Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in angels?
Yes 78 87.64%
No 11 12.36%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:21 PM

800 posts, read 4,302,331 times

Advertisements

Yes, I believe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 06:23 PM

702 posts, read 3,155,081 times
Default I am shocked...

I am shocked that the poll shows so many people believe in angels. That is like believing in ghosts, etc. If angels watch over people doesn't the devil cause harm? I do not believe in angels anymore than I believe in the Easter Bunny.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:48 PM

694 posts, read 2,654,560 times
Yeah, my gramma is one.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:18 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,914,768 times
I can't explain how...but I do think that something was present during a road trip through New Mexico in May of 05'.
This happened right around Cline's Corners, if anyone is familiar with the area.

It was a normal day. As far as weather it was mild. But you could tell something was fast approaching on the horizon. The sky was getting very black, very quick.
All I remember about the moments leading up to what happened was the higher I got in elevation I could sense the weather was changing even more rapidly.

As soon as I reached almost to the top all hell broke lose. I was traveling about 65-70mph and all of a sudden found the road was covered in ice and sleet and raining to the point where I couldn't see a damn thing.

The next few moments are where I can't believe I am even here today.
Since the other motorists were also not aware of the road conditions people were swerving and skidding everywhere.
The median looked like a parking lot!...littered with semi-trucks that were jack-knifed, and cars that were facing the wrong way.

As I am trying to get out of the way of sliding cars and trucks a double-loaded Fed Ex truck jack-knifed right in front of me....the saying that some people have when you are on deaths door...about seeing your life flash before your eyes...yep, I can say that is a true statement.

I somehow ended up wedged in between the jack-knifed truck as it is skidding out of control at a fast rate of speed. And this is the other part I can't quite explain...as the truck was sliding I managed to maneuver out being wedged and came to an abrupt stop on the other side of the highway not realizing until I got my breath back that I was also on the edge of a cliff.

The Fed Ex driver came over to my SUV to check on me. Mind you it was still pouring rain and sleet covered the road. He looked more scared, I think, than I felt.
He told he was familiar with the route and thought for sure I was going over the cliff.
The adrenaline was pumping so hard with me. It took me a long while till I could gain my composure and try to merge back onto the highway and continue on my way.

Needless to say...I got off at the very next exit and called it a day.

Both of my dogs were in their kennels in the back...which both slid all the way to the front with all of my other belongings... I hugged both of them so hard when we got to safe ground.

And not to mention, my SUV, didn't have one scratch on it.

So yes, I do believe there is definitely a higher being in my book.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,928,920 times
Smile WOW factor

citybythebay,,,, you sure put a WOW in that story! I’d have to say anyone would believe after reading it.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:25 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,101,758 times
Mainebrokerman and citybythebay....great stories of your experiences.

I think most of the time we don't even know it when angels are around, but I believe it because the Bible says so!

Old 07-22-2007, 09:02 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,657,325 times
That is an amazing story, citybythebay. And I have traveled through that area more than several times, do get an "eery" feeling, not a bad feeling, but just something different. Maybe it is those spectacular huge, billowy clouds I see when traveling through there!

I have read some on angels, one website I found says mine is Michael the Archangel, don't remember why him. It is said evidently that angels are nearby if you see a green mist. Several years ago I was going through eastern Colorado in a snow storm, did a 180 in my SUV went through a field and rolled over 3 times. Morbidity rate for a rollover in a SUV is 80%. I walked away with only 3 broken ribs, but did see ALOT of green mist while rolling through that field!!! So I do think of angels often, have my angel cards on my desk, etc. I have never actually seen one, but several close friends say they have. Sorry no wings, according to them!

Old 07-22-2007, 09:12 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,948,308 times
Well as a Christian, I believe in Angels. I don't worship or pray to them or anything like that. I don't believe people die and become angels. And I don't place them in the category of the easter bunny or faeries. It's just part of what I already believe.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:30 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,336,012 times
I don't know if I believe in angels, per se, in the sense that each one of us has a particular or specific angel assigned to us. However, that being said, I do believe that we have "spirits" or souls watching over us, maybe those are just other words for angels, I don't know. I lost my parents a few years ago, a few months apart, and more recently, I lost my father-in-law. I have felt over the years that my parents have been watching over me, or there beside me in some way. I've "felt" it actually. I can't explain it but I've known that they were there. Yes, helping to keep us safe, but even more than that. There have been times where I've faced tough decisions or simply been sad. Maybe a song that one of them liked comes on at that moment, or out of nowhere I smell my mom's perfume, or a gust of wind kicks up the smell of leaves, which I relate to being outdoors with dad, but whatever the situation, it happens right when I need it or miss them and I feel that it's them telling me things will be okay, that they're still there even though I can't see them. At times when I've desperately missed them and cried, I've had comforting dreams of them, on those nights. For example, recently, my husband and I began talking about moving closer to certain family members. Out of nowhere, I had a dream that my cousin (who we'd be moving near) called me and said "someone wants to talk to you". My dad got on the phone. When I asked where he was, his reply was "I've been up here (he named the town) this whole time. It's great here and you should move on up." When I said I couldn't move because I wouldn't know where to find my mom, he answered, "she's here too, silly.....are you moving up here or what". Granted, that sounds crazy, but I felt that it was their way of telling me that maybe we should make that decision to move there because they know we'd be happy and safe there. Also, it made me think that because we'd be near those particular family members that my parents were also close with, it would help me to feel even closer to my parents. Again, weird, but we all interpret things differently. Lastly, we lost a baby last year, and while it still hurts, part of me feels like the baby is safe because even though I lost him/her, the baby is with people who will love him/her and teach him/her about us so that when our time comes, he/she will know us already. So yes, in a way, I believe in angels.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:01 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,993,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I am shocked that the poll shows so many people believe in angels. That is like believing in ghosts, etc. If angels watch over people doesn't the devil cause harm? I do not believe in angels anymore than I believe in the Easter Bunny.
I do not practice any religion...I think that many organized religions are run by self-serving manipulators.

But, I do have strong beliefs, based on real life experiences.

I have had some personal experiences that make me strongly believe in both angels and evil. And, they are truly in forms that affect peoples lives.

And, those of us that have seen or recognized some experience(s) would never be able to convice others - Even though that perhaps they themselves did experience something in their lives, but did not recognize it.

So, who knows?...One day, you yourself will have some experience....So, don't write it off yet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics