Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 03:23 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,646,955 times

Advertisements

People who attack the messenger instead of facing actual facts in todays society, especially with regard to injustices.

Guess the dumbing down by mass media in America has finally reached its apex.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:28 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,646,955 times
Post loan shark Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^^ Bankers are not far from the days of the past. Wasn’t it the Longshoremen’s union that provided short term loans and they simply broke a leg if you didn’t pay them back 50% interest each month.
remember Lee J. Cobb in "On the Waterfront"

A pussycat compared to the likes of hank paulson and jaime dimon/JPMorgan

Old 06-16-2012, 03:18 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,806,283 times
I went to the garden center to buy a rhododendron. I'm tired of fighting weeds and plant eating bugs, so I'm clearing another section of my flower garden and putting in a bush.
I also saw a small mock orange shrub, which I love, and bought it too. What was I thinking? Now I'll have to find someplace to plant it.
I also bought a 6 pack of dwarf snapdragons, seeing as how one of the ones I planted a couple of weeks ago has been eaten down to the stem and another two look kind of iffy.

So----I go get my trowel and prepare to plant a replacement snapdragon. I pulled out the chewed up stem, dug a hole, and a swarm of beastly looking bugs starts scooting about in the dirt. Now I know what probably ate the little plant. I'd seen those bugs before a few years ago when I dug out a dying azalea. I sprayed insect killer in the affected area and moved on to check out a chewed up dahlia nearby. It should have been at least 1 foot tall, only something kept eating off the leaves. I accidentally broke off the largest stalk trying to untangle it from the little fence I was staking it with.
As I toted the broken stalk through the backyard to toss it into the woods I noticed that the deer had returned and had eaten the rest of the tops off my phlox. This in spite of the fact that I had sprayed it all with hot pepper wax so that it would be unpalatable to the deer and some insects.
As I stood there, staring at the phlox, I noticed that more of the tips had been chewed off my fairy rose. (I had sprayed that with pepper wax too).
The flower buds on some of the astilbe were also now missing, as were the tops of several black eyed susans.
I went to check the damage in another part of the garden, and found that not only did the deer snack there too, but something was burrowing among the daisies. I stomped down the tunnels in disgust.
The section where black eyes susans have been coming up on their own for the past 7 years now has only a few plants and a mess of baby weeds have sprouted since we've had all this rain rain rain.

I picked up my trowel, and the 6 pack of dwarf snapdragons and put everything away, played a game of solitaire and read a book.

I dared not vent about my garden travail in the garden section, because there are people over there who think I should plant something the deer like to eat so they'll leave my flowers alone. ??????????????
The deer LOVE to eat phlox and other flowers. It's dessert!!!!!!
DH just says I should happy we don't get moose in our yard.
Thank goodness the moose choose to stay in the woods on the other side of the river, and see no need to swim over here.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 PM

33,034 posts, read 36,620,697 times
I've had a really crummy week. I mentioned this to someone earlier this evening... and received this in return. I keep clicking the button.

Old Spice | Devastating Explosions, at the Touch of a Button

Old 06-16-2012, 10:16 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,634,197 times
finding the right balance of giving to others and quiet time alone is not easy.
i tend to do the pendulum. nobody said it would be easy breezy.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:10 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,360,333 times
guy's who know to suchie-muchie to stop and ask for direction: know it all son who messes shiddd up and then run's to mama to fix what he broke? I am getting tired of it. My kid googled what he thought might be wrong with MY CAR and then googled how to fix it and attempted to do it. Well he did manage to get the car home, but now I need a mechanic and I am wondering how much is his fix it job going to cost in repair bills. I think I am going to have to stop him from driving. I hate chauffeuring him around... I am thinking about some tough love.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:23 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,275,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The stress & venting thread ~ for everyone.
There always seems to be a day now and then [sometimes too often] that stress and frustration is too much to handle. Those days are miserable to deal with. Sometimes it’s just a little insignificant item but it brings us stress for the moment, other times it’s far more involved and longer lasting. In any case one of the best ways to eliminate stress or frustration is to bring it out into the open, say something about it to someone else. They may not have an answer but it always feels good to share a problem with others ~ seems to cut the problem in half and you feel better just talking about it.
If this works, this might be a good new thread to VENT ~ vent your problem each day and unload it from your mind, less stress makes for a happier you in the end. Keep in mind that no one will have an answer to your problem, there are no fixes here, and no solutions to the big issue you have, but you’ll know that it’s not stressing you any longer [or as much]. Heck you might even get lucky and someone has an answer to your dilemma! Who knows,,,,,, there are no guarantees.
Well, here I go! Last week, I made a trip to a local Michael's craft store to pick up some of my favorite craft things. I am retired so I was in no particular hurry to be anywhere. I get in line at the check out and am behind this young woman with a gorgeous baby boy named Gavin so now I have something else to distract me while I wait. The check out clerk was perhaps mid 40's and seemed a little disoriented while checking this woman out. Here is what happened:
Woman in front of me buys t-shirts to decorate for a party - buy one get one free. They are 5.99 each. The clerk rings them up 5.99 each then tells the woman the sale is only for the smaller sizes. WHAT?? The woman say, well I don't want them.
Next.....She purchase a stamper to stamp designs on the T Shirts..buy one get one half price. One of them was $24.99. The clerk says "Well, half of $24.99 is $8.00, see it took the discount"..duh..ok..since when was half of 24.99 $8.00??? Again, this woman says, I don't want it them.
Next.....she has a 50% off coupon on certain purchases...register doesn't take the 50% off and this clerk can't figure out why. Instead of working with this woman who is now trying to control her fussy baby, she gets "flip" with her.
OK..transaction in front of me is now a total mess, but I am still ok waiting..look behind me and line is halfway down the aisle in the store with no Manager anywhere to come rescue this clerk or the customers.

My turn!! I get up to the register and this check out clerk begins to slam my stuff around then gives me this wretched dirty look over her glasses. I say to her, "Don't you be lookin at me like that"...she then says something else to me and I lose it..."I am 64 years old and don't need any crap from you" I tell her. She got REAL quiet as did the rest of the line and proceeded to do her work. Still no manager. Moral to this story....no more Michaels' for my craft supplies and no more rude cashiers. By the way...cashier was middle aged, AMERICAN who probably only needed a part time job to begin with and should quit so some kid looking for work between semesters can take her job and do it with a little more class. I have NEVER, not EVER lost my cool in public before...guess my "edit" button got stuck or something! Geesh.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 AM

4,975 posts, read 9,534,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Well, here I go! Last week, I made a trip to a local Michael's craft store to pick up some of my favorite craft things. I am retired so I was in no particular hurry to be anywhere. I get in line at the check out and am behind this young woman with a gorgeous baby boy named Gavin so now I have something else to distract me while I wait. The check out clerk was perhaps mid 40's and seemed a little disoriented while checking this woman out. Here is what happened:
Woman in front of me buys t-shirts to decorate for a party - buy one get one free. They are 5.99 each. The clerk rings them up 5.99 each then tells the woman the sale is only for the smaller sizes. WHAT?? The woman say, well I don't want them.
Next.....She purchase a stamper to stamp designs on the T Shirts..buy one get one half price. One of them was $24.99. The clerk says "Well, half of $24.99 is $8.00, see it took the discount"..duh..ok..since when was half of 24.99 $8.00??? Again, this woman says, I don't want it them.
Next.....she has a 50% off coupon on certain purchases...register doesn't take the 50% off and this clerk can't figure out why. Instead of working with this woman who is now trying to control her fussy baby, she gets "flip" with her.
OK..transaction in front of me is now a total mess, but I am still ok waiting..look behind me and line is halfway down the aisle in the store with no Manager anywhere to come rescue this clerk or the customers.

My turn!! I get up to the register and this check out clerk begins to slam my stuff around then gives me this wretched dirty look over her glasses. I say to her, "Don't you be lookin at me like that"...she then says something else to me and I lose it..."I am 64 years old and don't need any crap from you" I tell her. She got REAL quiet as did the rest of the line and proceeded to do her work. Still no manager. Moral to this story....no more Michaels' for my craft supplies and no more rude cashiers. By the way...cashier was middle aged, AMERICAN who probably only needed a part time job to begin with and should quit so some kid looking for work between semesters can take her job and do it with a little more class. I have NEVER, not EVER lost my cool in public before...guess my "edit" button got stuck or something! Geesh.

I will trade problems. I lost my job this week. No one supports me. I put up with a lot more than that stuff where I worked, too.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,963,193 times
Three straight days in a row driving on the highway with a spouse isn't safe! You could easily have an accident while driving; simple things like where to eat, which way to turn, pass or don't pass, time to take a break, where to stay the night, etc etc etc will become overwhelming in 8 ~ 10 hours.

And then there are the "other" drivers on the highway.

ONE more day and it's home!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,069,789 times
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Ok ... Had to get that scream out there ... I had a really rough day at work and even cried a little during my lunch break ... I need my own office and had to relocate TWICE when I had NO time to even catch up on my work then finally I found an office where I can access the network but my colleague who's on vacation left her office a mess ... I had no where to store my stuff. Fortunately, my supervisor came in and cleaned up while I was out to lunch ... I just need my own work space cause this sharing offices isn't working
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics