Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 06:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

The stress & venting thread ~ for everyone.

There always seems to be a day now and then [sometimes too often] that stress and frustration is too much to handle. Those days are miserable to deal with. Sometimes it’s just a little insignificant item but it brings us stress for the moment, other times it’s far more involved and longer lasting. In any case one of the best ways to eliminate stress or frustration is to bring it out into the open, say something about it to someone else. They may not have an answer but it always feels good to share a problem with others ~ seems to cut the problem in half and you feel better just talking about it.

If this works, this might be a good new thread to VENT ~ vent your problem each day and unload it from your mind, less stress makes for a happier you in the end. Keep in mind that no one will have an answer to your problem, there are no fixes here, and no solutions to the big issue you have, but you’ll know that it’s not stressing you any longer [or as much]. Heck you might even get lucky and someone has an answer to your dilemma! Who knows,,,,,, there are no guarantees.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:10 PM

Unhappy .

I’ll go first,,,,, I’m tired of getting those notices in the mail that remind me I should take the vehicle in for servicing. I know when to have it serviced, they don’t need to remind me, in fact they don’t know how far I drove it the past several months anyway so why mail me a reminder. This seems to give me a little heartburn when I open the mailbox in the afternoon and get the mail. ~ Now that it’s out of my system I feel better about the afternoon and evening and will enjoy the rest of the day.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:12 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,612,735 times
After having a horrible day at work, I have decided that stupid people stress me more than anything!!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:18 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’ll go first,,,,, I’m tired of getting those notices in the mail that remind me I should take the vehicle in for servicing. I know when to have it serviced, they don’t need to remind me, in fact they don’t know how far I drove it the past several months anyway so why mail me a reminder. This seems to give me a little heartburn when I open the mailbox in the afternoon and get the mail. ~ Now that it’s out of my system I feel better about the afternoon and evening and will enjoy the rest of the day.
I can't blame ya Aksarben, the only time I take my vehicles in for service is when they break down... Thankfully, this hasn't happened with my Nissan SUV, which I've had for a little over 7 years now, and it has 58,000 miles on it now. My Dodge truck is fairly new, with only 28,000 miles on it, so it's got a long way to go before something can go wrong.

Maybe you meant to say maintenance, like oil changes, tune-ups, alignment, etc. I don't get those, but I know what you mean.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:26 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Sometimes the best way to vent out stress is to yell out profanities, so here it goes....

Son of a %$&&$, %%$&*#, $@%&&%%, %&&%1#, ##*$&%, **$!!@, %_-~!@@... Oh, and @@%**!@!!!!

Oh, I mispelled ##*$&%, it's *#*$&%

Old 03-16-2009, 06:48 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Sometimes the best way to vent out stress is to yell out profanities, so here it goes....
I think I went the wrong way then! I just drink a whole lot! Or is that because I like beer.... Hmmmm....

Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
I just like to sit n the closet and rock back and forth mumbling cuss words while drinking beer

Old 03-16-2009, 08:06 PM

Ok,,, now that I watched the evening news on TV my next item of stress is A I G

How can I get one of those jobs? lol

Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Ok,,, now that I watched the evening news on TV my next item of stress is A I G

How can I get one of those jobs? lol
I'm sorry, but it would require major surgery before you'd qualify. You would have to have your conscience surgically removed before you could work in a position like that. And while it may not be worth millions of dollars, none of us would like you without your conscience nearly as much as we like you with it.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Hey! Wanna know what this thread reminds me of? Do you remember my thread from a couple of years ago called the "What burns me booth"?

I came across it the other day and spent an hour reading over all the posts and cracking up! It was also a little upsetting because it made me burn dinner and I never burn dinner! Well worth it, though!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics