Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:35 PM

36,423 posts, read 16,036,192 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ?
Yes!!! Highs in the 70's for the next couple of days
If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ?

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ?
I'm quirky about sleep, I must get enough, I stress about it. I'm quirky about my purse, I must have it next to me in the car!
Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" ___BACK OFF____________ !!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? I like, HUH??? I like to vacuum with my Oreck!

Have you ever collected rocks ?
NO
Do you own a raincoat ?
NO
Today in History:
1620 - On this day, 102 passengers and crew set sail on the "Mayflower" from Plymouth, England. Their destination was the New World. This hearty group of 41 men, the rest, women and children; half religious dissenters and half entrepreneurs, made it to Provincetown, Massachusetts on November 21, 1620. A month later, the Plymouth Colony was founded by the passengers of the "Mayflower".
1908 - General Motors was founded on this day. The man responsible for the beginning of the huge auto-manufacturing company (maker of Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevrolet) was William Crapo ‘Billy’ Durant.
1968 - Richard Nixon appears on "Laugh-in"
1981- the pilot episode of Miami Vice aired on NBC-TV

Word of the Day:
logorrhea \law-guh-REE-uh\ , noun:
1. Pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. Incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility.

Today is:
National Guacamole Day Yeah
National eat an Apple Day
Road Runner Beep Beep!!
Play Doh Day
Collect Rocks Day
Wrinkled Raincoat Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Today's Question(s):

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ?
Hmmmm... Are we talking about Windows XP or Windows Vista.. or maybe Windows 3.1, or Windows 95? - Actually, I do open the arcadia door this time of the year, but only in the morning because morning lows are in the upper 60's to the upper 70's this time of the year. The highs have been in the mid to upper 90's all this week, which is nice... for us anyways, in Phoenix, where the high temps can get up to 115 degrees in July.. - I'll also start opening the arcadia door after the sun sets starting around the middle of October, since it'll get cooler in the evenings, but I'll only be able to do that for maybe a month, low temperatures from mid November, until April will get pretty chilly, and sometimes below freezing in December and January.

Just for Fun:
What are your favorite chores to do around the house ?
My favorite chores... 1) Sit on the couch, 2) Drink beer, 3) Operate the remote control.. - I'm just kidding, I don't even drink or watch TV that much.. but I do sit on the couch to work with my laptop.. - Most of you know that I am a gun and aviation enthusiast, so I spend plenty of time either loading up ammo, or flying on the flight simulator I have on one of my computers.

Well.. I had a pet rock one time but it ran away..

Do you own a raincoat ?
Nah, but I'm renting one.. - For the scant amount of rain that we get here in Phoenix, we don't need rain coats. They're about as useful here as... air-conditioning, swim suits, and suntan lotion in Antartica!

Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
My husband does that, too. It seems to be a European thing, though I cannot for my life guess where that habit comes from, since no published writing in any language that I know of uses that convention. Are you from Europe somewhere, Karla?
No but hey I could of listed it as one of my quirks I need that little space after the ? for balance reasons lol it just looks cramped when I am previewing the ?'s before I hit submit post

Old 09-16-2009, 02:04 PM

149 posts, read 228,511 times
Good Afternoon everyone!!!!!!

1. I recently shut all the windows, it has been chilly at night.

2. I try to turn off electronic products and unplug what I can before I leave my house.

3. Enough "logorrhea"! Slow down, and speak clearly!!!

4. Favorite chores? LOL yeah right! Since gathering the trash is the easiest, I'll choose trash!

5. My son has/does collect rocks when we visit different places. Especially NC where you can "pan" for gem stones!!!

6. Nope don't own one.

Have a great evening everyone!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Today's Question(s):
Depends. Yes, if you like cooler temps - 70s. No, if you don't want the rain to come in.

Extra Credit Question:
The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell"
use your brain!
Not telling you why.

Just for Fun:
Fixing things. I like figuring out how things work, as long as it's not something that could need serious repairs after I look at it.

A few when I was a kid. I once found a rock that looked for all the world like a hot dog in a bun. No kidding. Have no idea where it wound up. Possibly somewhere at my parents' house.

Do you own a raincoat ?
I own coats I wear when it rains. Otherwise I use an umbrella.

Today is:
National eat an Apple Day I did that today.
Road Runner have seen those a time or two. They don't say Mee-meep!
Play Doh Day and legos too?

Old 09-16-2009, 03:35 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,183,898 times
Hey been busy working and corp company.....oooowee...
Anyone miss me?
Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? Had mine open all day long over the weekend.....so very nice

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? eh....forgetfull I think, like right now I can't think of 1 thing to put here....

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" YAY !!! Had a recruiter out of California call me and offer a major employment opportunity

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? you kiddin...lol riding my tractor and cuttin the grass

Have you ever collected rocks ? I collected antique bottles or actually dug them up and sold them

Do you own a raincoat ? nope

Word of the Day:
logorrhea \law-guh-REE-uh\ , noun:
1. Pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. Incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility.
and it closely almost rhymes with

Today is:
National Guacamole Day
National eat an Apple Day
Road Runner
Play Doh Day
Collect Rocks Day
Wrinkled Raincoat Day[/quote]

I've been away for two days and it's killing me......

Old 09-16-2009, 03:36 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
What a great fall day we had up here in Indiana today! Our overnight temps are lower than I would like though.

Yep we can have them open during the day but overnight it is too cold reaching down into the 40's.

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ?

~~Make kids wash their hands as soon as they come home from school.
~~I wash my hands or use Germ X each time I touch money.
~~All my paper money has to face the same way then be stacked as ones, fives, tens, twenties, fifties.
~~Toilet paper must come from the top of the roll instead of from under the roll.
~~Have canned food's label facing out but I'm not OCD because they don't have to be in alphabetical order.

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" _______________ !!!
"How can you be in business with office hours 8-5pm but your staff leaves the night time answering message on until 9:30am?" Oh and on a Monday to boot for a doctor's office?

Cooking, laundry and ironing

No
Do you own a raincoat ?
No

Old 09-16-2009, 04:12 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,552,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
No but hey I could of listed it as one of my quirks I need that little space after the ? for balance reasons lol it just looks cramped when I am previewing the ?'s before I hit submit post
I am with you on that Karla. I like a space between a word and a ? , and a !

Old 09-16-2009, 04:15 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
Good morning everyone!

Have a great day...we are on the mend here!

Editing to add: See I knew I would be reminded of one of my many quirks...heres one...and I make the entire family do this....whenever we return home from somewhere I make everyone wash their hands as soon as they come in the house (after of course removing their shoes!)!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Can't stand shoes in the house, and washing you hands is really a smart thing with all the stuff that's out there!

Old 09-16-2009, 04:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

~~Have canned food's label facing out but I'm not OCD because they don't have to be in alphabetical order.
That's not OCD, that's just plain sensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics