Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM

19,528 posts, read 9,546,813 times

Advertisements

I'm sometimes envious of those who don't cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
I cry regularly, around the 15th of April every year...

Old 04-30-2010, 08:26 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,897,669 times
NEVER...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:55 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,055,953 times
You can never look for a clear cut reason to cry.

Tears express your personal emotions, they are an indicator to let you know that you're still human, you can't cry over everything because not everything will appeal to you the same way. A loss of a loved one will generate tears, but the loss of the Polish president might not, because he never appealed to you individually. It is a sad story, but it's not something that most would cry about.

Tears were god's way to remind each and every single one of us that we're still human, we have a heart, and that we do care.

You should never envy someone because they can cry and express themselves, everyone has that ability, some just use it more often than others. Nothing to envy another person about.

Just my two thoughts on this. =)

Old 05-01-2010, 05:28 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
You can never look for a clear cut reason to cry.

Tears express your personal emotions, they are an indicator to let you know that you're still human, you can't cry over everything because not everything will appeal to you the same way. A loss of a loved one will generate tears, but the loss of the Polish president might not, because he never appealed to you individually. It is a sad story, but it's not something that most would cry about.

Tears were god's way to remind each and every single one of us that we're still human, we have a heart, and that we do care.

You should never envy someone because they can cry and express themselves, everyone has that ability, some just use it more often than others. Nothing to envy another person about.

Just my two thoughts on this. =)
Good post except for women. Hormones is a clear cut reason why women can cry at really stupid things

Old 05-01-2010, 08:59 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
Nowadays when I laugh really hard I cry.
Interesting! I once read that there's a very thin line between laughing and crying.

When my grandmother died many years ago, I was kneeling with my quick-to-cry sister at her casket at the funeral home. My sister had this laughter-inducing way of crying. I looked over at her, hearing her strange form of crying, I started laughing.
She looked at me, poked me with her elbow to let me know she was angry with me, I laughed even harder. When I finally stood up, facing the gathered crowd, I was so embarrassed I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

I was only 7 years old at the time, and afterwards my mother took me aside and said:
What was so funny, huh! What was so funny!

Old 05-02-2010, 08:02 PM

19,528 posts, read 9,546,813 times
I don't envy people who cry. I envy people who don't cry, especially coming out from watching a movie that was a real tear jerker and there's tons of people waiting in the hallways for the next showing.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,897,669 times
still....
nothing......

Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,300,235 times
I will let it rip when alone. Kind of a cleansing for me. I am not a confrontational person.

I've had many life altering stress factors occur recently and so I will cry because I can and it feels good. I was use to holding things close to the vest but have learned this is not always a good choice.

I only let a few people know of my situation because as a psych nurse I wouldn't have believed someone with my story (and what a story). I have been a victim of extremely rare circumstances culminating into one event that I have yet to see a Hollywood movie made of yet.

Sometimes life is not fair and the bad people win. It's what you do with it after that cements fate or harkens destiny.

I choose to fight knowing that those bad people will pay one way or another. So I fight through the tears for myself and my family.

Even in the darkest of times I know in the end I will win and that is what I hold onto.

I should end with something like a Phoenix rising from the ashes but I would go on forever; thank you for listening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics