Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 11:34 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You need to quit again and stay off the caffeine, dear. You don't need painkillers to do it. People stop caffeine all the time without painkillers.

You're not special. Repeat "I, txtqueen, am not special" over and over until you finally believe it. Quit being a wuss. Just quit.

12 cans of soda is outrageous. No wonder you're a spax attack. No wonder you have anxiety problems. No wonder you have irritable bowel.

I guarantee if you stopped drinking caffeine and carbonated drinks almost all of your IBS and anxiety symptoms would disappear.
No I just need lots and lots of advil.
I think either way I am going to kill my liver though. LOL

Old 01-05-2011, 11:35 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
You're not the only woman in the world. I hate chocolate, even the good stuff, Finster. Not to get to detailed, but chocolate and my digestive system doesn't go well together. Enough said. Overall, I'm not into sweets. I'm more of a salt person than sugar person.
Fair enough. I never used to eat it much, but I like it now. Just thought it might help those trying to wean of caffeine. But it's ok, you don't have to eat it if you don't like it.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Fair enough. I never used to eat it much, but I like it now. Just thought it might help those trying to wean of caffeine. But it's ok, you don't have to eat it if you don't like it.
I think i'll go find some chocolate, I want some now.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:11 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
No I just need lots and lots of advil.
I think either way I am going to kill my liver though. LOL
I know it seems funny now, but it's really not. Honestly, what's the point in drinking that much soda? It's not like you really get off on it. You are just setting yourself up for health problems for no real reason.

You shouldn't just cut it out cold turkey, that's why you feel like poo. But you can and should cut back. Meanwhile, have something high in calcium, because all of that sugar and caffeine is causing you to lose calcium through your pee and your bones are getting weaker by the hour. The phosphorus in cola accelerates it even more. So stop it.

BTW, I'm not just haranguing you, I'm going to get on MrFR when he gets home. I'm an equal opportunity nagger.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I know it seems funny now, but it's really not. Honestly, what's the point in drinking that much soda? It's not like you really get off on it. You are just setting yourself up for health problems for no real reason.

You shouldn't just cut it out cold turkey, that's why you feel like poo. But you can and should cut back. Meanwhile, have something high in calcium, because all of that sugar and caffeine is causing you to lose calcium through your pee and your bones are getting weaker by the hour. The phosphorus in cola accelerates it even more. So stop it.

BTW, I'm not just haranguing you, I'm going to get on MrFR when he gets home. I'm an equal opportunity nagger.
Hahaha.
And I know what I -should- do just hard to do it.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Just back from "10% off for seniors day" at the local grocery store. Can't remember the last time I heard that much Dean Martin and Big Band. Think the oldest song on Muzak was from the 60's.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I've quit before.
I broke my foot and was on painkillers and thought I am going to quit soda while I can't feel the migraines and successfully got off soda and was off it for a couple months and finally drank some because I thought I could keep my amounts of soda low.
Coming from experience, being addicted to caffeine is a smaller form of being an alcoholic. A recovering alcoholic cannot take a drink again. A person who is recovering from being addicted to soda cannot have another soda again. This is why my husband knows we cannot have soda in the house at least for now. Once it gets to the point where I can deny a soda when it's around, he can have some in the house if he wants. That amount of soda is exceedingly bad for you. You need to quit and not ever drink a soda again.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Just back from "10% off for seniors day" at the local grocery store. Can't remember the last time I heard that much Dean Martin and Big Band. Think the oldest song on Muzak was from the 60's.
We played Big Band music at our wedding reception. Well, our music was quite eclectic actually. We had Big Band, Queen, Beach Boys, and some other 60's stuff. I wanted the Dr. Quinn theme song, but that couldn't be found.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
On the news, they were showing footage of a shooting at a mall in Arizona.

They kept referring to the shooter as a fugative. BUT he didn't escape. The prison let him out early by accident.

How can he be technically called a fugative when the prison let him out? arizona-inmate-accidentally-released

Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
On the news, they were showing footage of a shooting at a mall in Arizona.

They kept referring to the shooter as a fugative. BUT he didn't escape. The prison let him out early by accident.

How can he be technically called a fugative when the prison let him out?

Arizona authorities denying fault in freeing of inmate
Because they asked him to come back and he didn't?

This is some distance south of me, (like a three hour drive) but I know the mall. One of my favorites. If they shoot up the Hawaiian BBQ place in the food court I am going to be royally ticked.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-05-2011 at 01:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting