Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 07:51 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Zim - come on now, rainy camping trips are fun. Right? (as long as you have an ipad or something)
We've had so many rainy camping trips----with DOGS. There's nothing like sharing a tent with a wet, smelly, muddy dog!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
We don't do rain around here, we do torrential downpours with thunder and lightning. And..we can only take a small tent as we have assigned space....and we have Rambo-wannabe den leaders, so no doubt we will be trudging around in the mud having "fun".....and no booze at the scout camp site!

And...I could be home in my dry comfortable bed. No worries, I'm sure it will be great.
Oh man! I'm feeling chilled just reading that! I hate camping when it rains. Or snows - we've had that happen to us in June. Woke up to inches of snow. The older I get, the pickier I am when it comes to camping.

Worse is backcountry camping in the rain. That really stinks.

One word for you - flask.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
I just noticed on yahoonews that Elizabeth Taylor died.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Oh man! I'm feeling chilled just reading that! I hate camping when it rains. Or snows - we've had that happen to us in June. Woke up to inches of snow. The older I get, the pickier I am when it comes to camping.

Worse is backcountry camping in the rain. That really stinks.

Yes, that's what I was going to suggest. A bit of a warming snort before you go to bed. Waddathey gonna do, search your luggage? Just don't run into anybody if you have to go pee in the night.

Kids and downpours in the outdoors, sounds like you need all the help you can get.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Kids and downpours in the outdoors, sounds like you need all the help you can get.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:00 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Ugh. My 16 lb whopper of a cat is up on my neighbors roof. Her fat arse has a hard time jumping up in the bed so how she got up there is beyond me. I am assuming the dogs were playing a little rough with her and she bolted up there. Now how do I get her down? These neighbors just moved in and it's 1:30 am here. Not like I can grab the ladder and get her and I don't want to wake them up. Guess I will have to wait and see. Had to bribe the dogs to come inside with popcorn. They are as shocked to see her big butt up there as I am!
let us know what happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I need a lobotomy.

I've decided to let that kid move into my house. We voted on it as a family last night and my family is in agreement.

We're having a family meeting with him on Thursday to go over our rules.

I never thought I'd need to make a list of rules like rules I'm creating right now.
That is very kind of you. I hope it all turns out well.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
I just noticed on yahoonews that Elizabeth Taylor died.
Sad. I just read this quote of hers, and thought it touching:

“I hope with all of my heart that in some way I have made a difference in the lives of people with AIDS. I want that to be my legacy. Better that than for the mole on my cheek.” - Elizabeth Taylor

Old 03-23-2011, 08:46 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
The cat came sauntering back in not long after I posted like nothing happened and immediately curled up on the couch with one of the dogs she was battling with. No matter what happens she loves her doggies. How she got down I have no clue. I didn't hear an earthquake sized thud so I was suprised to see her lol. She is now banned from going outside though. Between her and the dogs who keep tearing through the bottom of the wooden fence, they keep me on my toes.

I am so sorry to hear that La Liz is gone. She was an original.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
The cat came sauntering back in not long after I posted like nothing happened and immediately curled up on the couch with one of the dogs she was battling with. No matter what happens she loves her doggies. How she got down I have no clue. I didn't hear an earthquake sized thud so I was suprised to see her lol. She is now banned from going outside though. Between her and the dogs who keep tearing through the bottom of the wooden fence, they keep me on my toes.
Glad kitty is okay! It's a good thing she has nine lives! I'd still let her outside! She'll probably lose weight climbing and jumping roofs!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
We've had so many rainy camping trips----with DOGS. There's nothing like sharing a tent with a wet, smelly, muddy dog!
Army OCS. Ft. Benning, GA. 14 day field problem. No bathrooms. No showers. Land navigation which prohibits walking on surfaced areas. Rained every single day & night. Since it was OCS, the TACS wanted to be really you know whats & would wake us up at all hours of the night, in the rain, to do all sorts of stupid things b/c they were mad they had to be in the rain.
Ate in the rain. Slept in the rain. We all smelled. Dried our clothes out over fires (of course the TACS got mad about that b/c it showed our location & we had to put the fires out). Oh, and we were not allowed to wear rain gear b/c that just undercut the purpose of being a soldier at OCS. Fun times!

OCS is 4 months. My particular grauduating class went through during one of the hottest & rainest fall seasons in GA. I have over 200 pictures that to this day make me laugh. We were always in the rain.

It's been several years since then, but to this day I cannot appreciate enough a hot shower!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting