Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
No, really? OK, if there is ever any crisis I will send all of the crying men your way.

You can ball all you want...but really...not the men.
Yeah, YoungLisa, I don't know why. Maybe because if a man cries his soul must be bleeding at least that is what I think and that kind of hurt and pains m me to deeply. Now all that being said, I have never been around a sensitive type guy who cries because he is sensitive. I have 2 boys rather grown, but they have never been cry babies. I guess if they knew I had a ***** in my armor they would use it. Especially when I am kicking butt (figuratively speaking of course). I have a girlfriend who says she can't stand a cry baby man either. She says she had to break her husband of that early in their marriage because she had two babies and no time for a third. And he gives her credit for making a man out of him. U r not alone in your feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 01:10 AM

1,252 posts, read 2,646,356 times
I went out to get my first puppy from a litter in the Palm desert. She was the last one left of the bunch and the buyer's who had reserved her decided not to take her after all, so I was able to have her.
She was a trembling fluff of hair when I first picked her up in my arms and I somehow knew right then and there that I would never let her go. She was mine. I picked her and she picked me. We claimed each other. At first she had a lost look in her soft brown eyes. Then it finally dawned on her that she had found her new home with me.
Suddenly her tail waggled uncontrollably. She jumped to me with a joyful enthusiasm that was truly surprising.
She licked my face thankfully and I thrilled at her sweet puppy breath.
She loved to ride in the car. She adored toys of any kind. She was always happy go lucky.
When I would come home from work she would yelp at me as if to say: just where have you been all day? I just smiled and gave her fresh water.
Play time was all the time for her. The park was her favorite stomping ground. She couldn't get enough to sniff. Trees, grass, concrete, anything and everything.
Birds and squirrels feared her. She was queen of the park, not them.
She grew strong and we laughed and traveled and played.
Then one day I noticed that she was not so strong anymore. Yet I refused to acknowledge it. How could this be? Had it been that long since I first cuddled this little tremble of fur in my lap to drive us to her new home?
Where had the time gone? Just how had the weeks and months evaporated so quickly?
So many toys, so many yummies, so many kisses. Now so much empty silence.
I knew this day would arrive. I knew, but it always seems to be sooner and never later.
While she was on the vet's table, her last glance at me tore something deep in my soul that has never fully mended and I don't see how it ever will. One last touch of her ear and I knew she was gone.
She was... my best pal.
Best pals are forever.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 AM

609 posts, read 1,260,470 times
i cry all the time. usually just books, movies, tv, and even commercials sometimes lol. i dont cry for real reasons often...but id say a tear falls down my face at least once a day lol

Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Last time for me was in March of 06 when my beloved Doberman had to be put to sleep. The next time will no doubt be sometime in the near future when the same thing happens to my sister's rapidly failing 15 year old Golden Retriever, whom I love as if he were my own dog.

Damn dogs.

EDIT: I was wrong about that estimation of the next time, because I hadn't yet read nilssson's post.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times
Hey, I hit a bird. He flew right into my tire. I heard it go pop. I have bird issues. I was hysterical for about 5 seconds before I put the peddle to the meddle, but seeing all those feather in the air really made me feel like crying.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:25 AM

28 posts, read 46,497 times
I am a sensitive but I aviod to cry.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,274,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Yeah, YoungLisa, I don't know why. Maybe because if a man cries his soul must be bleeding at least that is what I think and that kind of hurt and pains m me to deeply. Now all that being said, I have never been around a sensitive type guy who cries because he is sensitive. I have 2 boys rather grown, but they have never been cry babies. I guess if they knew I had a ***** in my armor they would use it. Especially when I am kicking butt (figuratively speaking of course). I have a girlfriend who says she can't stand a cry baby man either. She says she had to break her husband of that early in their marriage because she had two babies and no time for a third. And he gives her credit for making a man out of him. U r not alone in your feelings.
You're not alone, sun queen. As I posted earlier, I also like a man to be able to cry. Not all the time! But yeah, from time to time when it seems appropriate. I don't think most men cry often enough, in fact.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:32 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
You're not alone, sun queen. As I posted earlier, I also like a man to be able to cry. Not all the time! But yeah, from time to time when it seems appropriate. I don't think most men cry often enough, in fact.
Maybe it has something to do with how we are raised. I never saw a man in my family cry, ever. My ex- husband cried in front of me once and I freaked out See to me I didn't think sensitive, I thought "geez what a loser because it was over something really stupid"

Needless to say I am now with a wonderful dinosaur of a man who takes charge and control. He loves me deeply but I will never catch him crying unless I am in Heaven and looking down on him. He's my rock

It works for me but not necessarily for everyone else.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:04 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,274,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Maybe it has something to do with how we are raised. I never saw a man in my family cry, ever. My ex- husband cried in front of me once and I freaked out See to me I didn't think sensitive, I thought "geez what a loser because it was over something really stupid"

Needless to say I am now with a wonderful dinosaur of a man who takes charge and control. He loves me deeply but I will never catch him crying unless I am in Heaven and looking down on him. He's my rock

It works for me but not necessarily for everyone else.
Hmmm...I don't know. I cannot actually remember ever seeing my father cry. Nor my grandfather. My husband will cry occasionally but not very often. My son almost never cried once he was older than just a little boy.

I would probably have your feeling about it if I were with a man that cried often and more than a tear or two, but I don't really know how to put except that if I sense some vulnerability in a person, it's easier for me to love them than if I see them as just this this stoic person who isn't vulnerable to much. Does that make any sense? Again, I do see how if a man cried too much....might be annoying. And yeah, I do think it's good for a man to take charge of a situation and not just cry about it. Wouldn't want that!

Old 04-30-2010, 12:09 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,274,866 times
I only saw my mum cry once when hers died. She let out a sob, and was done.
Dad teared up once when I left to come back to Ca. and that tore me up.
Letting out emotions were sparse in my family, but I'm just the opposite in mine.
A good cry always feels good afterwards.
It seems crying over all of the tragedies are in the past, thankfully.
Nowadays when I laugh really hard I cry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics