Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 03:16 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times

Advertisements

I think its stupid how hung up people get over this stuff. Why's it such a big deal?
Have none of you as teenagers done something you shouldn't have done just for the thrill of it?

Society really needs to change its views on women and men.

And like lucygirl951 said, if the girl is trashy for giving a BJ under the stairs then so is the guy. We can't have such double standards in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 03:17 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
If a girl has sex with 5 guys on 5 separate days who's fault is it?

If a girls flashes her breast on a street corner who's fault is it?

If a girl has sex with two guys on the same day who's fault is it?

It is HER fault unless it was rape. On her no one else, she CHOSE to do it.
You quoted me out of context, so I'll ignore that part of the post, but to answer your questions, again, it's not that simple. You are looking at complex issue of teen sexuality and reducing it to an either/or fallacy (fallacy means logical flaw, you can look it up).

If a girls flashes her breast on a street corner who's fault is it?

In no particular order:
A. hers
B. the culture that sends teens girls mixed and confusing messages about what it means to be a woman/girl who is worthy of male attention.
C. Hormones.
D. Peers.

If a girl has sex with two guys on the same day who's fault is it?

All of the above plus the two boys who couldn't keep it in their pants.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:18 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
That was you but that is not the majority of teenagers.
My mom never exactly knew where I was. Even if I was over at a friends house, we may have walked to the park in the neighborhood or to a convenient store or wherever. Back when I was 15 I was with AT&T and they didn't yet have unlimited texting, I sure as hell was not wasting a text message to update my mom every step of the way and if she called wondering where I was, I could tell her anything and she wasn't able to check because she was either at work or she was busy running errands.

Same goes for my friends.
The only friend I have who can't pull that off is my one friend who is GPS tracked by her dad, at 19, on her cell phone and her car. She graduated with all sorts of special crap, she had scholarships to U of Tampa and Hawaii, she's taking prerequisites for med school her first year of college. She's not allowed to spend the night at even female friends houses and her curfew is 11. Her 10 year old sister has more freedom than she does.

The rest of people I know, none of our parents know our exact locations, or exactly who we are with and no ones parents can know that unless they are with their child 24/7 and if any parents think they DO know, they are really wrong.

I am not sure how old you are but I am 38 and my mother would drive to where I was suppose to be randomly to check. I never knew when she would show up so I made sure I was where I was suppose to be. She did that because she cared about me and wanted me to know that she was always there. It keep my butt out of a lot of trouble. I also knew that is I did do something I was not suppose to and got caught I would have to deal with my dad and that was enough to stop most of the bad things I thought about doing. I am not saying that I did not get into trouble because I did but the idea of ever flashing my breasts to strangers on a street corner. No that would have never even been a blip on my screen.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh please. Boy and girl teens are both prone to stupidity. Girls are just held to a different standard because they are female. The "boys will be boys" syndrome.

Never said that boys did not do stupid things. Girls do control the sexual aspect of their relationships that is a fact. Girls chose what they will do and what they will not. These girls have something lacking at home to have gone out and did this.

Would you ever even think about doing this never mind actually doing it?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
All I know is that by the time I was 15 I knew enough NOT to do something like this because my parents had taught me. No you can't watch them 24/7 but by 15 you should have instilled enough common sense they would not ever think about doing this. This was not cheating on a test or cutting class, it is way more serious then that and tells me that their parents are not paying enough attention to what their kids are doing.
You can't use that logic.
Most kids don't LET their parents know what they are really like outside of the house with their friends.

I'll use myself as an example.

I don't swear in front of my mom or brother.
I swear a lot when I am with my friends.

I'm calm, quiet, reserved, introverted and sweet and innocent at home.
I'm hyper, fun, outgoing, talkative, the leader, everything when I am with my friends.

My mom has no clue what I do. I just tell her I am hanging out with friends.
The other night we went to a popular bowling, laser tag and more place in the neighboring town. I was drinking!! My mom doesn't know that. (I didn't drive)

The first time I tried weed, I came home shortly after and was high, my mom had no clue. (Only once and I hated it.)

What my mom thinks and what she knows are two completely different things.
No way my mom could know exactly what I do unless she found out.

No way those girls parents could know what type of girls their daughters are or if they needed more supervision or not UNLESS something like this happened.
So, that logic is flawed.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
If girls today where so easy there would be no such thing as date rape or date rape drugs. But they probably wanted it. right? Or they are lying. Or they changed their mind after. Girls are sneaky little sluts after all.

Let me give you a little example: I went on a few dates with someone. After one date i went back to his place to hang out. We started kissing. He said "Lets have sex" (he was trying to take my leggings off) I said "No not yet, I don't think we know each other well enough" he said "Oh come on" I said No and it went back in forth until he eventually just held me down and did it.

But after all I am a trampy girl and he was just a precious confused boy.

First, show me anywhere I ever said any of the nonsense you claim? You CAN'T because I didn't!!!

Second, I NEVER said EVERY girl was a sneaky ****.

Third, I have clearly stated in this thread that I was excluding RAPE. I clearly said if the girls CHOOSE.

And what happen to you WAS rape and he should be prosecuted and sent to prison.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:33 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
First, show me anywhere I ever said any of the nonsense you claim? You CAN'T because I didn't!!!

Second, I NEVER said EVERY girl was a sneaky ****.

Third, I have clearly stated in this thread that I was excluding RAPE. I clearly said if the girls CHOOSE.

And what happen to you WAS rape and he should be prosecuted and sent to prison.
Quote:
I am glad I have boys because the girls now a days act like sluts they have no respect for themselves and that makes it much harder to keep them on the right path.

Any you didn't make the rape comment until much after i posted my story.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Why does having consensual sex have to be anyone's "fault"?

I am pretty sure I act the same way I did last year. Maybe there is something in the water where you live.

Who said anything about fault? I said that it is all on the girl if she is viewed as trampy if she does indeed act that way. Not sure where this fault thing came from.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I am not sure how old you are but I am 38 and my mother would drive to where I was suppose to be randomly to check. I never knew when she would show up so I made sure I was where I was suppose to be. She did that because she cared about me and wanted me to know that she was always there. It keep my butt out of a lot of trouble. I also knew that is I did do something I was not suppose to and got caught I would have to deal with my dad and that was enough to stop most of the bad things I thought about doing. I am not saying that I did not get into trouble because I did but the idea of ever flashing my breasts to strangers on a street corner. No that would have never even been a blip on my screen.
Like I said, that was you and not the majority of teenagers.
I am 21 in 15 days.

Most parents A) don't have the time to drive and check to make sure their teens are where they say they are B) either don't care what their kids do or trust them enough not to do that.

You're mom is in the small minority of parents that actually go that far to check that.

I come from a single parent family.
My mom worked during the week as did most parents.
I had a few hours after school completely alone in what I did, no parents around. My mom didn't get off work and home till about 4pm after picking my brother up from school and once she was off work she would be busy cooking dinner or off running errands.
And when she worked during the summer, she left my brother with a sitter elsewhere and me at home alone all day, at 15.
I hardly had any supervision.
And that was just during the first two years of my high school years.

Junior and senior year my mom got off work the same time I got out of school but I was free to run around and do whatever. I'd come home drop my stuff off and off I was.

I could have gotten away with a lot more than I ever did.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
30 Years ago it was acceptable to drink and smoke during pregnancy also.

And this has what to do with what we are talking about. Do you think what these girls did is acceptable or should be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting