Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 06:51 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
I personally know Nicole (Snooki) as most would call her. I was invited to go to jersey shore this summer to visit her. I did not want to. 1. Because I have children and she didnt know I was pregnant again. 2. I didnt want to be on National TV. The drama is not suggested its just there. You cant expect that many people to live in a house and not have drama. Sammie and Ronnie were together at the time the footage aired. At the time it was filmed. They werent.
I think that was very wise of you, cheer. How's Emmerson doing?

We just got home from a Thomas stage show that I got tickets for for $15 bucks each instead of $49. I love craigslist. It was DD's first show and she didn't seem to like it too much when we got there, but stared at it intensely the whole time and then got upset when it was over.

Then she wanted to wait for the seals to come out. I finally figured out she thought it was also an aquarium and that seals were going to pop out at any moment.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
... several times on the Health and Beauty forum with some lady who claims everyone over 35 who doesn't use Retin A is lazy and will have awful skin and their husbands will divorce them because of it by the time they are 40... LOL...I don't know about people sometimes.
I couldn't resist. So I went over there and told her about Oil of Olay. I'm quite sure she won't believe me. You go, MM! I'm behind you all the way!

Old 02-26-2011, 07:14 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Oh, I missed maciesmom's post about Retin A. I have to say my older sister used Retin A through her 20s and 30s and early 40s. She looks significantly younger than me.

It's very annoying. She's not annoying. Her looking younger than me is very annoying.

I feel badly for that lady in the H&B forum if she feels she needs to rely on her looks to keep her husband because eventually it will all turn to crap on her no matter what she does.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:16 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Every time I go to the Fashion and Beauty Forum, it seems so shallow. I have bigger things to worry about!
I agree with you. I'd rather spend my money on travel, concert tickets, and fun stuff for the family to do.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:26 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
The same person who's saying she's gonna go botox and that thinness and physical beauty is all important, is the same person who is claiming she's been "dieting" with a low-carb diet for the past 10 years, and that when she doesn't follow the structured dieting routine, she eats "everything she wants whenever she wants" and gets fat, therefore, it's the dieting that keeps her healthy (as opposed to just - having a little self-restraint). Oh and she blames this on being blood type O, and that blood type O people are destined to be fat unless they live low-carb all their lives.

It's scary, how much the internet has turned people into suckers. Barnum's Posthulate needs to be updated: there's a sucker born every .0056 seconds.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:59 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I couldn't resist. So I went over there and told her about Oil of Olay. I'm quite sure she won't believe me. You go, MM! I'm behind you all the way!
Thanks Dew...what a nutjob! I am guessing she's nearing or just turned 40, still single and panicking...Whatev!

Enjoying my visit with my dad....guessing he'll head out early tomorrow morning.

Hope ohiogirl got rid of those hiccups. I hate hiccups.

Oh - and Dew.....my dad hadn't seen TJITC .... I told him if I finished up in the next week he could have the DVD set (I know he doesn't watch much of what's currently on TV). My family loves all that stuff.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:32 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
They went away. Then I went to see a movie. Then I came home and got them again. Now they are gone.

Such a tiring evening hahah.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Oh, I missed maciesmom's post about Retin A. I have to say my older sister used Retin A through her 20s and 30s and early 40s. She looks significantly younger than me.

It's very annoying. She's not annoying. Her looking younger than me is very annoying.

I feel badly for that lady in the H&B forum if she feels she needs to rely on her looks to keep her husband because eventually it will all turn to crap on her no matter what she does.
I should start now then shouldn't I?
Kinda weirds me out that I now have to start worrying about keeping my skin and body from aging too quickly....

Old 02-27-2011, 05:14 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Your skin will never be older than the rest of you. When you're 80 years old, your skin will be 80 years old.

You can eat well, get enough exercise, and keep your skin protected and moisturized so that it's in the best shape it *can* be in, throughout your life. It's a whole lot cheaper, and less painful, than fixing it after the damage is done.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I should start now then shouldn't I?
Kinda weirds me out that I now have to start worrying about keeping my skin and body from aging too quickly....
Honestly txt...the best thing you could do for your skin right now is the following:

1. Healthy eating
2. Drink lots of water (instead of Pepsi)
3. Use the Oil of Olay at least twice daily (it's inexpensive - get the kind with the SPF).
4. If you are going to be out in the sun a lot - apply higher spf sunscreen to your face - they make them specially for that.
5. Wear sunglasses. Squinting your eyes in the sun will cause wrinkles.

At your age, and in this climate that's the important stuff - more so than spending money you don't have on products like Retin-A.

Last edited by maciesmom; 02-27-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting