Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I know when you guys are mentioning me....
Its like spelling things in front of a child when the child unbeknown to know knows what you are spelling.

And its not uninformed, its all based on stuff I have heard other people say.
Forums where I have read what the people say. I don't agree with it.
Some people have said the most whacked out stuff and it turns me away from anything religious.

At 9, I was told by an adult that non-christian music was devil music, at 9 I used to say I was unaware satan had a record label. Personally I think people who say that those kinds of things are immature.
it is ignorant for you to think that religion and fundamentalism are the same thing. If all religion was the wacko fundamentalist stuff you always mention, I'd have nothing to do with it. You shouldn't let the most extreme people turn you away all together.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:05 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
I made myself breakfast for dinner the other night.
I am going to do the same tonight.

Its so good.
I am going to make myself pancakes with blueberries and strawberries, sausage and some eggs, not sunny side up but not hard, just squishy and gel-y enough.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
it is ignorant for you to think that religion and fundamentalism are the same thing. If all religion was the wacko fundamentalist stuff you always mention, I'd have nothing to do with it. You shouldn't let the most extreme people turn you away all together.
I still don't believe most of what the bible says and wouldn't even want to change my habits that I have now and I'm not willing to be a hypocrite and believe in a religion and not follow its rules.

I have what I like to call ******anity, just my first name with anity added on the end, its great, I follow it perfectly, and no getting up early sunday to worship myself.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:12 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I still don't believe most of what the bible says and wouldn't even want to change my habits that I have now and I'm not willing to be a hypocrite and believe in a religion and not follow its rules.

I have what I like to call ******anity, just my first name with anity added on the end, its great, I follow it perfectly, and no getting up early sunday to worship myself.
I can respect that.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 PM

970 posts, read 2,213,830 times
Neither of my parents are religious so I never grew up as any particular religion. I have been to church services a handful of times (Catholic and Lutheran) and I have participated in some religious traditions with my Jewish roommate but to be honest it doesn't really resonate with me. I find some of the stuff interesting but I don't feel anything while participating in an organized meeting. I feel the most spiritual when I am somewhere peaceful outdoors!

Religious people are not automatically crazy, intolerant, or fundamentalist. About 2/3 of the ~100 people at my wedding last year were religious (as in they attend religious services regularly). I'm talking a mix of Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Jews, and a couple "born-again" Christians. Why does it matter? Because I'm female and my partner is transgendered (born female), which is generally taboo. Did these so called religious people care? No, because their religions teach them to be loving and tolerant towards all people.

Unrelated:
I was in Sea Scouts in high school (which is a part of Boy Scouts). It's mostly for older kids (12-18 or 21) and the highest rank is the equivalent to Eagle Scout. My group was all female

Edit: I think a large portion of my parents being non-religious has to do with football on Sundays....lol

Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
I think a large portion of my parents being non-religious has to do with football on Sundays....lol
Saturday evening services are indeed a wonderful thing.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Yep. Plus, hearing things from a few religious people does not make one informed. I am deeply knowledgeable about most major religions, but I don't have to believe in them.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:37 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,083 times
Ugh. My 16 lb whopper of a cat is up on my neighbors roof. Her fat arse has a hard time jumping up in the bed so how she got up there is beyond me. I am assuming the dogs were playing a little rough with her and she bolted up there. Now how do I get her down? These neighbors just moved in and it's 1:30 am here. Not like I can grab the ladder and get her and I don't want to wake them up. Guess I will have to wait and see. Had to bribe the dogs to come inside with popcorn. They are as shocked to see her big butt up there as I am!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:29 AM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times
My kids are having a snowday.. and it's the second day of spring. Oh, how I dislike you right now Mother Nature!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Breakfast for dinner is the best! I remember my mom occasionally making us pecan waffles for dinner! Haven't had those in years.
I love breakfast for dinner. Unfortunately, hubby doesn't. But I do it sometimes. Pecan waffles sound great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Ugh. My 16 lb whopper of a cat is up on my neighbors roof. Her fat arse has a hard time jumping up in the bed so how she got up there is beyond me. I am assuming the dogs were playing a little rough with her and she bolted up there. Now how do I get her down? These neighbors just moved in and it's 1:30 am here. Not like I can grab the ladder and get her and I don't want to wake them up. Guess I will have to wait and see. Had to bribe the dogs to come inside with popcorn. They are as shocked to see her big butt up there as I am!
OMG! In the movies, people call the fire department. But it's 1:30am.

If it's not too cold outside, maybe she can stay up there for the night and you can get a ladder in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting