Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 05:40 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,833,428 times

Advertisements

My evening was nice. I still could use an hour or two of sleep though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 10:15 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,434,361 times
Got up this morning, was supposed to be going to Blackpool at the coast for the day. The
weather looked a bit iffy, so I sent Judy and her mum without me. I decided to go get my
hair cut. I go to the cheapest in town because my days of fancy hairstyles are over. When I
was young I used to have it done every Saturday for the disco a-la John Travolta!! Well walked into town to the $5 barber!! As I watched the white hair falling about the floor as he
cut, I thought "look at that Dave, how did it come to this." Later, I expressed this thought to Judy, she said "could be worse David, you could go bald, then I'd cut it." Every cloud......

Old 11-30-2011, 06:23 PM

247 posts, read 576,276 times
after a life of homelessness and being a transient/tramp as a child. in 1993,1994,and up into 1996, i had the opportunity to work with/for a great great man. He offered me many opportunities, he was just a custom Harvestor,(if you know what that is?) he could do anything and I mean anything. He taught me alot and gave me much respect as i did him. He was the man that payed for me to get my Commercial Drivers licence, he also provided the truck and trailer to take the test. Now many years and over a million miles later, his family remembered me, and contacted me when he passed away. today I was Honored to be a pall bearer at his funeral. even though it was a sad day, it was a good day..

Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM

741 posts, read 1,679,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil tatro View Post
after a life of homelessness and being a transient/tramp as a child. in 1993,1994,and up into 1996, i had the opportunity to work with/for a great great man. He offered me many opportunities, he was just a custom Harvestor,(if you know what that is?) he could do anything and I mean anything. He taught me alot and gave me much respect as i did him. He was the man that payed for me to get my Commercial Drivers licence, he also provided the truck and trailer to take the test. Now many years and over a million miles later, his family remembered me, and contacted me when he passed away. today I was Honored to be a pall bearer at his funeral. even though it was a sad day, it was a good day..
that is beautiful! I'm sorry for your loss but happy that your life was touched by this man

Old 11-30-2011, 06:30 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
It has been challenging... All week long and the week is not done, but I am hopeful filled with that mustard seed faith...

Old 11-30-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil tatro View Post
That is really an awesome story. Obviously you touched his heart and soul, and he touched yours. Amazing.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
It has been challenging... All week long and the week is not done, but I am hopeful filled with that mustard seed faith...
Hey I am with you...

Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 PM

866 posts, read 1,138,152 times
Got better once I left the house. At least for a little bit...
Trying to find a blue-jean jacket for the S.O. for his B'day...nothing fancy,
just something to replace the threadbare one he wears now.

Went to both Goodwill's in this area...nothing, then went to Gander Mountain and Walmart...nothing

My next option is a western wear store. That's gonna be more expensive
than I had p-lanned for...Guess it will be his Christmas present instead.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
Got better once I left the house. At least for a little bit...
Trying to find a blue-jean jacket for the S.O. for his B'day...nothing fancy,
just something to replace the threadbare one he wears now.

Went to both Goodwill's in this area...nothing, then went to Gander Mountain and Walmart...nothing

My next option is a western wear store. That's gonna be more expensive
than I had p-lanned for...Guess it will be his Christmas present instead.
That takes care of Christmas, then

Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Crazy, hectic day at work and it took me an extra half hour to get home so I was frazzled when I got home. Relaxing but really need to get on the ball with my class project ... So wish this class was OVER! Sheesh ... My butt is tender from all the butt kicking this class has been doing to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics