Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Better stay here with us. We are definitely NOT crazy.
You are all awesome people

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Well not compared to those at the malls today. Not on any day Todd..you are all very cool people

How much do you save with the coupon, TG? Is it worth the potential stress and hassle? Are they going to have any online sales? Good luck if you go out and face that crazy crowd, just be careful!

I should have probably gone to the store today so I have a few more choices through the weekend. Maybe in the morning I'll go to the little nothing town in Missouri. Never a crowd there. Though in morning I may feel like saying to hell with it, especially if I don't sleep all night again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Speak for yourself.
You'll love this!!

I am baaack!!So I headed down to the mall, and it was worth it. Took me about ten minutes to find a spot; although I had a really long hike, but it was a very balmy 32F today, so it was a wonderful walk. I bought myself a beautiful cashmere coat regularly priced at $950. for $250. plus tax, and it was made in North America, which really made me happy. It's so soft, I feel like petting it. I got a skirt for work marked down from $225. for $29.99 and a top marked down from the same amount for $50.00. My son gave me gift certificates from this store for Christmas. It was a Boxing Day pre-shop (Boxing Day in Canuckaland is the same as Black Friday in the U.S.). A very nice gift from my son, indeed. If I had not been on their mailing list I would have received 40% off, and that would not have been worth the craziness. I finished off the rest of my shopping too. Everyone was very pleasant again today (other than one nasty lady--no room for her in this discussion).

Old 12-23-2011, 11:37 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
Good for you TG. Boxing Day seems a better term than Black Friday as so many people here fight over the material stuff on sale.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Good for you TG. Boxing Day seems a better term than Black Friday as so many people here fight over the material stuff on sale.
You're right!! People here are not always very nice on Boxing Day here, either. Civility seems to go out the window. The one shopper today that was most annoying (I was directly behind her) had returned an item to a department store and had negotiated a lower price (half) for her hassles. She then decided she wanted another discount for being inconvenienced at Christmas (as the line grew long and longer). The clerk was probably 16 or 17, and she told him to phone his manager. It took about 10-15 minutes for the manager to call back.

In the meantime, she went on and on, oblivious to a now incredibly long lineup. When the manager called the clerk back and the clerk explained the situation, we heard the manager say "whatever" to her request. She then continued to berate this young fellow, and told him she interpreted "whatever" as another 20%, which brought the price down to 70% off. So he did, well she said well snarkily "maybe you should just give it to me free". I told her that I did not appreciate her attitude towards the clerk, or her lack of thoughfulness, and greed. She got a few long stares walking by the lineup...I really felt for that young fellow. No wonder people working retail hate Christmas so much.

End of vent...

Old 12-24-2011, 03:02 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
You are all awesome people

You'll love this!!

I am baaack!!So I headed down to the mall, and it was worth it. Took me about ten minutes to find a spot; although I had a really long hike, but it was a very balmy 32F today, so it was a wonderful walk. I bought myself a beautiful cashmere coat regularly priced at $950. for $250. plus tax, and it was made in North America, which really made me happy. It's so soft, I feel like petting it. I got a skirt for work marked down from $225. for $29.99 and a top marked down from the same amount for $50.00. My son gave me gift certificates from this store for Christmas. It was a Boxing Day pre-shop (Boxing Day in Canuckaland is the same as Black Friday in the U.S.). A very nice gift from my son, indeed. If I had not been on their mailing list I would have received 40% off, and that would not have been worth the craziness. I finished off the rest of my shopping too. Everyone was very pleasant again today (other than one nasty lady--no room for her in this discussion).
Those are amazing sales! I've never seen a store give such low prices on quality items. What I've seen in the stores here is an absence of good quality fabrics. Most everything is crap carrying high price tags just because of the label. So I'm curious. What is the fabric of the skirt and top? Sounds like you go to work looking very nice!

Old 12-24-2011, 10:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Wow, taiga...you rock! Enjoy your presents to yourself. Well, in reality, your son's presents to you, but you bought 'em, right??

Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
Those are amazing sales! I've never seen a store give such low prices on quality items. What I've seen in the stores here is an absence of good quality fabrics. Most everything is crap carrying high price tags just because of the label. So I'm curious. What is the fabric of the skirt and top? Sounds like you go to work looking very nice!
Pure wool skirt, really nice quality. The top is a very nice matte jersey. Feels beautiful. I like to look nice at work. I will have this stuff for a long time. It's very classic stuff.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Wow, taiga...you rock! Enjoy your presents to yourself. Well, in reality, your son's presents to you, but you bought 'em, right??
Yes nms, I bought them!! He loves giving gift cards, and he usually has pretty good taste in the cards he buys. He likes nice things, but he is also bargain hunter for quality.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:22 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Pure wool skirt, really nice quality. The top is a very nice matte jersey. Feels beautiful. I like to look nice at work. I will have this stuff for a long time. It's very classic stuff.
Nothing better than 100% wool! It's excellent year round. Sounds like a very nice jersey, also. This last year is the first time I haven't been working in an office and usually better dressed than most coworkers who got away with looking as sloppy as dress code allowed.
Do we get any pics of you all dressed for work???

Old 12-24-2011, 01:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Wow you are nice, If I had the ex in my sights, I'd be chasing her with my car. He totaled your car, and then you turn the other cheek, don't get another bruise from being too nice.

Well buying him the moonshine is a start, now just wait till he inhales it and is rocking back and forth on that top stair step. As you sing...Slip slidin away.
lol. well I know my karmas all good...
He was slip sliding away the last five years...so is no prob.

Its super strong. ugh. but does the trick. he finished landscaping the acre (tons of leaves) in backyard, so id say it was a decent trade off.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Just got off the phone with my sister...she may be laid off due to departmental offshore out-sourcing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics