Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 03:20 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times

Advertisements

Mommy hat here too. Are you eating well? Are you getting enough nutrients? I often felt light headed when I was younger because I was dehydrated and rarely ate.

I have to go to class. I'll be back later tonight, everyone! Have fun!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Txt: I'm putting on my mommie hat. Right now you should not be drinking anything. Nothing. If you do go to the ER you REALLY need to establish yourself with a GP as well. You need someone who can treat Txt the person not someone who is going to see you once and that's it.

No alcohol. No junk food. Your body needs nourishment and rest right now. If you go to the ER tell them about the crying and the panic attacks. Have you eaten anything decent today? If not, you need to. And get some fluids into your system as well.
As soon as my health insurance kicks in I will be finding a doctor in town or close by.
I don't even know if I have....wait yes my mom made me chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese after she told me she'd fill my tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Mommy hat here too. Are you eating well? Are you getting enough nutrients? I often felt light headed when I was younger because I was dehydrated and rarely ate.

I have to go to class. I'll be back later tonight, everyone! Have fun!
Ive been eating alright...comfort foods.
I simultaneously ate an apple turnover and a root beer float the other night, I've never before experienced burning my tongue and the cold killing my teeth this was AFTER I ate a chili cheese hot dog. My guy friend was like and I was like what???? I feel much happier now and he like yeah you just ate a small child.....

Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Tomorrow it's going to be 38. Looks I need to get out my bathing suite.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Tomorrow it's going to be 38. Looks I need to get out my bathing suite.
Its been getting warmer here...way warmer and then freezes and yeah thats colorado for you....

suppose to be near 60 here on friday and then like 38 a couple days later...

Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
TXT:
I think you need to give up both jobs and go into the Job Corp and learn a skill/trade. I would recommend the military, but you need to be off anti-depressants for 1 yr before going that route

Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
TXT:
I think you need to give up both jobs and go into the Job Corp and learn a skill/trade. I would recommend the military, but you need to be off anti-depressants for 1 yr before going that route
If I give up my jobs I cannot pay for my belongings. I know the military pays but its not like you have anything in the military that you have to pay for because you don't really have personal belongings.

I am not the military type so that is not an option.
Everyone is telling me to give up BBB and just do the fulltime job because I have room for advancement there.

I am going to see how I do on the anti-anxiety meds at work and see if that helps me feel better and if I don't get so stressed out.

I mean since taking the lexapro earlier I have blankly stared randomly into space more times than....well something that happens a lot...I can't even think about what makes me miserable long enough for it to affect me. I am not sure I have held one thought for more than a few seconds.

Is this any way to live? Not really but is this better than what I was going through before? Yes. At least I just look stoned and not like a crazy woman crying and blubbering on about how everything is going wrong in my life.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
What do you mean you don't have personal belongs in the military? Like I said, military for you wouldnt be an option at the moment anyway

I do think you need to see a doctor as well as relax and not worry about things so much. I just think your focus is on the wrong thing (material items maybe) and not so much as just making a plan is sticking to it. Seems if you dont get instant results or satisfaction that you give up or find a reason to say XXX isn't working instead of toughing it out.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Just ask BBB to cut back your hours starting with the next schedule. Just work two days a week there until you get a better grip on things. You can always add more hours later if you feel you're up for it. But I suspect that you won't last long working both jobs if you don't ensure that you have free time for yourself. But it's important that you keep the full time job until you start the police academy because it has benefits and you make more money there.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:55 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
FYI: grapes are mostly fructose (sugar) and water. One of the least nutritious fruits in the bunch (pun intended). If you're trying to cut down on calories, I'd definitely pick a more nutrition-packed sweet than grapes. A bruised-ripe banana is very sweet, has calories, but is also loaded with potassium and vitamins, and is much more filling than a proportionally equivalent serving of grapes. Plus, it won't give you gas like grapes do

I LOVE grapes. Green seedless. The worst of the worst, gassiest of the gassy, sweetest of them all. But I think I have maybe - a couple dozen grapes in a year's time. They're just like popping candy, like someone posted. Except, if I'm gonna pop candy, I want something more substantial. Like - candy.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
....fast forward to this:
I mean since taking the lexapro earlier I have blankly stared randomly into space more times than....well something that happens a lot...I can't even think about what makes me miserable long enough for it to affect me. I am not sure I have held one thought for more than a few seconds.

Is this any way to live? Not really but is this better than what I was going through before? Yes. At least I just look stoned and not like a crazy woman crying and blubbering on about how everything is going wrong in my life.
You should be checking with your doctor -regularly- for dosage adjustments. It's possible you went to a "standard" dose too quickly and just need to cut back a bit, and work your way back up to standard.

It's also possible that Lexapro is simply a combination of chemicals that don't work efficiently with your neurochemistry, and a different combination will be more appropriate. Your doctor needs to know how you're feeling - any of these kinds of odd feelings absolutely positively needs to be discussed.

Not everyone is a good candidate for anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications. And some people respond wonderfully with certain ones, and horribly with others.

So again, it might just need some dosage adjustment. Do -NOT- attempt to do your own adjusting, however. Discuss it with your doctor and ask him if he feels it would be appropriate for you, and have him make the recommendation, if he thinks so. Tell him -everything- you've noticed that's different from usual. Even if certain foods you used to like, suddenly taste lousy to your tastebuds. Or if you're noticing that you're clenching your teeth more often, or if you realized after a few days that you're spending more time bouncing your knee when you're sitting down..or craving pizza when you normally don't..

Any changes in your behavior, overall feeling of health, senses, and moods - should be mentioned to your doctor on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting