Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 10:55 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,516,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Yeah...I just printed off a coupon from my favourite clothing store which is having a pre Boxing Day sale today, and I have the afternoon off. But, there is only one store in the city at the city's busiest mall. I am sitting here looking at this coupon...knowing that the mall parking lot is going to be filled with crazy people.
Better stay here with us. We are definitely NOT crazy.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:22 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,997,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Well not compared to those at the malls today.

How much do you save with the coupon, TG? Is it worth the potential stress and hassle? Are they going to have any online sales? Good luck if you go out and face that crazy crowd, just be careful!

I should have probably gone to the store today so I have a few more choices through the weekend. Maybe in the morning I'll go to the little nothing town in Missouri. Never a crowd there. Though in morning I may feel like saying to hell with it, especially if I don't sleep all night again.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,283,117 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:28 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,516,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Speak for yourself.
I was speaking for myself.

And for you.

And for everyone else here.

After all, we have enough going for us that we know that this is the place to be!

Old 12-23-2011, 02:39 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,257,882 times
Minor vent but annoying. I would like to have a loose tea infuser spoon. Last year stores in Lake City, Florida had none. This year stores in Tampa area have none. It is apparently one of those things missing in Florida, like a train system. Another thing I haven't found yet is an extension chord with a flat head.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:45 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,623,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
It's funny how it is around here, 45 miles up the road from my vet it will be up to 25 cents cheaper a gallon. Then 15 miles east of that small town my vet is in the same quick shop store will charge another nickel a gallon for it. Maybe its a tax thing to some degree, though you can bet around the holidays it won't be going down any.

The prices in Iowa are cheaper for that ethanol mix but I don't think its good for cars, no matter what some might say and you get worse mpg too. In Missouri the prices for unleaded and the ethanol crap are the same. It's usually cheaper there than in in the rural Iowa towns. Des Moines has always been even more than around my rural area for gas, I don't really get that either. I don't know how some families do it, with everything so expensive. Milk and gas about the same price, which do they choose.

We spent 805 Billion on the war and gas is still over 3 bucks a gallon. I can think of countless better uses for that money.
gas at Kroger is 2.50 in Ne Tennessee, but is bcs I had 900 value points on my grocery card, and they discount your gas.

Plus I let the ex use it, since I currently dont have a car (He totaled it in DUI) lol....guess im a good girl. I have no bitterness...

I did buy him a bottle of 100 proof moonshine

Old 12-23-2011, 03:53 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,283,117 times
Quote:
I was speaking for myself.

And for you.

And for everyone else here.

After all, we have enough going for us that we know that this is the place to be!
YOu got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
Minor vent but annoying. I would like to have a loose tea infuser spoon. Last year stores in Lake City, Florida had none. This year stores in Tampa area have none. It is apparently one of those things missing in Florida, like a train system. Another thing I haven't found yet is an extension chord with a flat head.
You'd think, with all the senior citizens down here that it would be a stocked item!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
gas at Kroger is 2.50 in Ne Tennessee, but is bcs I had 900 value points on my grocery card, and they discount your gas.

Plus I let the ex use it, since I currently dont have a car (He totaled it in DUI) lol....guess im a good girl. I have no bitterness...

Hmmm... my bff would say that's a bit passive aggressive!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,920,491 times
Angry .

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
It's funny how it is around here, 45 miles up the road from my vet it will be up to 25 cents cheaper a gallon. Then 15 miles east of that small town my vet is in the same quick shop store will charge another nickel a gallon for it. Maybe its a tax thing to some degree, though you can bet around the holidays it won't be going down any.

The prices in Iowa are cheaper for that ethanol mix but I don't think its good for cars, no matter what some might say and you get worse mpg too. In Missouri the prices for unleaded and the ethanol crap are the same. It's usually cheaper there than in in the rural Iowa towns. Des Moines has always been even more than around my rural area for gas, I don't really get that either. I don't know how some families do it, with everything so expensive. Milk and gas about the same price, which do they choose.

We spent 805 Billion on the war and gas is still over 3 bucks a gallon. I can think of countless better uses for that money.
Quote:

U.S. Oil industries Exporting gasoline offshore

Keeping the price at the pump high!

I didn’t want to bring this up however,,,,,,, Did you know that our oil companies have a surplus of “refined” (gas) and are shipping it off shore instead of putting it out on the U.S. market. Seems that way they can keep the price at the pump a little higher by not allowing the market to have a huge surplus of gas sitting around and the price drop lower.

Historically High Oil Exports Helping Keep Gas Prices High - Energy Intelligence (usnews.com)

America Becoming a Net Gasoline Exporter

Low demand for gasoline at home leads U.S. refineries to export more

Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,997,313 times
Quote:

Wow you are nice, If I had the ex in my sights, I'd be chasing her with my car. He totaled your car, and then you turn the other cheek, don't get another bruise from being too nice.

Well buying him the moonshine is a start, now just wait till he inhales it and is rocking back and forth on that top stair step. As you sing...Slip slidin away.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:57 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,202,862 times
The next time you decide to call me a N**ger, please get out of the car. Don't drive by with people in the car like a coward........pretending to be a badazz!

Pull the car over and get out, be a man and say it to my face!

That's my rant for today~!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics