Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in angels?
Yes 78 87.64%
No 11 12.36%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:52 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,659,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post

Yes. I know I have my guardian angel who has been with me thru thick and thin.

My favorite about guardian angels is thru Padre Pio,

Padre Pio The Mystic - Guardian Angels

And it makes sense they are messengers,

St Padre Pio was amazing in life - and he is amazing in the after life. I have a gorgeous stained glass picture of him that I keep out. He is well loved in our home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,695,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
St Padre Pio was amazing in life - and he is amazing in the after life. I have a gorgeous stained glass picture of him that I keep out. He is well loved in our home.
aww, and in our home I have met a couple of Priests who met with
St. Padre Pio, and to listen to their glorious visits with him is something to really behold.
Thanks for sharing that friend

Old 10-30-2007, 02:35 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,390,632 times
I definitely believe in angels and an unseen spiritual world.

My take on angels comes from the Bible, Hebrews chapter 1. This chapter clearly shows the proper place for angels. Verse 14 sums it up by stating, "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?"

I don't know if there is such a thing as a personal guardian angel, but I believe angels will be present to do the job with which they are tasked. Furthermore, I don't believe that all spirits that present themselves as angels really are.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:05 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,398,167 times
The Lord watcheth over me.....

On December 24, 2000, I felt an angel rush over me, and it was my mother ...... as I left her bedroom from wrapping presents, knowing death was upon her, soon, she was in a sort of comatose state, cancer had stolen her from us.

That is the day every year that I wrap presents for Christmas, I sat there on her floor wrapping presents, and the preacher had been out 3x, as well as had been the hospice nurse. I just was talking to her on and on, wrapping and wrapping.

It was so cold in there. I said Mom, I am just gonna get some hot chocolate. I was gone for 2 minutes. I came back holding the hot chocolate and I stood in the doorway looking at what was my mom for all the years I could remember, and something rushed over my head, she was gone. She had waited for me to leave the room. I think she waited all day for me to not be in the room to leave this earth. Those 2 minutes were all she needed.

It is upsetting thinking about it now, but in that minute, that rush over my head was a good one, she did not hurt anymore. It was a good feeling, although I did not have her with me, but I do have her, in my heart and soul.

Yes, I still think, what would mom do...I want to call her, all these years later, and sometimes I almost try, but instead, I just think a little harder, and I think back farther...this is what mom did.

An angel wisked her right above me, it was ok. I was ok.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:57 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,379,890 times
I posted this in a thread in Religion, under the same topic about believing in angels and sharing stories.

My mom says if anything reaffirmed her faith, it was when an angel helped us, when my littlest brother was born.

Stationed overseas, army base hospital, he was premature, and had a hole in his heart seperating his oxygenated from his de-oxygenated blood. Following the labor would involve serious complications resulting in him being hospitalized and incubatized for the first 6 months of his life.

Meanwhile, my dad could not be found, being stationed somewhere else at the time. She was in emotional shreds, because she could not get through to him by phone. She had been trying for hours. No one in the hospital could seem to locate him or get through on the number that was left to conatct him by. Before undergoing surgery a man appeared in the hallway carrying nothing but a duffel bag, and after overhearing the emergency that my mom could not get through to my dad.. out of the blue he was like "here, let me try". He picked up the phone, dialed the same number that everyone else had been trying, and got straight through to someone that worked with my dad who ran to get him on the phone.

My mom was beyond amazed, and everyone in the hallway just kinda stopped what they were doing to stare ~ he handed the phone to my mom, smiled, and off he went. Never saw him leave, never saw him again. No one knew who he was. To this day my mom says something about the way he smiled at her, he was an angel.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:05 AM

27,378 posts, read 27,423,838 times
Ive heard of many experiences where only angels could be the reason for the things that happened.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,379,890 times
I wanted to add one, that I almost don't feel rigght adding, because I don't remember it as well... this is going by what my mom said.

I was 3, maybe 4 at most. Walking down the streets of Frankfurt with my mom... we were window shopping. (To this day, love window shopping with my mom) It was cold outside, and she stopped to look at something, this man that was walking down the street stopped where I was standing next to my mother, smiled, bent down and took my little mittened hand in his and began walking off. We were just going for a walk Hell, I was only 3 what did I care? lol... my mom turned back around realizing I was no longer by her side and took off running after the man and yelling. Her crys were soon drowned out by other cries as a car that was parked nearby on the street exploded into flames sending metal and glass bits flying.

The man that took me for a walk stopped on the street and turned around to watch and let go of my hand when my mother got there. She wasn't hurt, but she would have been if she hadn't taken off running after me. In all the confusion she says she has no idea what became of him, or even why he walked off with me down the street a ways out of the blue.

Makes ya stop and think...

Reading some of these other posts by mainestreetbrokerman and citybythebay.. just give me goosebumps!

Yes I believe in angels, they exist just as much as I believe evil spirits do.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 AM

702 posts, read 3,154,258 times
Wow, those are some great stories! I hope more people write.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:55 AM

10,204 posts, read 11,184,898 times
Yes, I do.

I believe my little girl is an angel!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:27 PM

522 posts, read 1,585,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
I posted this in a thread in Religion, under the same topic about believing in angels and sharing stories.

My mom says if anything reaffirmed her faith, it was when an angel helped us, when my littlest brother was born.

Stationed overseas, army base hospital, he was premature, and had a hole in his heart seperating his oxygenated from his de-oxygenated blood. Following the labor would involve serious complications resulting in him being hospitalized and incubatized for the first 6 months of his life.

Meanwhile, my dad could not be found, being stationed somewhere else at the time. She was in emotional shreds, because she could not get through to him by phone. She had been trying for hours. No one in the hospital could seem to locate him or get through on the number that was left to conatct him by. Before undergoing surgery a man appeared in the hallway carrying nothing but a duffel bag, and after overhearing the emergency that my mom could not get through to my dad.. out of the blue he was like "here, let me try". He picked up the phone, dialed the same number that everyone else had been trying, and got straight through to someone that worked with my dad who ran to get him on the phone.

My mom was beyond amazed, and everyone in the hallway just kinda stopped what they were doing to stare ~ he handed the phone to my mom, smiled, and off he went. Never saw him leave, never saw him again. No one knew who he was. To this day my mom says something about the way he smiled at her, he was an angel.
An amazing story...made me tear up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics