Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 06:32 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,729 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Woo Hoo !! I just found out that the trailer we are trying to fix up has another leaky pipe!! (dripping with sarcasm)

Extra Credit Question:
Lets talk about magazines
How many subscriptions do you have ? None, cause I never have the opportunity to read them...very sad situation indeed!
Once read do you
Keep them ? For awhile, cause I like recipes, suggestions, handy ideas, some articles, and to use them for cutting activities with the kids.....a magazine goes on forever for me. LOL
or
Toss them ? Only the ones without good pictures
Bonus Question:

What was the last "offer" you just couldn't refuse ? Can't remember!

Just for Fun:
What is the "squeakiest" thing in your home ? Our cockatiel...he is very squeaky in the morning and has this repetitive sound like the beeping of our microwave that he likes to annoy us with.
Inquiring Minds Question:
Get up and dance or sit and tap your feet ? Depends on situation...but I love to dance
Read a book or watch TV ? watch tv, someday it will be reading...to distracted right now.
Powder or liquid Laundry Soap ? liquid, powder doesn't dissolve well
Liquid or sheet fabric softener ? sheet in the dryer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 06:34 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Yay, a Word of the Day that I'm likely to use. So coruscate=sparkling and brilliant? Well, have a coruscate Saturday, everyone!

Woo Hoo !! I just found out _________ ?
My dog is having puppies.

Extra Credit Question:

How many subscriptions do you have ? I read normie's, since she bring them to work when she doesn't drop them off at the dentist.

Once read do you

Keep them ?
or
Toss them ?

LOL, since they're not mine anyway, I just put them back where I found them.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "offer" you just couldn't refuse ?

My kids were shopping for a house, and kept saying they wanted to find a house just like ours. Then they started saying they wished they could buy our house. So one day we said sure, why not! Especially after we fell in love with one of the newer houses they looked at. We liked that house, they liked our house, such a deal! And no need to pay realtor commissions.

Just for Fun:

What is the "squeakiest" thing in your home ?

Normie's shoes when she comes over to visit. In the name of sound pollution, normie, you've got to buy some WD-40 for those things!

Get up and dance or sit and tap your feet ? Since I mostly hear music at work or while I'm driving, I don't think getting up to dance is such a good idea.
Read a book or watch TV ? Read a book. I rarely watch tv.
Powder or liquid Laundry Soap ? Powder
Liquid or sheet fabric softener ? Don't use it.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:34 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,924 times
Today's Question(s):

Woo Hoo !! I just found out I lost 5 pounds Only 5 more to go

Extra Credit Question:

How many subscriptions do you have ? I have one. The kids have a few.

Once read do you

Keep them ?
or
Toss them ? I don't keep them very long before getting rid of them. I toss the kids' too, when I start finding them on the floor repeatedly. They tell me this makes me a bad mom.

Bonus Question:

Just for Fun:

What is the "squeakiest" thing in your home ? Tricycles. I'm listening to them squeak around the driveway right now.

Get up and dance or sit and tap your feet ? Definitely dance!
Read a book or watch TV ? Book
Powder or liquid Laundry Soap ?Liquid
Liquid or sheet fabric softener ?None. I can't stand the stuff.

Today in History:

1794 - U.S. Post Office established
1886 - Dr. John S. Pemberton first sold his secret elixir. It was originally used for medicinal purposes. So Dr. Pemberton went to the right place to sell his new product: Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Pemberton's medicine was sold to make people feel better and it still does that today. It's Coca-Cola. p.s. 1st Coca-Coke contained cocaine. hmm no wonder it made folks feel "peppy"
1877 - 1st Westminster Dog Show held
1939 - Clay Puett invented a device that is a common sight at thoroughbred race tracks around the world. The electric starting gate.

Word of the Day:

coruscate \KOR-uh-skayt\ , verb:
1. To exhibit brilliant, sparkling technique or style.
2.To give off or reflect bright beams or flashes of light; to sparkle.

Today is:
National Empañada Day
National coconut cream pie day
Mad Magazine Day
Have a Coke Day
No Sock Day
Sparkle Day

I participate in no socks day every day. I feel the same way about them as I feel about fabric softener.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:35 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
Have to leave for another hard day at the track in 40 min. Before I leave I'll answer

Today's Question(s):

Woo Hoo !! I just found out I passed the test of the Emergency Broadcast System.

Extra Credit Question:

How many subscriptions do you have ?
No subscriptions. I get National Dragster as part of my NHRA membership.

Once read do you

Keep them ?
or
Toss them ?
Take them to a waiting room somewhere and leave them. They seldom have magazines for men.

Bonus Question:

Mrs D said she would never mind

Just for Fun:

The floor, outside the computer room door, in the upstairs hall. Only in the winter when it's dry.

Get up and dance or sit and tap your feet ? You do this just to see if I'm awake don't you.
Read a book or watch TV I have Adult ADD. I think the 10 min between commercials was designed for me or did it create my problem.
Powder or liquid Laundry Soap?
Liquid or sheet fabric softener ?

Today in History:

1794 - U.S. Post Office established
1886 - Dr. John S. Pemberton first sold his secret elixir. It was originally used for medicinal purposes. So Dr. Pemberton went to the right place to sell his new product: Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Pemberton's medicine was sold to make people feel better and it still does that today. It's Coca-Cola. p.s. 1st Coca-Coke contained cocaine. hmm no wonder it made folks feel "peppy"
1939 - Clay Puett invented a device that is a common sight at thoroughbred race tracks around the world. The electric starting gate.

Word of the Day:

2.To give off or reflect bright beams or flashes of light; to sparkle.

Today is:
National Empañada Day
National coconut cream pie day
Mad Magazine Day
Have a Coke Day
No Sock Day
Sparkle Day

Old 05-08-2010, 06:38 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Today's Question(s):

Woo Hoo !! I just found out I'm not getting furloughed 22 days. (I actually found out a few weeks ago, but I'm still breathing a big sigh of relief!)

Extra Credit Question:
How many subscriptions do you have ?
One paid, several free courtesy of GloryB in the Freebie forum
Once read do you
Keep them ?
or
Toss them ?
Pass them on to friends, family and work.

Bonus Question:
My boss took me to lunch to pick my brain

Just for Fun:
The door to the liquor cabinet

Get up and dance or sit and tap your feet Both
Read a book or watch TV Both - I have a book in every room of the house. And in my truck for sitting at red lights.
Powder or liquid Laundry Soap? Liquid
Liquid or sheet fabric softener Both - some things don't go in the dryer

Today in History:
1794 - U.S. Post Office established Remember to put your canned food out by your mailbox today for the Food Drive!

Old 05-08-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
It's no socks day. The means I get to buy a new pair of sandals, right????
Yes. Yes. Yes. Buy two pairs, they're cheap. BTW your birthday's coming up and I think you can count on everyone here buying you a new pair of shoes.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
The door to the liquor cabinet
[/b][/color]
Is that deliberate so you'll know if someone is trying to sneak into your stash?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:56 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Today's Question(s):

Woo Hoo !! I just found out I'm still alive--I woke up this morning

Extra Credit Question:

How many subscriptions do you have ? 3

Once read do you

Keep them ?
or
Toss them ?
Keep Martha Stewart and Countryside - toss the other one

Bonus Question:

What was the last "offer" you just couldn't refuse ? My grandson offered to help me get the garden prepped for planting.

Just for Fun:

What is the "squeakiest" thing in your home ? Me. Not squeaky but creaky.

Get up and dance or sit and tap your feet ? Either if I have some to dance with - otherwise just tap my feet.
Read a book or watch TV ? Both in their time - TV early - book in bed.
Powder or liquid Laundry Soap ? Powder
Liquid or sheet fabric softener ? neither

Today in History:

1794 - U.S. Post Office established And it's on it's near death bed now.
1886 - Dr. John S. Pemberton first sold his secret elixir. It was originally used for medicinal purposes. So Dr. Pemberton went to the right place to sell his new product: Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Pemberton's medicine was sold to make people feel better and it still does that today. It's Coca-Cola. p.s. 1st Coca-Coke contained cocaine. hmm no wonder it made folks feel "peppy" Things just go better with Coke.
1939 - Clay Puett invented a device that is a common sight at thoroughbred race tracks around the world. The electric starting gate. And they're off!!!

Word of the Day:

2.To give off or reflect bright beams or flashes of light; to sparkle. I can do that.

Today is:
National Empañada Day Pass the empanadas, please.
National coconut cream pie day May I sub chocolate?
Mad Magazine Day And still around, too
Have a Coke Day No, thanks.
No Sock Day Wha???? It's too cold here today to go without socks.
Sparkle Day Lemme have my coffee first.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:04 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Today's Question(s):

Woo Hoo !! I just found out we're going out to dinner with friends tonight we haven't seen in awhile
________ ?

Extra Credit Question:

How many subscriptions do you have ?I'm guessing about 20. DH subscribes to every car magazine imaginable both US and European.

Once read do you

Keep them ?
or
Toss them ?
Neither....they are passed on to our son or DH brings them into work for the guys to read.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "offer" you just couldn't refuse ? Actually, an offer on one of our cars...hadn't planned to sell it, but, we would have been fools to pass this one up.

Just for Fun:

What is the "squeakiest" thing in your home ? One of our cats....squeaks all the time. No amt. of WD 40 will shut her up.

Get up and dance or sit and tap your feet ? Dance

Read a book or watch TV ?Guilty of both
Powder or liquid Laundry Soap ?liquid
Liquid or sheet fabric softener ?Neither...love the new Bounce Bar that you stick in your dryer.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:19 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Today's Question(s):

Woo Hoo !! I just found out
who the Guests of Honor will be at our 2011 convention!
I'm very excited, as both are among my favorite writers, and one is also a very close friend.

Extra Credit Question:

How many subscriptions do you have?

We're down to just four. We've let several of them expire because we found we just didn't have time to read them.

Once read do you

Keep them?
Usually this.
or
Toss them?
Once in a while this.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "offer" you just couldn't refuse?

My spouse offered to take me out to dinner on Thursday night, and I happily accepted.

Just for Fun:

What is the "squeakiest" thing in your home?

Oh, that would be the tuxedo-clad cat!

Get up and dance or sit and tap your feet?
I don't dance, and I don't generally tap my feet; I'm likelier to nod my head in time with the music.
Read a book or watch TV? Definitely read a book! I'm sure you are all shocked, right?
Powder or liquid Laundry Soap? We have a front-loading washer, so we have to use liquid.
Liquid or sheet fabric softener? Neither - I hate fabric softener. The smell of it makes me sneeze, and I hate the feel of clothing that has been doused in chemicals that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics