U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Status: "The whole world is a stage..." (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
8,873 posts, read 11,137,979 times
Reputation: 16408

Advertisements

Here you go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Today's Question(s):
Other than me for being so late

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ?


Well I don't have a lot of my mind left to spare, but one of my co-workers is a constant source of drama, and every so often I need to have "pep" talks with her about her conduct.

Bonus Question:


With the new TV season about to start,

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ?

I'm waiting for Curb Your Enthusiasm to start up again. Not because it left me hanging, I just like the show.


Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ?

Wednesday


Just for Fun:

Do you say

Bouquet


Bow-quet

Vase

V-long a-se

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
 
Location: following the wind of change
2,279 posts, read 2,445,052 times
Reputation: 4337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
alicejb, I like the entire cast also, but it is taking awhile for me to get used to the new "director". I really get a kick out of Abby.
I have a VHS in which Mark Harmon was a total creep, but I don't think of him as that way since NCIS. I espacially like "Ducky" too.
Tow, to be honest, I didn't discover NCIS until it was on marathon reruns in the USA Network. Then I fell in love. I know they replaced Donald Bellisario or retired him as a producer because of his clash with Mark Harmon but not familiar with the director's chair.

I like how they gravitate towards Gibbs and how he takes care of his own people. Love, love love the fact that he doesn't go to his own awards....I so picture me doing that if I can get away with it (and if I'm that good, lol). Love that Donald B. wrote his character that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,981 posts, read 5,359,279 times
Reputation: 3658
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
But do you remember Illya Kuryakin?

Nope. I don't recall watching Man From Uncle very often. I don't asscociate David McCallum with any other show.

Sorry , Karla. We are really getting off topic !!!

Maybe we need to start a NCIS thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Location: following the wind of change
2,279 posts, read 2,445,052 times
Reputation: 4337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Here you go...
Well nice of you to wander in on our side of the fence ....and are your flags at half-mast where you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Oswego, IL
5,650 posts, read 6,711,213 times
Reputation: 35044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Nope. I don't recall watching Man From Uncle very often. I don't asscociate David McCallum with any other show.

Sorry , Karla. We are really getting off topic !!!
I only mentioned it because Ducky made a reference to him in one of the episodes. I wondered how many people even caught the connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Arizona, The American Southwest
42,970 posts, read 19,932,320 times
Reputation: 81110
Today's Question(s):
Other than me for being so late
Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ?
Many politicians in Washington, DC.

Bonus Question:

With the new TV season about to start,

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ?
Other than the History Channel, Tru TV, The Fox News Channel, and The Discovery channel, I don't watch regular TV.


Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ?
How about the last time I picked up someone for something? .. - I'm only kidding. It was last Saturday, which is the day I run errands for my parents.

Just for Fun:
Do you say

Bouquet

BOO-quet
Bow-quet
Hmmm.. Bouquet - with that spelling, shouldn't be Boo-qwet? - Actually I say it boo-kay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:54 AM
 
19,922 posts, read 7,367,995 times
Reputation: 27215
Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ?

If I answered this question, I'd get an infraction. So let's move along to ...

With the new TV season about to start, is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the season finale left you hanging?

Well, last season, when we left the New York Jets, they were losers. Now on Sunday, the new season begins. New coach, new quarterback, new hope! Are they a new team or are we once again saying that J-E-T-S stands for Just End The Season? Stay tuned.

Last time you picked up something for someone ?

It's actually been a while. In the past several months, it's been people picking up things for me.

Do you say

Bouquet - I say Bow Kay
Vase - Voz, like Oz

1962 - Drummer Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best of the Beatles

Almost 50 years later, the Beatles are still my all time favorite musical group. Could you imagine the Fab Four in any configuration other than John, Paul, George and Ringo? I couldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Airports all over the world
4,318 posts, read 3,196,744 times
Reputation: 79798
Today's Question(s):
Other than me for being so late

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ?

I have very little mind left. So I am not willing to give a piece of it to anyone.

Bonus Question:


With the new TV season about to start,

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ?

I can't say that there is one. I watch very little network TV.


Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ?
A couple weeks ago I got a case of the...Oh wait a minute. You said "for" not "from" someone.

Just for Fun:

Do you say

Bouquet


BOO-quet
Bow-quet
Will go with this one

Vase

V-long a-se
This one
V-aw-se
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:57 AM
 
Location: On the East Coast
44,924 posts, read 6,196,979 times
Reputation: 68237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Here you go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
oops had everything typed and hit something and it all went away so hang on while I redo it again

Ok trying again I hate when that happens especially since we all know I am not a speedy typer

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Yay it is almost the weekend !!! I for one am looking forward to the weekend, but I guess if you think about it, being retired there shouldn't be much difference between during the week & the weekend I am going to have to think on this one for a while

But anyhooo lets get started with

Today's Question(s):
Other than me for being so late

Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ?
The Ah who nearly cut me off the other day.
Bonus Question:


With the new TV season about to start,

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ? I don't know about left me hanging but I guess "House" would be my pick.


Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ? Yesterday


Just for Fun:

Do you say

Bouquet


BOO-quet This one.
Bow-quet

Vase

V-long a-se This one.
V-aw-se


Today in History:
1847 - Stephen Foster performed his "Oh! Susanna" for the very first time, for a crowd at the Eagle Saloon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
1950 - "Beetle Bailey" comic strip debuts
1962 - Drummer Ringo Starr replaces Pete Best of the Beatles
1972 - BART begins service with a 26-mi line from Oakland to Fremont

Word of the Day:
patience [pey-shuhns] noun
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay

rofl I couldn't resist !!!


Today is:

National Hot Cross Bun Day
Oh! Susanna Day "Don't You Cry For Me"
Make Your Bed Day I did
"I Want to Start My Own Business" Day
National Emergency Responders Day
Thank You for your service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:59 AM
 
Location: SO-CAL
634 posts, read 816,294 times
Reputation: 2738
Who was the last person you wanted to "Give a piece of your mind to " ?this girl I work with who is 18 and thinks she knows everything...she's a nitwit!!

Bonus Question:

With the new TV season about to start,

Is there one show(s) your really looking forward to see because of how the Season finale" left you hanging ?Big Love!!


Extra Credit Question:

Last time you picked up something for someone ?dry cleaning for my husband


Just for Fun:

Do you say

Bouquet

BOO-quet
Bow-quet

Vase

V-long a-se
V-aw-se
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top