Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 08:33 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,225,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I don't get as many chances to flirt.
And women have even fewer since we outnumber the available men in our age group by a large margin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,443,422 times
That is very true! We men become valuable property the older we get. As long as we're
in nice condition, especially if we keep our hair, teeth, and whatnot........ Judy says "if I
died David, would you seek another?" "Not till after the funeral my dove, I don't want to
have people gossiping about me." I said. Cue then to run quick before she has a good think.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:15 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,684,590 times
Quote:

You need to get out more!

When I lived in Phoenix, we heard stories from nearby Sun City retirement community. If a wife passed away, before she was cold, the local women would be at the door with fresh made pies in hand for the new widow. Maybe you should relocate?

E.D. What would she do without YOU?

By the way, so many times while standing in line at the grocery store I feel the cart behind me getting pushed into my legs. When I turn to see what is going on, there is an older guy behind the cart. So, is he telling me that I'm too slow, does he want attention, or is he just being a jerk? Why do men feel it necessary to do that? After that happening enough times, I ignor it the first time, second time, I push back.

I don't know about men becoming valuable property but I heard they do look for someone to "mother" them as time goes on.

Some women on the other hand become cougars so things are always flip flopped around.

Everyone: HAPPY NEW YEAR! Be healthy. You do remember it is New Year's Eve?

Last edited by Heidi60; 12-31-2011 at 11:38 AM..

Old 12-31-2011, 07:09 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,341,723 times
U can't eat any and everything and ur body let's u know it immediately...

Old 12-31-2011, 07:57 PM

866 posts, read 1,139,247 times
It took me 4 hours to rake up leaves today in the front yard ONLY...
the lot is only 50 x 150 including the house and driveway...didn't touch the driveway or back yard...will leave those for next spring if at all...
I now feel like I've been run over by a steam roller...that backed up and ran me over again just to make sure he didn't miss a spot the first time...

Old 12-31-2011, 08:18 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,277,324 times
Quote:
SURE you do! I'm online quite a bit and my crush factor on the NOMAD runs high.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:20 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,277,324 times
I drank 6 whole beers. It's 10:20 PM and I know I won't make it until midnight.

As per the thread.....You know you are old when you no longer CARE that you are going to bed at 10:30 PM! (Actually, I plan to rent a movie, but doubt I'll stay awake through the whole thing.)

Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,684,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
It took me 4 hours to rake up leaves today in the front yard ONLY...
the lot is only 50 x 150 including the house and driveway...didn't touch the driveway or back yard...will leave those for next spring if at all...
I now feel like I've been run over by a steam roller...that backed up and ran me over again just to make sure he didn't miss a spot the first time...
You Texas people are spoiled!

Have you shoveled snow in the dead of winter or milked the cows when the temps are well below zero? Pushing a car through the snow is a lot of fun also.

Hopefully, you are feeling better in the new year. Don't do too much as the leaves will still be there later or maybe they will blow away, like we all do.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,225,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I drank 6 whole beers. It's 10:20 PM and I know I won't make it until midnight.

As per the thread.....You know you are old when you no longer CARE that you are going to bed at 10:30 PM! (Actually, I plan to rent a movie, but doubt I'll stay awake through the whole thing.)
One sure sign........when you realize that YOU CAN'T DRINK LIKE YOU USED TO!!!

Old 01-01-2012, 02:51 PM

866 posts, read 1,139,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
You Texas people are spoiled!

Have you shoveled snow in the dead of winter or milked the cows when the temps are well below zero? Pushing a car through the snow is a lot of fun also.

Hopefully, you are feeling better in the new year. Don't do too much as the leaves will still be there later or maybe they will blow away, like we all do.
I've done all those things as well, as I am originally from NEW YORK...
Wouldn't even attempt to do any of that stuff now...Not physically able to because of the permanent injuries I have from my wreck 2 yrs. ago...
That's the problem, as I was doing that and a lot more before it happened...Mind says I can, but the body proves otherwise...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics