Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in angels?
Yes 78 87.64%
No 11 12.36%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 AM

3,102 posts, read 1,112,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Do you believe in angels? Do you have a guardian angel? And what are angels, how do they affect you and your life?
Great thread !! (Still not able to rep you, though. DANGIT )
Yes, I believe in angels. And spirit guides. Although I don't know my guides name. I do believe that my brother, who passed away in '92, and my Grandfathers, are with me often. And I believe in ghosts, too, azloafer. (I also believe in the devil) I admit that I was quite skeptical before I met my wife 3 years ago. But I have seen and heard and felt things that can't be explained any other way. The viel is lifting as more and more people are becoming more spiritual. And it is making it easier for the other side to make contact with us. It's always been there. And I believe it will only become more prevalent in the future.
The shiny orbs you see in photos are angels. I think the way Sylvia Browne explains it is that we all have spirit guides (not necessarily gaurdian angels). And that we all have angels watching over us. Whether we believe in them or not, they ARE there.

Last edited by Hillbilly63; 07-23-2007 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: I believe !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM

702 posts, read 3,151,584 times
In 25 years of law enforcement I have seen and heard some really crazy things and been in scary situations, but in all that time I never felt that an angel helped me through the day. Good training helped me handle all those situations.

I drove a stock car for two years before I was in law enforcement and was never hurt. Did an angel help me avoid injury? I don't think so. It was skillful driving.

Should I say that an angel kept me safe in both those endeavors? Maybe others might, but I don't think so. I never actually met a person that believed in angels and I met a lot of people. I have read about people like those in these posts and I think that it is probably a good thing if they find peace in their beliefs, but to say that an angel helped keep them safe in all situations is just not my belief.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,354 times
Default General question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
In 25 years of law enforcement I have seen and heard some really crazy things and been in scary situations, but in all that time I never felt that an angel helped me through the day. Good training helped me handle all those situations.

...but to say that an angel helped keep them safe in all situations is just not my belief.
Azloafer..You've got a good handle on being diplomatic...That's good, it shows that you would be good at your job..

(Hmmm..wait a second?..He deals with nuts all the time,..And he's just trying to keep us calm...)...OK,...I'm only kidding!!

But I have a question..As you deal all the time with threatening situations, and people that could be potential threats to others - Do you feel that your sense of judging a situation (that I'm sure has to be instantaneous on many occasions) is all from good training and instinct?...Or, do you sometimes just look at someone and see some type of "darkness" about them (I can't think of a better word to describe it). And by darkness, I do not mean a color, I mean something that is just... bad or evil.

I know that many of us experience situations where we meet someone, and there is something about their demeanor, the look on their face, their body language..That indicates to us..."Hey!..Don't take your eyes of this one".

But, have you ever walked up to someone, or even walked into a building or some other setting, and there was just something foreboding about it? ... And, sure enough, someone came at you out of nowhere, or you found something terrible?...In other words, there was just something that told you that there was something "evil" there...And not from any physical hints...

Is that always just from instinct?...Instincts are based on some type of physical hints (I think)...In other words, I can see something physically out of place (like an open door) that could instinctly tell you that something is wrong and danger is about...But, were there any times that everything was normal, and in place...But, you just got a dark foreboding about it...

Last edited by migee; 07-23-2007 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: mis-spelling

Old 07-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Default It is all instinct...

I believe it is all instinct based on past situations. I think that our mind is like a computer and when we encounter a certain situation our computer searches for actions to take based on past situations. I believe that is instinct, not help from an angel.

As far as angels helping people to avoid injury in accidents, etc., I don't buy that. For example, I was relatively safe, with few minor injuries, during most of my law enforcement career and then I was severly injured on the job and had to retire years before I had planned. Does that mean that the angel/s were watching over me for most of my career and then left me open to harm because the angel/s were, off duty, out to lunch, too busy,etc? Why would they give up on me if they were there at all. I was a good guy. I helped people. I did no harm. Why did the angel/s abandon me?

When I drove a stock car I never got hurt. Did the angel/s like racing more than law and order?

Everything considered, I think that it is very important for certain people to have a belief, like angels, to help them through life. Some people like to have a spiritual way of looking at everything. The only thing that may go wrong is when a person feels that they are so spiritually protected that they get careless and take dangerous chances in everything that they do.

Whatever we believe...this is a very thought provoking subject!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
Everything considered, I think that it is very important for certain people to have a belief, like angels, to help them through life. Some people like to have a spiritual way of looking at everything. The only thing that may go wrong is when a person feels that they are so spiritually protected that they get careless and take dangerous chances in everything that they do.

Whatever we believe...this is a very thought provoking subject!
I agree with this 100%.
But it could be that you were injured (not killed) and had to retire earlier than you had planned so you could be a part of something else that may be equally as important as law enforcement. Like D.A.R.E. Or other programs like Big Brothers. Could be just so you would be around for your children/grandchildren.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. That's just the way I look at it. I believe that we are all part of a bigger picture. And things happen for a reason. I also believe that we all have a "time". And when it arrives... the angels will be there then, too. To show you the way home.
(I hope I haven't drifted off into another forum )

Old 07-23-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly63 View Post
I agree with this 100%.
But it could be that you were injured (not killed) and had to retire earlier than you had planned so you could be a part of something else that may be equally as important as law enforcement. Like D.A.R.E. Or other programs like Big Brothers. Could be just so you would be around for your children/grandchildren.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. That's just the way I look at it. I believe that we are all part of a bigger picture. And things happen for a reason. I also believe that we all have a "time". And when it arrives... the angels will be there then, too. To show you the way home.
(I hope I haven't drifted off into another forum )
I agree with your thoughts also. That's the nice thing about this forum...we can put our thoughts out there for others to see while at the same time we learn from their posts. There are many views to everything and it is nice to learn all the ways of looking at things. It is also nice that this post on angels has not taken on an argumentative battle like some sections do. Thanks for your thoughts, who knows......you might be MY angel!

Old 07-23-2007, 02:10 PM

What a nice thing to say azloafer. Thank you.
I would... but I've been told "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to azloafer again." (Got the same thing for AksarbeN. This is such a good thread, IMO)

Old 07-23-2007, 05:00 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,037 times
Default how 'bout those angels....

Yes. I know I have my guardian angel who has been with me thru thick and thin.

My favorite about guardian angels is thru Padre Pio,

Padre Pio The Mystic - Guardian Angels

And it makes sense they are messengers,

Old 10-29-2007, 04:35 PM

685 posts, read 112,348 times
We believe in Angels...and have had countless experiences to prove they do exist

Old 10-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Tell Us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMoon View Post
We believe in Angels...and have had countless experiences to prove they do exist
Please talk about some experiences...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics