Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:09 PM

24,474 posts, read 26,008,272 times

Advertisements

I think the OP and marius1815 have left the house. Please let this thread now pass into oblivion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 07:29 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,924 times
The OP is not coming back so IF he is lurking on this board might I have a few more suggested IF he desided NOT to work.
1. Live like a hippie, go to walmart or Jo-Anne fabrics and make or buy a tent, get some non-pershable foods. Go to lowes and get some seads to plant a garden and start living off the land, IF just if you don't like the cardboard box in the city idea.
2. JUST GET A FREAKIN JOB!!! I along with others have said this like a 1000 times. Don't hide, rant or whatever, gotta get a job period.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:55 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Just had another thought on the OP. Maybe his Father is also one to coddle the spoiled rotten son, but just wants a minutes peace and quiet. If the OP talks as much as he writes, you wouldn't be able to hear yourself think. Couple that with the crap being spewed and it would test the Pope's limit on not telling somebody to go pound sand.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:03 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamdar View Post
Its not that I'm lazy. If I freely willed to work without external pressure to self-actualize myself, I would quite willingly and voluntarily work as hard as a dog.
So much for the stupid crassness of "nobody owes you anything".
You had me at blah blah blah.

Quote:
Well that is why I need suggestions on how to make the argument to my parents. My mom is starting to cave, but my dad is still being firm. From my perspective the decision to be a parent entails certain responsibility.
Cave, nothin'! Your mom has tuned you out, fool.

Quote:
How would seeing that the world is WORSE than I imagine, change my pessimistic views?
It won't. Life sucks. Cry me a river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
If you were my son, I'd turkey-trot your lazy butt down to the Army recruiter and make sure you get in the Infantry, with orders to Afghanistan.

About a year of that would cure what ails you.
That is exactly what this guy needs.

Dude, even though you've stopped posting; unless mom & pop cut off your cable, your just full of yourself enough that I bet you're still reading. Some advice:

1 - find a few souls even more disenchanted than you. You can be the ring leader & convince them to work & provide for you.
2 - put this drivel in a blog & read it again when your 50. hopefully you'll feel like a boob & then have a good laugh.
3 - contact Pauly Shore & tell him you have a great movie idea about a guy who lives off his paren- ............... Oh wait - that's been done. To death.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:50 PM

366 posts, read 297,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
OH grow up! When they pass away then what are you going to do?
I think your arguement is just a lot of B S to hide and compensate for being down right lazy.

You will never find a place in this world that doesn't have some sort of authority you have to answer to and by living under your parents roof - you have given authority to them. So, get over yourself. You can't function in a world with authority, but it's okay for your parents to work for authority and pay for the food you eat and the roof over your head. So you are benefiting from exactly what you say you despise.

If you don't want to work for someone else then start your own business, but even then you still have rules and laws to abide by. If you believe in God then you should be aware that sloth is one of the seven deadly sins.

GET A JOB!

Side Note: I think I smell troll.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:44 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It's because he's a troll...no way someone could write that much crap between posts in that short amount of time and notice he's never come back.
And why would he come back? Look at how people on a forum (with nothing to loose) treated him? I share some of the same sentiments as the OP but it never ceases to amaze me how automatons keep other automatons in line should they DARE think outside the box.

Everyday, in one way or another:

You people complain about jobs that are shipped to India, China.
You people complain about government bailouts.
You people complain about health care.
You people complain about high taxes.
You people complain about egregious CEO salaries.
You people complain about government spending.
You people complain about Mexicans migrating into the states.
You people complain about the lack of job retirement programs.
You people complain about the lack of quality education.
You people complain about the price of gas/oil.
You people complain (pro/con) about overseas warfare.
You people complain about a lack of investigation into government scandals. You people ect.. ect...

But yet, you people let "the system" keep running is course and have wishful thinking every time that politicians will fix the issues!!!!!

See, this is why the world is in such a mess! Nobody STOPS to think about how specific jobs contribute to society, and nobody STOPS to question what our civilization is EXACTLY working collectivity towards. Today, banks are merging, food companies are being consolidated into a handful of a few, and what we call the media (e.g. Fox,"fair & balanced") is owned by ONLY 5 different companies. What? Do you think this is all to YOUR benefit?

What about your tax dollars? Where is OUR investment from it??!! As far as I know our tax money goes into black budgets and into the pockets of (CIA trained) brutal dictators around the world that were responsible for overthrowing indigenous governments and killing millions of people? Aww, but I guess American Government isn't all that bad because they like to donate relief money ( never get most of it anyway) to people in Africa who have aids.

And this crap about "growing up" and getting a job; yea, and that's the problem; EVERYBODY IS WORKING!! I mean, if we are so advanced and technological then how come the average worker gets LESS sleep and works MORE hours than an average farmer 100 years ago??? Also, and most importantly, if everybody is working, then could somebody please tell me who EXACTLY is watching over us to see that the laws and monetary policies are fair and equitable!? Because surely the media, the United States Congress, and the FDA ain't doing the job anymore!

Media Reform Information Center

john pilger - Bing Video

Old 11-13-2009, 10:43 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,445 times
Morphous, people get to post on here but you or I don't get to dictate the responses we receive. That goes for myself or anybody else. That's how it seems to work whether we like it or not.

There's nothing wrong with people's response to him--it seems to be synonymous. What does that tell you? Look at the equation. People from different places and ages saying the same thing..what does that tell you? They're all wrong or something is wrong with them and the OP/you're on the right? No.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
If you were mine, you would have been evicted a long time ago. There is no such thing as a "free ride" in life.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:01 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
Geez, the OP has got to be my bf's near middle aged son. Blames everyone else for his life and won't take the initiative to make one for himself. I think he's waiting for his dad to drop dead and inherit so he never has to either. And then came in the wicked gf (me) who won't put up with the verbal and emotional abuse aimed at his dad. Can't let the brat get control. He's already wasted half of his life not launching.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
My opinion has not budged. Work or starve if you are able bodied and have not reached financial independence or retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics