Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,968,488 times

Advertisements

^^^^^
Just got a quick idea if it might work? Most fast food stores with a drive thru have “security video cameras” on who is coming and going during the day. Is it possible that this store has a security camera that would be able to check and see “who’s car received the debit card and what license plate number was on it? This would be a big help in identifying the other customer. They could have the authorities run the license number and check out this person. I would call the district manager back and ask about the security video! It might be something that was overlooked by them.

Nine out of ten people when handed back a debit card that isn’t theirs would hand it back to the employee and tell them that they made a mistake. This is the ONE who could have and didn’t.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,072,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
So I got up early to run some errands. Stopped at a fast food joint and hit the drive thru. A place I dont really care for but the traffic is crazy and it was close to my next stop. My first mistake. They were busy and had people running out and bringing drinks and taking payments so by the time you got to the window your order is ready. They hand me my food and Im waiting for my debit card. The kid in the window just looks at me like what do you want. I ask for my debit card. He gives me a blank look, converses with his manager who is actually running the window. He goes pale and then informs me that they accidentally gave my card to the car in front of me, which of course is gone by now.

The kid apologizes and assures me that the other customer will probably return my card. Really? I dont about you but Im just not that freaking trusting. The kid looked like he was on the verge of tears (probably because the manager made him break the news to me) but the manager who actually gave out my card didnt seem to sweat it. The kid asked for my name and phone number. So I had to drive to my bank, cancel my card and order a new one. Just what I wanted no debit card the week of Thanksgiving. Also I ordered something online and it hasnt processed yet. I asked the bank if they would deny the purchase now since I used that card. They assured me that it probably was already authorized and would still process. We shall see. So I leave the bank without getting cash, go to the next store to pick up a few things. Daa...I dont have my debit card on me.

I come home, no phone call. So whoever was given my card hasn't called the fast food joint to say they have it. My bank assured me that if any charges are made I wont be responsible. Well great, they probably wouldnt have a chance anyway since it was less than 15 min. when the whole situation occured but still dont like the feeling of someone out there having my card. Oh and my meal sucked like I knew it would.
I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. Stuff like this makes me glad I stop using my debit card for anything but groceries and ATM withdrawals .. I use my credit card for other purchases because at least I won't be held responsible for the fraudulent charges ... That's one of the only two things I like about BOA ...

Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,194,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^^^
Just got a quick idea if it might work? Most fast food stores with a drive thru have “security video cameras” on who is coming and going during the day. Is it possible that this store has a security camera that would be able to check and see “who’s car received the debit card and what license plate number was on it? This would be a big help in identifying the other customer. They could have the authorities run the license number and check out this person. I would call the district manager back and ask about the security video! It might be something that was overlooked by them.

Nine out of ten people when handed back a debit card that isn’t theirs would hand it back to the employee and tell them that they made a mistake. This is the ONE who could have and didn’t.
Well the saga continues. I got a bad feeling later this evening and decided to check my bank online. Sure enough 800 bucks is missing. Called the after hours number at my bank and they didnt put a ban on the card like they promised. The person the fast food joint gave my card too went on a major shopping spree. So I had to go to the police station to file a report. They said they will look into camera shots. I called the fast food joint and they do have cameras but none point at the back of cars to get plate numbers. I have no idea if they will be able to catch this person. The police said they will do their best. So now I have to try and get my money back. The bank says I will but will it before Thanksgiving? Probably not. This totally ruins my plans for the weekend. This person went to a toy store, several major dept. stores. Probably fulfilled her xmas list.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,072,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Well the saga continues. I got a bad feeling later this evening and decided to check my bank online. Sure enough 800 bucks is missing. Called the after hours number at my bank and they didnt put a ban on the card like they promised. The person the fast food joint gave my card too went on a major shopping spree. So I had to go to the police station to file a report. They said they will look into camera shots. I called the fast food joint and they do have cameras but none point at the back of cars to get plate numbers. I have no idea if they will be able to catch this person. The police said they will do their best. So now I have to try and get my money back. The bank says I will but will it before Thanksgiving? Probably not. This totally ruins my plans for the weekend. This person went to a toy store, several major dept. stores. Probably fulfilled her xmas list.
I pray that this gets resolved quickly. *hugs*

Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,434,259 times
Falling Water, I am so, so sorry. What a mess.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,968,488 times
^^^^ Things couldn't have been worse! Soo sorry to hear the bad news.......... I'd be back on that phone with the store manager and asking when they will be taking action on this problem that they caused! Also WHY they don't have at least ONE security camera pointed at the license plate of cars? That's stupid for not doing it.

The only good news from all this is that it's a lesson for ALL of US ~ Never to allow the debit or credit card OUT of OUR SIGHT.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,851,090 times
Leave it to me to come down with a stomach virus or food poisoning the day before Thanksgiving. I've been puking my guts out and too sick and shaky to bake my pie and prepare the mashed potatoes. I hope it passes before tomorrow!

Old 11-21-2012, 04:37 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,462,265 times
My daughter is in a stupid long distance relationship...I told her she should be dating different people...but no....why listen to me?

Old 11-21-2012, 04:46 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,766,576 times
fallingwater ~ that is horrible and they should be held responsible. How stupid.

We never had out card stolen but someone sure got our numbers and although I live in MA someone in TX was using our card (they made their own) to the tune of 2600 which was our mortgage money and then some and it was a long weekend. Stay on them it may be a bit before you get you money back though. It is a process unfortunately.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:57 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,742,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Leave it to me to come down with a stomach virus or food poisoning the day before Thanksgiving. I've been puking my guts out and too sick and shaky to bake my pie and prepare the mashed potatoes. I hope it passes before tomorrow!
Aw,sorry your not feeling well. Hope tomorrow will be a brighter day for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics