Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:51 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,610 times

Advertisements

boy, of all times not to be able to hang on the pc to answer the QOD...and read the responses. I'm waiting for an order confirmation so will have to come back later. but before my 45 seconds is up here's my country song:

"The ranch is always cluttered but at least my bisquits buttered."

Sorry. best I can do on short notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 11:56 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,935,926 times
Today's Question(s):

What's the most daring thing you have ever done ? Some would say jumping out of a perfectly good airplane... more than once. And some would say, riding my own motorcycle.

Bonus Question:

What was for breakfast today ? Nothing yet. I generally don't eat breakfast. I don't usually get hungry until around 3pm.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ? Yep.

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ? Never had to use it.

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite"? About 2 years ago. It wasn't a very successful flight.

What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song" Bowchickabowow.

Paella: Yay or Nay
I've never tried it ,but it looks delicious!

Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,103 times
Today's Question(s):

What's the most daring thing you have ever done ? hitch hike years ago when I was young and stupid. I was in Miami with friends and my one friend and I after a few drinks went hitch hiking. Boy, when I think of what could have happened.scares the crap out of me.

Bonus Question:

What was for breakfast today ? Yogart with oatmeal sprinkled and strawberries.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ? yeah, we have a couple but never can find them when we need them.

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite" never

What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song" "cowboys and indians getting along"??????

Paella: Yay or Nay Never had it.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 PM

24,479 posts, read 26,017,453 times
What's the most daring thing you have ever done ?
Had a tendency to jump from high places and now my legs/knees are feeling the pain.

Bonus Question:

What was for breakfast today ?
Coffee and OJ.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ?
Yep.

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ?
Depends, sometime it's hard to puncture the screw caps.

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite" ?
Many years ago, I parked one over LAX and the landing pilots reported it. Did get into trouble for it.

Ya, good stuff.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:57 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Today's Question(s):

What's the most daring thing you have ever done ? Some would say jumping out of a perfectly good airplane... more than once.
And some would say, riding my own motorcycle.

I don't know CanIBeYou, service on these airlines is getting inferior these days... they should at least land at the destination airports, and pull up to the gates to drop off passengers, instead of tellin' 'em to jump out while in the air...

Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 PM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song"

Me? Daring? Dont you mean what is the most daring thing I havent done?
Breakfast? I had Cream of Wheat and cinammon toast.
Title for a country song....how about 'Its 5:00 Somewhere'...oh, wait, theres already a song called that!
What the heck is paellea???

Old 03-27-2009, 01:03 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,611,034 times
Leaned out of the back seat car window and received a dollar from the person in the backseat of the car beside us - while both cars were going 55mph down the highway

Garlic biscuits and coffee

Yes

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ?
All in one piece

When was the last time you "flew a kite"
Long ago and without success

Beasts in the Garden

Nay

Last edited by AliceT; 03-27-2009 at 01:44 PM..

Old 03-27-2009, 01:05 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K
Today is:
Go Fly A Kite Day
So... I guess if I get in trouble today, people are gonna tell me to "Go Fly A Kite", instead of sending me to my room..

Old 03-27-2009, 01:16 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,540,413 times
Sorry for taking the day off yesterday, All. It was a l-o-n-g one...
Today's Question(s):

White water rafting in Idaho
Stared down an elephant in Krueger National Park, South Africa
Take to a U.S. highway...

Bonus Question:

Ummm, working nights, I'm not sure when breakfast is but, Mrs. Chief made polenta with a ham, creme and mushroom sauce. She sent me off to work with a ham n' cheese sesame bagel and lots of veggies. And we had a hamburger when I got home. Does ANY of this make sense to all of you that have normal jobs???

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ? Yep; several. Including one that has a grape vine for the handle!

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ? Nope; Mrs. C grew up on the Mosel River in Germany and taught me well!

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite" As a kid; sigh...

Y'all oughta hear my rendition of "You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Loose Wheel"...

Was one of the highlighs of my visits to Spain! (Along with the white bean soup!)

Today in History:
1790 - The shoelace invented Anyone else remember "Tyrone Shoelaces" from one of the Cheech & Chong albums...
1794 - U.S. Navy forms (and later, the USAF would teach 'em what a good thing aviation was!)
1860 - The device which, officially, is a “covered gimlet screw with a ‘T’ handle”, or corkscrew, was patented this day.
1866 - The urinal was invented and patented by Andrew Rankin (We have German friends that installed one in the guest bathroom in their home and it seems like a GREAT idea!)
1914 - 1st successful blood transfusion (in Brussels) Sigh...the lovely Mrs. C and I can't donate blood anymore; we lived in Europe when the "Mad Cow" scare happened. They're afraid we'll start "moo-ing", I guess...

Old 03-27-2009, 01:24 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,846 times
GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE....I AM HERE LATE AGAIN, BUT FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Today's Question(s):

The most DARING and STUPID thing I have ever done, is confront a Robber a long time ago at my deceased father business....

The robber came in to Rob the store and pointed a gun at my dad & the cashiers...I in turn kept a wood baseball bat always by my chair inside the office, and while the robber was pointing the gun at some of the cashiers and my dad the robber did not see the office door...So I came out and took a swing at the Robbers head and brought him down...Thank God, that when I hit him, the gun he held did not discharge and I was also glad he was by himself or else I would have been in SH*T CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE.
You never know, till things happen what you are capable of doing....the anger and fear plays weird things on your mind.

When the robber was in the floor...my dad and my other brother (both deceased now) Called the police and by the time they came, the robber was still out like a light and we had him tide up...

I do not advise anyone to do what I did that day... It was quite daring but very stupid from my part.

Bonus Question:

I had a very quick breakfast today.....Coffee and 2 donuts.

Extra Credit Question:

Yesssssssss, several

No issues here....the cork comes out all in one piece!!!

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite"

LOL...WOW...About 30 years ago...I was like 7 back then!!

"STUMP THE BUTTAH" lol...I DON'T KNOW...HHAHAHAHAHA

Paella: Yay or Nay .................YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics