Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 PM

167 posts, read 396,453 times

Advertisements

Things are actually better now than nearly a month ago. I would like to vent about the recent swine flu outbreak. If this day and age couldn't get any worse, a Mexican originated virus breaks into the United States and has infected people within one week's time! While I was working on my electronics reading and notetaking for school, I was informed by my study pal's sister that a case of swine flu was reported in Chicago.
I had a feeling this was going to happen. I noticed Indiana had a case a few days ago. I don't know what part of Indiana had the case. I am worried but since I am so irked over current events and won't watch the news, I am going to say "F--- YOU!" to the world and continue my daily routines of nature walks, loving my loved ones, and continuing my education. I just finished a three year depression in early February and I do not want it back.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:56 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Thumbs down Rebates

I got my rebate refund check from the manufacture of a product in the mail. However it was short a couple of bucks for some reason or another. Mrs Aks bought three bottles of a product in the grocery store and each bottle had a rebate coupon on it. She mailed them in with a copy of the cash register receipt; each item circled, and provided the return name and address correctly. Three were bought but only two got a rebate. I called the company and talked with them ~ they said they’ll gladly send me another check for the correct amount missing.

Mrs. Aks took the original check into the credit union where she has access during the day and they wouldn’t cash the check ~ they said that a very large rebate company just went bankrupted and that they didn’t want to get stuck with the loss on this check. It's only a small check worth $5 bucks!

So the check is assumed “worthless”. Now I have to call the rebate company again and see if they are or are not the one that when bankrupt?

Old 05-02-2009, 05:54 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Can someone please tell me how a person can justify continuing smoking a pack plus a day while undergoing chemo for cancer? I am completely dumbfounded.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:13 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Can someone please tell me how a person can justify continuing smoking a pack plus a day while undergoing chemo for cancer? I am completely dumbfounded.
nerves. I don't get either. I ask a friend of mine who was doing about the same thing and she said... "it helps to keep me calm with all the stress and pain of chemo."

Kind of defeats the purpose. surpising thing is some doctors wont stand for it if they find out and other will just figure they can't make people change shrug and make money off the poor saps.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:52 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Quote:
I've seen this too and have trouble with it. I'm really anti-smoking in the first place, though. It seems like folks diagnosed with lung cancer are especially prone to this behavior. For one thing, they are addicted to smoking - cancer doesn't make it easier to kick the habit. For another, many patients feel hopeless and don't want to deny themselves the comfort/pleasure of smoking when they expect to die anyway. Bleak, I know, but those are my impressions as to why people keep smoking even after a cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:14 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Yard work I trimmed and cut the trees in the front and a couple of bushes in the back. Put all the clippings into the trashcan. Now I'm tired from the work and the heat of the day. I know that the trees will grow some more and I'll have to do it all over again!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
I go to the restaurant with my 3 year old granddaughter. I can tell our server seems not to want to be working. We order and at the end I ask for 1/2 slice of pie for my granddaughter and to please box up the other half.

The server brings me a whole pie boxed up with 1 whole piece missing which is given to my granddaughter. I look at the bill and see I am charged for a whole pie. I say, "I didn't ask for a pie to go. I asked that you cut one piece in half and box up the other." She says, "Oh, you don't want it now?" Then gives me the biggest sarcastic smirk with her mouth stretched in a fake smile as far as she can widen it and says with gritted teeth, "Sure, I'll do it right away." I am pissed!! I say quite loudly, "You have a crummy attitude." She says, completely undaunted, "I"ll get my manager." The manager comes over smiling and tells me he has taken off the bill the cost of the pie and the piece of pie that my granddaughter was eating. I tell him that I was willing to give the server a pass on her attitude at the beginning because I felt she might be overworked, but that she is very sarcastic and has a horrible attitude. He says, "We'll work with her." Yeah, I was pissed.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,504,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I wonder if trying to stop them by of painting out the graffiti we wouldn’t be better off to add a little comment to their works of art? Example: they spray paint the words “NorthSide” or “Bloods” and we add our own little touch to their work by painting next to it or just below it ~ “are sissy boys” or “are bed wetters”. They may not like the additions to their work anymore then we like to see their names painted. I’m sure that it could bring a laugh to all of those who drive by and see it. LOL The kids who do this would surely think about going elsewhere instead of our neighborhood.

At some point in time we would have to paint out all of it anyway but it might get their attention that they don't want to paint my wall or fence.
DS #1 just informed us of the difference between graffiti and a mural ...
ZONING

Old 05-07-2009, 07:58 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
How about the person who drives to a Chiropractor due to injuries from a car accident. I am completely dumbfounded as well.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Instructions to buying ANYTHING electronic.

My new black box for my TV still sits there. I tried twice to figure out how to get it working and gave up!

My instruction manual to my cell phone. Why oh why oh why can't these manuals be more user-friendly or idiot-friendly!

The instructions to my computer or printer? Well, let's just not go there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics