Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:18 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times

Advertisements

I've gotten razzed about not listing my quirks. Well, if you must know, I wear thick socks to bed in the winter because I keep the heat low and I hate cold feet. I've also been known to wear a sweatsuit to bed - there, are you happy now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:07 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,737,078 times
Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? No

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ? November, December

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" stop singing already !!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? If anything, clean the kitchen I guess.

Have you ever collected rocks ? No

Do you own a raincoat ? No

Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,462,379 times
How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? Beautiful weather here in Maryland! With the exception of one day, I've had the windows open everyday! Because we don't like to sleep with the windows raised, we do still run the AC at night because it gets way too stuffy with the house closed up.

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ?

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? I avoid stepping on cracks in a sidewalk....when I sleep, the room has to be completely dark....I cannot sleep in a quiet room, I have to have 'white noise' in order to go to sleep....I must have my favorite foam pillow too, it even travels with me when I go on vacation...lol I have more quirks, but these are the main ones...LOL

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand up and yell will you stop complaining!!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? I love spending time in my remodeled kitchen so I'd have to say cooking and doing the dishes/cleaning are my favorite chores. I also love to hang laundry out on the clothesline...especially on these beautifully cool days. Everything smells so fresh and clean!

Have you ever collected rocks ? Not since the third grade.

Do you own a raincoat ? Yes. It looks like a hefty bag!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,788,138 times
Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? <raising my hand>

Bonus Question:

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? hard to answer that one

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" _put the cell phone away and do your work_ !!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? chickens, honeybees, garlic, my laundry, tend the outdoor woodboiler year round, garden, usually the lawn, vacuum once in a while, empty dishwasher, fold the towels, shovel the snow, maybe a few other things

Have you ever collected rocks ? yes

Do you own a raincoat ? two of them

Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Well, the Rep Police got me so I'm under CD house arrest for a bit . Guess I'll call it a night - my socks (they'll cover the ankle bracelet I have to wear ) are ready and fresh sheets on the bed so everyone have a good night - see you in the a.m. for more QOD fun. Anybody know where Karla is headed to? Our MN weather is gorgeous right now and has been for weeks.

Later...

Old 09-17-2009, 04:24 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,183,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
I've gotten razzed about not listing my quirks. Well, if you must know, I wear thick socks to bed in the winter because I keep the heat low and I hate cold feet. I've also been known to wear a sweatsuit to bed - there, are you happy now!
We need pictures please.........

Old 09-17-2009, 05:27 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,730,673 times
Oh dear, I've almost missed this one due to work ... so I'll try to sneak under the line ....

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? No, not yet. We've just come into Spring here "Down Unda" but it's been quite Wintery so it won't be Open Windows for another few weeks.

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ? From about mid-October to late May. Our warm season is long here in Perth. And all our windows have screens, of course, because Oz has about 92 trillion flies, at least and gazillions of mozzies (mosquitoes) too. And they find me extremely attractive

Bonus Question:

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? This is a hard one so I looked at some other answers and found a few I have ... like sleeping - the room has to be dark and quiet and I have to be lying down. That's why sleeping on a plane is impossible for me. Unless it's First Class, which we got upgraded to once. Heaven! But unaffordable otherwise.

I love friends and socializing but I so need some 'ME' time. If I don't, I get antsy and a bit cranky

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" How does someone so dumb as you manage to be employed when there are so many others far more intelligent in need of work?!!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? Painting walls. Washing windows. Planting new seedlings.

Have you ever collected rocks ? Sort of, in a real non-serious way. No idea what their official names were, they were just pretty or interesting.

Do you own a raincoat ? Yes, have owned raincoats for most of my life. I used to live in Vancouver where you hardly ever took it off as it rained so much. Perth is very dry but winters can bring some serious downpours. I hate that soggy feeling.

Today in History:
1981- the pilot episode of Miami Vice aired on NBC-TV I loved that show! It was so different for that era.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:23 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,552,468 times
Quote:

Me too But it is because we heat with a woodstove, and I am the one who is responsible for tending it day and night.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:50 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,611,034 times
Quote:
Wait a minute. You're telling me these are quirks? I thought everyone that was frugal did that. I must be quirky, too.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:06 AM

139 posts, read 315,022 times
Alright, so I know it's Friday but I didn't have a chance to answer Wednesdays, so I'm going to cheat and go back

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ?
I live in England...it's freezing and raining 99% of the time
If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ?
Once a week?
Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ?
-I am a grammar nazi to the highest degree. I will go out of my way to correct people and I'm sure it drives them crazy.
-My kitchen cabinets are organized by vegetable type, as well as the way they are cut (for example, cut green beans and french-style green beans are separated)
-I hate children. Hate me all you want, but I have zero tolerance/patience towards any sort of whining, crying, etc. I love animals though.
-I will become that crazy cat lady; even if I'm married, he will just have to deal with it.
Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" SHUT UP!!!!! Your mummy isn't going to buy you toys! We're at a post office for god's sake! !!!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ?
Does cooking count as a chore?
I secretly like to organize everything
Have you ever collected rocks ?
Only Petoskey stones (google them--they're awesome!)
Do you own a raincoat ?

I live in England. I'd be toast without one (mushy toast, rather)
Today in History:
1620 - On this day, 102 passengers and crew set sail on the "Mayflower" from Plymouth, England. Their destination was the New World. This hearty group of 41 men, the rest, women and children; half religious dissenters and half entrepreneurs, made it to Provincetown, Massachusetts on November 21, 1620. A month later, the Plymouth Colony was founded by the passengers of the "Mayflower".
1908 - General Motors was founded on this day. The man responsible for the beginning of the huge auto-manufacturing company (maker of Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevrolet) was William Crapo ‘Billy’ Durant.
1968 - Richard Nixon appears on "Laugh-in"
1981- the pilot episode of Miami Vice aired on NBC-TV

Word of the Day:

logorrhea \law-guh-REE-uh\ , noun:
1. Pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. Incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility.

Today is:

National Guacamole Day Coincidentally, I made guacamole this Wednesday!
National eat an Apple Day
Road Runner
Play Doh Day I love play doh!
Collect Rocks Day
Wrinkled Raincoat Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics