Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:01 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiousity...just what is it you hope to gain by doing this? How do you think it will enhance your life? That's what I'd want my daughter to consider. Doing stupid things and being humiliated on television in front of millions of people and having it available forever isn't something I'd hope she'd be interested in doing. I'd advise her that it could seriously limit her choice of serious occupation once filming ended. Then what happens? I'd also remind her that it's time she began thinking of her life in the long term not the short term.

If I was asked that is.

Last edited by maciesmom; 02-25-2011 at 05:38 PM..

Old 02-25-2011, 05:04 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post

I guess wanting to take the "oh whoa is my life" route is the route some need to/want to take.

I took it for several years. It stunk & no one feels sorry for you after awhile. But you look like a fool by the end of it all....

Same!

I appeared in Glamour Magazine in a bra. It was tasteful and cool. HOWEVER I had this scared feeling that it would somehow effect my life after it came out.

THEN the girl who offered me my job (I haven't started yet) e-mailed me and asked me if it was me. My heart stopped. Thankfully she thought it was a cute picture and an informative article. It could of gone the other way. Of course now that the magazine is off the shelf it's been brushed aside but my parents still think its nice.

Txt, from what you posted on here you say you aren't exactly a skinny person. Neither am I so before you jump down my throat we weigh about the same. You do realize that there is one "not skinny" girl in every cast. Are you prepared for what the message boards will say? Also, you post on here like you are mentally unstable and depressed do you think this is what you need in your life?

Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,083 times
You got stressed out working at BB&B! How in the heck are you going to handle the pressure of living with a bunch of strangers who are going to be drunk most of the time and having your antics taped for the world to mock and pick at? Do you like being laughed at? And boy howdy but you can kiss your police career goodbye sister.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I've already applied and been sent a vip pass to by pass the line because my email peaked their interest.
I really hope you aren't expecting to be welcomed with open arms and shown to your own private dressing room. You will be met by a couple of poorly paid production assistant who are in charge of hearding the applicants into certain lines. Those person will be yelling and bossy. You will be one of many wth a VIP pass. You could spend all of two minutes talking to someone in casting. If you don't have a certain look or vibe they will say, "Thank you very much" and show you out the door. Do not get your hopes up.

Just curious on one thing. Did they ask for a photo when you appied? Did they tell you to bring one with?

Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
This isn't really a parenting question, any more than, "What would you say to your adult child if he or she wanted to buy a minivan? I'm thinking of buying a minivan." This isn't about parenting, it's about you wanting to go on a reality show.

Try the Television thread, if you really feel the need to talk about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting