begins Time to change the title there. They've got far more than 10 these days.

Word of the Day:
esoteric \es-uh-TER-ik\, adjective:
1. understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite
2. belonging to the select few
3. private; secret; confidential

Today is:
International Ask A Question Day !!!!! Why didn't my parents ever tell me about this day? I was always asked "can't you be quiet for ten minutes"? I was a bundle of questions as a small child.
National Potato Chip Day
National Fanny Pack Day
Celebrate Scientists Day
Save a Spider Day I do

Old 03-14-2009, 06:32 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-rose View Post
When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? Depends
You bring Depends? What if they are a younger couple??

Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 AM

821 posts, read 2,012,181 times
Today's Question(s) :

my stock up stuff is always food stuff, and I can always us thtat

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

can't remember right at the present time

Just for fun:

yes, I have one and not even got it out in years

What is your favorite potato chip ? almost any kind I eat, but I would say the plain or sour cream and onion

Lemonade: Yay or Nay Yah

Old 03-14-2009, 07:38 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,677 times

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? No but I've stocked up and had it expire.

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? No but I have brought dessert.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought ________ ? For the life of me I can't think of anything.

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? nope

What is your favorite potato chip ? jalepeno and cheddar

Lemonade: Yay or Nay yay it's ok

Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Today's Question(s) :

When our daughter still lived at home, she'd frequently announce that she had discovered some new food item that she absolutely adored, wanted to eat every day, and would we please get LOTS of it for her at the grocery store. Inevitably, as soon as we laid in a goodly supply of whatever it was, she'd decide she was tired of it and would stop eating it.

If the item in question wasn't too obnoxious, we'd gradually use it up by incorporating it into meal planning. There were a couple of times, though, when she fell briefly in love with something that we found disgusting (usually some sort of pre-made frozen meal, which we never buy or use) and in that case we'd offer it to our local food pantry. We figured that even though we dislike the ready-made meal items, hopefully some hungry person could make use of them.

Bonus Question:

Always. Usually either a bottle of good wine or some premium beer, sometimes home-made bread or other baked goods, and if the person is the sort who doesn't welcome additional food or beverages brought in by guests, some flowers or a small item bought from a store. We're very old-fashioned that way.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought
that a cat would enjoy eating tomatoes.
Our cat is so fond of tomatoes that we can't leave them out anywhere that he can find them. And when we're cutting up 'maters for a salad or something, he climbs us like a tree in an attempt to snag a bite.

Just for fun:

Yep, use one all summer long as my weekend purse.

I rarely eat potato chips, and don't really have a favorite.

Home-made is wonderful - that canned stuff is gross.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:43 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times

No. I only stock up on food and paper goods. As long as I rotate they never go to waste.

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? If I couldn't use something my stepdaughter would get first dibs and then I would donate it.

I ask what they need and bring it. If they say nothing I will bring a bottle of wine or a dessert.

That a girl, me, from Long Island would turn into a woman who "loves" living the country life.

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? Not since the 80's.

What is your favorite potato chip ? I don't eat chips.

Lemonade: Yay or Nay Yay but not often.

International Ask A Question Day !!!!! How is everyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics