Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:45 PM

24,479 posts, read 26,017,453 times

Advertisements

What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song" ?

Y'all haven't heard I'll get you yet you booger you by Nosey Nostrils and the Nine Nasty Nose Pickers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE....I AM HERE LATE AGAIN, BUT FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Today's Question(s):

What's the most daring thing you have ever done ?

The most DARING and STUPID thing I have ever done, is confront a Robber a long time ago at my deceased father business....

The robber came in to Rob the store and pointed a gun at my dad & the cashiers...I in turn kept a wood baseball bat always by my chair inside the office, and while the robber was pointing the gun at some of the cashiers and my dad the robber did not see the office door...So I came out and took a swing at the Robbers head and brought him down...Thank God, that when I hit him, the gun he held did not discharge and I was also glad he was by himself or else I would have been in SH*T CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE.
You never know, till things happen what you are capable of doing....the anger and fear plays weird things on your mind.

I do not advise anyone to do what I did that day... It was quite daring but very stupid from my part.

Thank God you were able to bring this robber down, ECG - You also have to remember the old saying "Don't bring a baseball bat to a gun fight"...

I am a strong believer in the Second Amendment and self-defense, and I keep a firearm with me, and if I were to be confronted with an armed robber like that, the guy would only get a free ride to the morgue.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:04 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
Today's Question(s):

Goodness, many years ago in my wild days, a friend and I saw a drug transaction between 2 limos in a grocery store parking lot. When one limo left we followed the limo. The limo ended up going down a street that suddenly ended. The limo stopped an a group of the largest men I have ever seen came at us. My friend whisked her tiny Toyota Corolla around and we flew out of there.
Bonus Question:

What was for breakfast today ?
I didn't have breakfast.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ?
Nope.
Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ?
I have done both, just depends on how good I get that first try.
Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite"
It has been a long time. My kite flying days are over lol.
What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song"
Wannabe Cowboy
Paella: Yay or Nay
Yay

Old 03-27-2009, 03:05 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,610 times
I was a rookie tech watching a cardio cath procedure and still not sure of what I was seeing. The MD was supposed to pick up a syringe of contrast solution, but he picked up a syringe of lidocaine instead. It was getting closer & closer to the port and no one was saying anything. It was only a matter of seconds but felt like an eternity. Who knows? Maybe he would have looked down and caught it before it was too late, or one of the other techs or nurses would have said something.

But my skin was clammy and my insides were shouting at me "he's about to inject it - what if you're right???". So I coughed. Loud, like I was embarrassed that something was caught in my throat. It was enough for him to look up. When he looked back down, he saw what was in his hand and didn't say a word. He put it down, picked up the right one and finished the procedure. When it was done and everyone was heading out, he looked at me & said, "your job is to watch my a$$". Guess who sells flowers now instead?

What was for breakfast today ?
Dunkin turbo and a peanut butter oatmeal bar.

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ? Several.

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ?
Usually all in one pc. If not, I blame it on the cork being too dry!

When was the last time you "flew a kite"
Aruba. Late 90's with hubby. Good times.

Paella: Yay or Nay
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 03:12 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song" ?

Y'all haven't heard I'll get you yet you booger you by Nosey Nostrils and the Nine Nasty Nose Pickers?
LOL... Thanks for that thought MotorMaker... I'll have to think about those lyrics, while eating lunch ...

Old 03-27-2009, 04:47 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
Today's Question(s):

What's the most daring thing you have ever done ? Over 30 years ago I opened the door with my then girlfriend's dad, a deputy sheriff, standing there. He came to inform me of the results of her doctor's visit that morning!

Bonus Question:

What was for breakfast today ? Honey Nut Cheerios!

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ? Nope. Don't drink!

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ? Never even tried! Friend of mine in college should have owned stock in the alcohol industry. Was given a bottle with a cork but had no corkscrew. After the cork broke off when he tried the old cowboy "bite the cork" routine, he poked a hole in the cork big enough for a straw! lol

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite" Been a few years but always enjoyed it!

What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song" "His heart says he loves you but his ears say quit singing!"

Paella: Yay or Nay Never had any of it

Old 03-27-2009, 07:01 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
It's not too daring, but for me it was, I called up one of the local weathermen and asked him if I could come photograph him for my photography class and he said yes and we got to watch 6:00 news live in the studio, great fun.
Breakfast was Post Grape Nuts
No cork screw need.
Country song..........."I' Love to Love Ya Baby, But My Dog Don't Like Ya"
I flew a kite about 16 years ago with my husband (he was my boyfriend then).
Never had paella

Old 03-27-2009, 08:29 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,611,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
if I were to be confronted with an armed robber like that, the guy would only get a free ride to the morgue.
Mike, you are a kinder person than I could ever be. I too, believe in the 2nd amendment, but I prefer to let such dirt bags live - but will shoot out their family jewels so they can't reproduce....and they will forever have to pee out of a plastic tube protruding from their loin. I guess it's a woman thing.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:40 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,506,066 times
Today's Question(s):

I would say probably when I sang "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning" in the variety show in front of the grandstand at the county fair back in 2002. That may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but you need to realize that by that time, both our kids were through college and this was the first "major" appearance I did solo. My very first solo performance had been 2 lines in one song a community choir was performing about 3 months earlier.

Bonus Question:

What was for breakfast today ? McDonald's # 12 with a medium Hi-C Orange drink. I ws running a little late on the way to work and I could eat that in the car. For some reason it's hard to eat a bowl of Cheerios while you are driving.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have a corkscrew in your home ? Yes we do.

Are you able to remove the cork in one piece or do you have "cork removal issues" ? Since the only time we need to use one is when the kids are home, we always turn the "honor" over to one of them. So no, I have no "cork removal issues" .

Just for fun :

When was the last time you "flew a kite" Probably 20 years ago, although I have been instructed to "Go Fly A Kite" many times since then.

What "Quirky" title would you come up with for a "Country Song" I'm having trouble coming up with a name right now, but since so many country songs talk of heartaches and troubles, I'm sure it would involve rain and overflowing toilets and bathtubs.

Paella: Yay or Nay I don't know. Our "Spanish Rice" was made with a tomato sauce and hamburger. We would have it for lunch about once a month when I was in elementary school.

Have a great weekend everyone. They are calling for rain turning to snow here. I think right now I wouldn't mind the snow.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:51 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Mike, you are a kinder person than I could ever be. I too, believe in the 2nd amendment, but I prefer to let such dirt bags live - but will shoot out their family jewels so they can't reproduce....and they will forever have to pee out of a plastic tube protruding from their loin. I guess it's a woman thing.
WOW!. Today's lesson, boys and girls, is "don't mess with AliceT"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics