Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 04:02 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I don't go around telling other people this stuff. But this thread and the venting thread are a place for people to post about what bothers them. That's why I insult other people on these threads. And for someone that says it's bad to insult other people, you insulted me on my thread about people living off their parents during college.
No...your pessimism is so deeply enmeshed into everything you are, every thought you have, every breath you take, that you couldn't POSSIBLY only be sharing it online...and that is a fact. You're PERFECT? No, you're not...because you're lying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 04:04 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
No...your pessimism is so deeply enmeshed into everything you are, every thought you have, every breath you take, that you couldn't POSSIBLY only be sharing it online...and that is a fact. You're PERFECT? No, you're not...because you're lying!
I admit I'm pessimistic in real life. But I know for a fact there's some stuff I say online that I don't say in person.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:19 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
I don't take college for granted. If I took it for granted, I would drop out.

My relative, however, took college for granted the first time around. These added hardships wouldn't exist if she focused more on college the first time around. Hell, she would of graduated college when I graduated high school if she stuck with it and never dropped out.

I'm giving her credit for going to college with these added hardships. But unlike other people, I think about the reason why these added hardships exist.
So there's no room in your heart for someone to have a second chance? Do you always view people in terms of the mistakes they have made when they were younger and foolish even when they have made the necessary steps to improve their lives?

Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So there's no room in your heart for someone to have a second chance? Do you always view people in terms of the mistakes they have made when they were younger and foolish even when they have made the necessary steps to improve their lives?
Clearly she's giving herself a second chance by going back to college. And I can't get in the way of that.

As for her mistakes...people like her make me think "I don't wanna end up like that."

But this still brings me to the point I made earlier about how I should get recognition. Yeah, she's being praised because she's going to college with added hardships...I understand that part. But I should be praised for sticking with it the first time around...I don't need a second chance.

And I'm not just your run of the mill student. I'm set to graduate early. I posted earlier saying how I'm taking summer classes.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Quote:
I don't go around telling other people this stuff. But this thread and the venting thread are a place for people to post about what bothers them. That's why I insult other people on these threads. And for someone that says it's bad to insult other people, you insulted me on my thread about people living off their parents during college.
Just to remind you. Insults are against CD's TOS. If you haven't read them, you should.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Clearly she's giving herself a second chance by going back to college. And I can't get in the way of that.

As for her mistakes...people like her make me think "I don't wanna end up like that."

But this still brings me to the point I made earlier about how I should get recognition. Yeah, she's being praised because she's going to college with added hardships...I understand that part. But I should be praised for sticking with it the first time around...I don't need a second chance.

And I'm not just your run of the mill student. I'm set to graduate early. I posted earlier saying how I'm taking summer classes.
Your reward is paying less money. You can use that savings to buy yourself a trophy if you would like. Pay for one semester of my schooling and I'll even assemble a committee to present it to you

Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Just to remind you. Insults are against CD's TOS. If you haven't read them, you should.
Insults toward other members are against the TOS. Maybe you should read the entire conversation so you understand the context instead of just jumping in.

I wasn't talking about insults toward other members. I was talking about insults toward non-members.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 PM

^^ This is what your post said, it did not discern wether or not you were talking about non members. And I have read all your posts in this thread.:

That's why I insult other people on these threads.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
^^ This is what your post said, it did not discern wether or not you were talking about non members. And I have read all your posts in this thread.:

That's why I insult other people on these threads.
When have I ever used a member's name and insulted them?

I insult people from real life that I don't like. They're not on city data and they remain anonymous.

And you say you read all my posts on this thread, so you should understand what led up to that post. I was insulting a relative. I didn't discern, but I think it was pretty obvious that I was talking about non-members.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 PM

^^ Back pedal all you want, but I think we all understood what you said and how you said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics